Categories > Celebrities > My Chemical Romance > Forever and Ever Continued....

So Sure

by MCArmyWife 4 reviews

Anna and Gerard learn Casey wants to be turned.

Category: My Chemical Romance - Rating: R - Genres: Fantasy,Romance - Characters: Bob Bryar,Frank Iero,Gerard Way,Mikey Way,Ray Toro - Published: 2011-08-03 - Updated: 2011-08-03 - 3546 words

5Exciting
After Marcus and Casey dressed they headed towards the studio hoping to speak to Anna and Gerard. Casey was growing more uneasy by the minute. Since they had so recently bonded she could hear Marcus’s thoughts loudly and he was very upset by Jonathan’s arrival and announcement.

Gerard looked up from his sketchbook as soon as they walked in. He immediately looked over at Anna who lowered her paintbrush to stare at the couple.

Marcus spoke first. “You’ve talked to Jonathan?”

Anna nodded. “Yes, he just left to choose a blood bound. Seems walking in on you and Casey ignited his hunger.”

Marcus wasn’t surprised by the anger he heard in her tone, he’d expected it. However as a Pure he would not tolerate her attitude. “Annabelle, you know not to question the actions of a Pure.”

“Yes, of course.” Anna looked at Casey but did not speak to her.

Gerard tried to defuse the tension by changing the subject. “So any idea why His Excellence is coming here?” He asked Marcus.

Marcus shook his head. “No idea at all. Did Jonathan tell you anything?”

“Nope.” Gerard said shaking his head. “Just that he’ll arrive tomorrow and that he wants to speak to you too.”

Casey spoke softly. “Maybe he just wants to see how Anna and Gerard are doing.”

“His Excellence doesn’t make social calls.” Marcus said sharply. When he saw the look of hurt on Casey’s face he regretted his tone. “Sorry.” He said softly looking into her eyes.

Anna was watching the exchange in surprise. Marcus rarely apologized. As she and Gerard both watched Marcus took Casey’s hand in his and led her over to the small sofa where they sat down. Casey looked into his eyes and smiled.

“You are listening to his thoughts.” Anna said softly realizing the truth.

Casey tore her eyes from Marcus’s to nod. “Yes.”

Gerard closed his sketch book then stood to stretch. A smile covered his face. “Uh, so you two are now blood bonded?” He’d thought that was what happened but since Jonathan had only mentioned he’d walked in on them having sex he wasn’t totally sure.

“We are.” Casey answered with a smile.

Marcus squeezed her hand. “Yes, she belongs to me now.”

“Do you not feel you should have given her more time to decide if that is what she wanted?’ Anna asked glaring at the Pure.

He was about to give her an angry answer when Casey spoke up.

“Anna it was my choice and I made it. Marcus actually tried to talk me out of it.”

By the look on her face Anna didn’t believe it. “He tried to talk you out of it?”

Casey nodded. “Yeah, he did.”

“Why?” Gerard asked walking towards them. He took a seat across from the couple then pulled out his cigarettes.

Marcus did not like his actions being called into question. “Both of you need to remember I don’t have to explain anything to either one of you.”

By this time Anna had walked over. Gerard knew she was angry so he pulled her down on his lap. “We know that Marcus. But you know we’re concerned about Casey.”

Casey sighed, “I’d really appreciate it if you would stop acting like I’m not in the room. Yes, Marcus and I both realize you are concerned but believe me I wanted this bond between us. This bond is the beginning.”

"Beginning?” Anna’s eyes grew wide. “What does that mean?”

Marcus inwardly groaned. He wished Casey would not keep bringing up the fact she wanted to be turned. Anna was already upset enough about the blood bond. When he turned he saw Casey staring at him. Too late he realized she was listening to his thoughts.

“Okay, fine.” She threw up her hands. “I’ll be quiet.”

Gerard tried not to smile but watching the Pure being almost out of control of a situation was amusing.

“I didn’t say I’d like you to be quiet.” Marcus said slowly. “That’s not what I was thinking.”

Casey’s eyes narrowed. “Uh yeah it was. You don’t want me to upset Anna.”

Gerard could feel the tension in Anna’s body.

“Upset me?” Anna said slowly. “What could you say that would upset me?”

“Uh Sugar you’re already upset.” Gerard said softly.

Anna ignored him while still staring at Casey waiting for an answer.

Casey looked at Marcus waiting for his answer.

“Oh fuck.” Marcus muttered. “Go ahead, you might as well tell them.” He was shocked when tears appeared in Casey’s eyes.

