Categories > Anime/Manga > Yami no Matsuei > Rapture Like Blood

Daisuke's Notes

by Noizchild 0 reviews

Emiko finally gives Anna some good news with gifts to match.

Category: Yami no Matsuei - Rating: R - Genres: Drama - Published: 2011-07-31 - Updated: 2011-08-01 - 530 words - Complete

0Unrated


Chapter Twenty-One: Daisuke’s Notes:

Tape Entry #35:

April 7th, 1983.

My name is Kimoto Daisuke. I am eighteen years old and a single dad. I am in fear of my daughter. She could grow up to be a monster. She's a baby now, but still…

There is no way to tell which girl will inherit the mother kitsune. Our powers don't manifest until our teen years, but what if hers manifest sooner?

It's silly to be afraid of a little baby like this, but I can't help it. I don't even know what to do if she has the Mother. I don't want to kill her. That would make me no better than Haruka.

-He sighed on tape-

I have to do something. But what can I do?

-He pauses on tape-

I don't know what do!

-End of Tape #35-

Anna lay on her futon as the tape wound to a stop. Too much bogged her mind. Meixiang's murder, Willow's sudden appearance, her with the Mother Kitsune… Anna tightly shut her eyes. The spinning of spools lingered in her ears long after the tape stopped. Even her own father feared the last thought. Her stomach turned once again.

"That was your dad, wasn't it?" she heard someone ask. Anna opened her eyes and lifted her head. Willow stood in the doorway staring at her. Her friend sighed and dropped her head back.

"Yes," she said. "That was him."

"Was he talking about the kitsune?"

"Yes, yes." Anna closed her eyes again. /That's right; I still have her to deal with./ Her hand dropped to her side when her cell phone rang. /What now?/ Anna reached around on the floor for her phone. She hit the call button and put the phone to her ear.

"Hello?" she asked.

"Anna!" Emiko said on the other line. "Just the person I wanted to talk to."

The tsukai sighed and put her hand over her face. "Please let there be some good news!"

"Oh, yes."

"What?"

"Hoto-chan and I have finished translating Daisuke's notes."

Anna sat up with a jolt. "You have?"

"Hell yes! They are waiting for you in a box by the front door."

Anna's face became puzzled. "Where are you?"

"Come to the front door."

"Okay…" Anna stood up and walked out of her room.

"Anna? Where are you going?" Willow asked after her. Anna made it to the front door and peeked out. Emiko stood on the other side with the phone to her ear. She grinned as she gave her a small wave.

"Hey," she said. Anna hung up the phone.

"Hi," she said back. Emiko handed her the box.

"Enjoy!" she said. The butch demon turned to leave.

"Wait!" Anna said. "Where are you going?"

"To go do my ladylove!" Emiko replied.

"Go do your…" Anna began to ask. The lights suddenly flipped on in her head. "Oh! You and Hotaru…" she said.

"Yeah, sweet cheeks!" Emiko yelled back. "See ya!" She disappeared from view. Anna only smiled and shook her head. Oh Emiko…/ The woman looked down at the box in her arms. /Right… Once back to her room, the studies began again in a new field.
Sign up to rate and review this story