“It’s not something you want to happen.” She whispered sadly.

He hated that her tears were affecting him but there was no stopping the fact. Instead of speaking out loud he spoke to her through his thoughts.

Anna and Gerard both waited.

Suddenly a smile lit up Casey’s face. She leaned over and kissed him.

“This is weird.” Gerard said realizing that Casey was again listening to Marcus’s thoughts.

Casey smiled as she looked over at them. “I am going to be a Healer.”

“What?" Gerard wasn’t sure he’d heard her correctly.

Anna however was sure she’d heard correctly. “Marcus what in the hell have you been telling her? Even a Pure is not allowed to turn one without the consent of the council.”

Marcus’s eyes flashed in anger. Anna had no right to speak to him like this. He was about to answer when Casey gently patted his leg to calm him.

Gerard had to cover his mouth to keep from laughing. Seeing Casey patting Marcus on the leg to calm him was beyond funny.

“Aunt Anna.” Casey said then paused, “I mean Anna please listen. This was not his idea. Since learning about the Healers I have always known becoming one was my destiny.”

“What did Christa tell you?” Anna whispered shaking her head sadly.

“She told me about her conversation with His Excellence.” Casey answered honestly.

“Wow.” Gerard said softly.

Anna was still concerned. “Casey do you realize what it would mean to be turned? What you would give up?”

It was Marcus who answered. “We don’t really know what it would mean for her to be turned. A Ingredior Utriusquehas never been turned.”

Anna found herself at a loss for words.

“Whatever happens when I am turned is what is meant to be.” Casey said softly. “But I believe I will remain the same as I am now. I will just have the Healers gift.”

“But you can not be sure.” Anna said sadly. “You may lose all of your human emotions.”

“I don’t think that will happen.” Casey said softly. “I am Ingredior Utriusque, I walk in two worlds. But the Healer blood that runs through me is strong. It’s hard for me to explain but His Excellence made reference to the chance that if mom gave birth to a child who was also Ingredior Utriusque it would be a new hope for the Healer world.”

“New hope?” Gerard thought a moment then added, “You mean like you could bring balance to the force?”

Anna glared at him not finding any humor in the situation however Casey laughed. “I always remembered how much you liked Star Wars.” She mused. “I’m not sure what exactly he meant but Mom said it sounded to her like I could be an important part of a new direction for the Healer world.”

Marcus, who had not heard this before, gently caressed her cheek. “I know how special you are.”

Casey looked into his eyes. She was hearing his thoughts, feeling his emotions strongly. Again she leaned over and their lips met.

Anna was so concerned about this sudden announcement by Casey that she felt she needed to talk to the woman alone, away from Marcus. “Casey, you must be hungry. Come, the kitchen is always well stocked for the blood bounds.”

Casey smiled. “I am sorta hungry.”

Marcus sighed sadly, “I’m sorry I didn’t even realize you haven’t eaten since this morning.”

“It’s okay.” She grinned. “I haven’t even thought about food until now.” Again their eyes locked.

Anna quickly slid off Gerard’s lap and walked towards the couple. This was all happening too fast and she felt it was time to make sure Casey was truly making the correct choices.

_______________________________________________

As soon as Anna and Casey left the room Marcus got up and walked over to the French doors. He pulled them open then walked out onto the balcony knowing Gerard would follow him. He was leaning on the railing looking out towards the ocean when Gerard spoke.

“Uh, so.” Gerard didn’t want to anger the Pure but he had questions just as Anna did. “Must be pretty weird having her hear your thoughts.”

Marcus sighed, “You have no idea but having her actually be able to feel my emotions is harder.” He glanced over at Gerard. “So why don’t you just come right out and say what you want?”

Gerard smiled, “Cause I’m trying not to piss you off.”

“Gerard, I have always tried to control my anger towards you and Annabelle.”

Gerard nodded, “Yeah, you have. You’ve been very good to us.”

“Because you both belong to me and I’m very fond of you.” Marcus said softly.

“We feel the same way towards you.” Gerard said honestly.

Marcus shook his head. “Yeah well Anna isn’t feeling very fond of me right now. She’s just sure I’m pushing Casey into this.”

Gerard leaned against the railing also. “But you’re not.”

“No, I’m not.” Marcus said slowly. “Believe me I am still trying to process all of this. Yeah, she had mentioned being turned but this talk of being some new hope for the Healer world shocked the hell out of me. I just wish Christa had shared with me the details of her talk with His Excellence.”

Gerard looked out towards the ocean as he spoke. “You still miss her, don’t you?"

“My bond with the Ingredior Utriusque was so deep.” Marcus said sadly. “You have no idea how much I still feel the loss.”

“And now you’re bonded to another Ingredior Utriusque, her daughter.”

Marcus stared at him. “You think I’m just drawn to Casey because she’s Christa’s daughter?” There was a definite challenge in his words.

Gerard shook his head. “Didn’t say that.”

“But that’s what you’re wondering, isn’t it?”

“Look.” Gerard said slowly choosing his words carefully. “She’s not just Christa’s daughter, she’s Ray’s daughter too. He was one of my best friends.”

Marcus tilted his head. “Oh. So your concern for Casey comes from that fact?”

“Yeah, I guess it does. You have to remember the last time I saw Casey is was a troubled young girl. Seeing her now, well it just brought back a lot of memories for me.”

“You two and your emotions.” Marcus said shaking his head. When he looked into Gerard’s eyes he stopped. “Sorry. Sometimes you and Anna just confuse the shit out of me with those emotions. I’m sorry you still miss your friend.”

Gerard smiled sadly. “I know Anna and I try your patience.”

“Yes you both do.” He added softly, “Just as I’m sure I try yours. However the fact remains you and Anna are both mine.”

“And you love us.” Gerard said knowing it was the truth.

“Love.” Marcus sighed, “Yeah, a Pure loves those bound to them.”

Talking out his pack of cigarettes Gerard lit one giving himself time to think.

Again Marcus sighed, “Just say what you are thinking.”

“Well it just seems to me that you had some kind of feeling towards Casey for quite a while now.”

“Why would you say that?”

Gerard took a deep drag then spoke. “Dude, you admitted you’ve been watching over her for years."

“I promised I would.’ He reminded him. “And she’s the daughter of one I was bound to.”

Gerard grinned. “That’s true but …” He stopped when he was Marcus was glaring at him.

“But what?”

“Well, I think you’ve wanted to interact with her for a long time but you didn’t. I’m just trying to figure out why.” Gerard answered.

Anger was Marcus’s first response but when he looked into Gerard’s eyes he could see they were filled with concern. “Yeah, I wanted to. Often she seemed so alone.”

“So why didn’t you?”

Marcus turned his gaze back towards the ocean still shrouded in rain. “I’m not sure. The first time I saw her was at the funeral. She was so sad, so lost..” In his mind he was recalling that day. “And then for a brief moment our eyes met.”

“And you felt something"’ Gerard said softly.

“Yeah, I felt something. Something I didn’t understand.” Marcus said frowning.

Gerard smiled, “And now here we are. You are blood bound to her and she’s really messing with your head.”

Marcus turned to glare at him.

“Hey, you said to say what I thought.’ Gerard reminded him quickly.

“She is not messing with my head.” Marcus answered.

“Oh shit, Marcus. Yeah, she is. Oh fuck when she patted you on the leg to calm you down I almost fuckin’ lost it.”

Marcus’s eyes flashed with anger. “You do not need to point out that she does not respect the fact I’m a Pure.”

Gerard reached out to gently touch his arm. “That ain’t it. She understand what you are but she embraces it.”

His anger faded, “But I fear Anna is right. Casey doesn’t understand how different our worlds are. And her wish to be turned…” He paused a moment then spoke the truth that was so difficult for him to admit, “That frightens me.”

Gerard was deeply touched by Marcus’s honestly. “Because you fear when she does realize the difference she won’t want to be a part of our world.”

Marcus nodded, “And if that happens I will release her from our bond.” He turned away, “And I don’t want to lose her.”

____________________________________________

One of the blood bounds fixed Casey a sandwich then poured her a soda.

“Come let us go out to the covered veranda.” Anna said wanting to speak to Casey away from the ears of those around them.

Casey nodded, picked up her plate and glass then followed Anna.

Once they were seated Anna spoke. “I hope you understand that I truly am happy I have been given this opportunity to see you again.”

Swallowing a bit of sandwich Casey took a drink then spoke. “I’m so happy to see you and Gerard again too.”

“Casey.” Anna wasn’t sure where to begin. “I know you said Christa struggled with the decision to tell you about our world.”

Casey nodded, “Yes, she did. But she and Aunt Claire discussed it and decided it was the right thing to do. Mom was sure I was like her so she thought it was right I knew why I felt so different from everyone else." She sighed, “I don’t know if you remember what I was like before you went away?”

Anna nodded, “Very troubled.”

“Troubled is putting it nicely. I was always acting out. I was only twelve at the time but I was already smoking and drinking. God, I’m so sorry now for all the heartache I caused mom and dad.”

Anna reached across the table to touch her hand. “They loved you very much.”

Casey sighed, “I know. That was the only thing in my life I was sure of. But there were just so many things that I didn’t understand. I knew there was so much more, so many things that most people never could see. When you and Gerard left us was the first time I think mom began to understand without a doubt I was like her. I just kept saying that I knew you and Gerard were okay.”

Anna was surprised, “You knew?”

Casey nodded, “Oh yes, I could just feel that you and Gerard were okay. I never believed you had died. But still mom waited to tell me the truth.”

“And she told you shortly before she died?”

“Yes, a few months before the accident. When she did it was like a weigh was lifted off my soul. Suddenly the world made sense to me. She told me everything she knew about the Healers. So did Aunt Claire.” Casey smiled sadly, “They both loved you so much.”

“I loved them.” Anna said softly, “I still do. You see for me that love will never fade. But I am not like other Healers.”

“And neither is Gerard.” Casey said softly. “That is what makes you both so special.”

“That is what makes us wrong in the eyes of our world.”

Casey took another sip of soda. “Mom told me that Gerard retained all his human emotions.”

“Yes, all of them. I however did not.” Anna said sadly.

“And that upsets you.” Casey said knowing it was the truth.

Anna did not want to discuss this. Instead she steered the subject in another direction. “I wish to talk to you about this idea you have about becoming a Healer.”

Casey understood what Anna was doing and she wasn’t ready to let it go. “Anna, I think all of your human emotions are still there. I believe the Healer blood tries to make you forget them but I think they are still there.”

Anna gave her a shocked look, “You do not understand.”

“I think I understand more than you know.” Casey said softly. “What mom was told by His Excellence makes me believe that.”

Anna was alarmed. “What?”

Before Casey could answer Marcus appeared. “Come, Casey. I am going to take you to my room.”

Anna glanced at Marcus. “What is happening?"

He moved closer to the table. “Jonathan must be entertained.” The look he gave Anna made it clear there was an underlining meaning to his words.

Anna sighed, “Of course.”

Casey was watching the exchange between them. “What’s going on?”

“Nothing for you to worry about.” Marcus said reaching out for her arm. “Come.”

Must to his surprise Casey pulled her arm away. “I want to know why I’m being banished to your room.”

“No one is banishing you.” Marcus sighed.

“Then tell me what is going on?”

Anna stared at Marcus waiting for the Pure to take control of the situation.

“Jonathan is a guest in my home.” Marcus explained. “As so it is my duty to see he is entertained.”

A look of understanding crossed Casey’s face. “Oh.”

Marcus nodded, “Yes, so I’m going to take you to my room.”

“Where I’ll be out of the way.’ Casey said staring into his eyes.

Anna spoke up. “Casey he is protecting you.”

“Protecting me from part of the Healer world." Casey frowned. “Right?”

“Believe me you do not want to see this part of our world.” Anna said softly.

Marcus’s anger flared. “Annabelle will you ever get over this hatred of who we are?”

Anna squared her shoulders. “It is part of our world I accept. Is that not good enough?”

Casey spoke causing them both to turn to her. “Marcus, I don’t want to go to your room. As your blood bound I want to be part of this.”

“Casey, no.” Anna whispered.

Marcus’s eye flashed topaz with anger and something more. “Maybe she’s right Anna.” He said “This will be her first opportunity to see another aspect of our world.” He turned to Anna. “Prepare for the party.”

Anna knew there was no reason at this point to try to change his mind.

When she had gone back inside the house Marcus turned to Casey. “You will want to prepare also.”

Now that this was really going to happen Casey was nervous. “How do I do that?”

Marcus tried to ignore her uneasiness. In his mind he had decided this was for the best. Casey needed to see that being a Healer truly meant. She needed to see how true Healers lived. “You’ll want to change. Wear something revealing.”

Casey’s eyes grew wide. “Why? You’ve already decided I will only watch, not take part.”

Marcus realized she was listening to his thoughts. “That’s true but all my female blood bounds dress in revealing clothing for parties." He purposely wanted to make her understand he had several women on this island bond to him.

She nodded then stood.

Marcus took her arm. “Casey, you will do nothing but watch.”

“I know you won’t share me.’ She whispered.

“Are you so sure?” He asked. The fact that she was in his head angered his Pure blood.

She smiled, “Yes, I am sure. And I know you hate that I know that.”
Sign up to rate and review this story