Categories > Celebrities > My Chemical Romance > Hot & Cold 2

Chapter 5

by MCR_Vampire_321 1 review

Lucy & Hollie go over to Gerard & Mikey's...

Category: My Chemical Romance - Rating: PG - Genres: Drama,Romance - Characters: Gerard Way,Mikey Way - Warnings: [!] - Published: 2011-08-04 - Updated: 2011-08-04 - 2230 words - Complete

1Original
Chloe’s POV…
“Ray, tell us who the fuck you fancy!” I yelled at him “It would help if you-“
“Okay, fine, I fancy Emily!” Ray shouted at her.
I sat back thinking about this. Then I asked “Who’s Emily?”
“You don’t know who Emily is?” I shook my head “You know who she is, right Hollie?”
“No clue.” Hollie told him.
Ray sighed heavily “See it makes no difference if I tell you.”
“You could’ve said that an hour ago.” Hollie said through gritted teeth “Now then… What exactly are we supposed to do?”
“We could start by dying your hair,” I said thoughtfully “It’ll grab her attention. How long have you had that brown afro?”
“You know, since I was born…”
“You came out with an afro?” Hollie asked happily. She’s had an obsession with afros even before we came to America. I’ll never know why…
Ray shook his head, looking at her like she was weird “What colour do you reckon I should dye it?”
“Maybe that’s a bit extreme,” Hollie said quickly “Have you ever tried straightening your hair?”
“No…”
I smiled “That’s what you should do! Straighten it and see if she says anything. If she doesn’t notice it then we’ll dye it black! And if she still doesn’t notice then you’ll straighten it again so you’ll have black straightened hair. And if she still doesn’t notice then I’ll go over to her and slap her for being ignorant.”
“You don’t even know who she is,” Ray reminded her “What if you slapped the wrong person?”
“Then I slap the wrong person. Big deal!”
“Chloe, you won’t be slapping anyone.” Hollie said firmly “I think maybe we should see what it looks like straight. If it doesn’t look good then we won’t bother.”
“I’ll get my straighteners!” I skipped into my room and skipped back with them. I plugged them in and when they were hot, I signalled for Ray to come over.
He came over timidly “Are you sure about this?”
“If it doesn’t look right then just go home and put it under the shower.” Hollie shrugged “What do you think it’s gonna do, burn all your hair off?”
“It could!” Ray complained “Chloe, are you-“
“Am I sure? Yes, I am. Now come here!”
Finally Ray came over and sat down on one of the stools in Hollies room. I put the straighteners in his hair and watched him wince “Oh man up you wuss!”
“So Ray, what’s this Emily girl into?”
“I don’t know. I’ve never talked to her.”
“Oh for crying out loud!” I sighed “Hollie, why’d you sign us up for this?”
She glared at me before saying “We just have more work than we thought we did, okay?”
I moaned that it wasn’t fair and that maybe I had better things to do while Ray blushed bright red. “Chloe…” Hollie warned “Be polite.”
“Fine. Sorry Ray, I want to help you really.” I told him “I mean it, I really do. It takes my mind off a lot of things, trying to sort out your love life.”
“I’m not a charity case you know.” Ray told us firmly “If you want, I can handle myself.”
Me and Hollie glanced at each other before bursting out laughing “Good one Ray!” I laughed, patting him on the back. “Here, I’m done with your hair.”
We all stared at him. “Well,” Hollie was the first to speak “You certainly look different.”
“I look weird.” Ray said sadly.
I shook my head “I think it’d look better black and straight but it doesn’t look too bad like this. And you can trust me, I’m totally stylish.”
“You’re not totally stylish!” Hollie told me “If you were totally stylish then you’d wear clothes that were actually in style. Instead of going round looking like a vampire.”
“You dress similar to me!”
“Yes but I don’t claim to be stylish!”
“Girls!” Ray interrupted, causing me and Hollie to randomly giggle. “Okay, I’ll come to school like this on Monday. Alright?”
“Yeah fine.” I replied, starting to straighten my own hair.
“Why are you straightening your hair?” Hollie asked me.
I shrugged “I’m bored!”

Lucy’s POV…
“What was wrong with you yesterday?” Chloe asked, walking into my bedroom at like nine in the morning.
She was awake too early. Too early for Chloe and too early for my liking. “I don’t know what you’re talking about.”
“You were looking forward to that Smashing Pumpkins concert,” Chloe told me “Then suddenly you didn’t want to?”
“Becca’s going now.”
“Becca hates rock music just as much as you do!”
“I don’t care, I’m not going. Okay?”
“Lucy-“
“Chloe, I can look after myself. Just leave me alone alright?”
“Fine,” Chloe huffed, getting off my bed and walking back to the door “But something’s wrong…” she told me in a sing song voice.
I rolled over to face the wall. I hated lying to Chloe, Gerard and everybody else but I had no choice. I couldn’t tell anybody otherwise Gerard would know all the mean things I’d written about him in my diary. Who would tell him? Becca.
I’d wondered why she left my house so quickly the other night. She’d found my diary, ran home and read it. She read all the mean things I’d said about everybody and now she was blackmailing me. I don’t know why she’s so desperate to go see Smashing Pumpkins on Thursday because she hates rock music just as much as me. Chloe’s right, I was looking forward to it. And now I feel like I’ve really let Gerard down. But what else can I do? Gerard would break up with me if he read all the mean things I’d written.
I know I could just say I’d written it in the past, back when I was pretending not to like him. But Becca had scribbled in new dates, really recent dates. I could still deny it but even it did look really convincing. And would I believe Gerard if there was evidence right in front of me? I probably wouldn’t.
So now what? I’m just going to have to let Becca keep blackmailing me and blackmailing me until… Until what!?
My phone beeped so I sat up and looked at my phone. Gerard was trying to phone me.
Sighing, I answered it “What is it?”
“Good morning to you too.”
“Sorry, sorry, it’s first thing in the morning. What do you expect?”
“I always had you down as a morning person.”
“I do apologise…”
“Okay, okay. I was wondering if you wanted to come over to my house?”
I sat up “I’m sorry I’m being so grumpy. Yeah, I’d love to come over.”
“Okay so I’ll see you around twelve?”
“Alright, I’ll get dressed now.” I hung up the phone and rolled out of bed. I pulled on my football tee-shirt, blue jeans, JLS hoodie and red converse. Then I went downstairs for breakfast.
Chloe and Hollie were in the kitchen. Chloe was munching on some toast and Hollie was looking through the cupboards “Where’s the cereal?” Hollie demanded to know.
Chloe shrugged “I think Ray ate it all.”
“Why would Ray eat it all?”
“Well last night after we straightened his hair, you went out to the shop to get milk remember? Then Ray and me got hungry…”
“So you ate all the cereal too! Wait, you ate cereal without milk?”
“Yeah, what’s wrong with that?”
“Cereal without milk is like-“
“Hollie, we’re out of cereal!” I laughed, walking into the kitchen “Just have toast.”
“I don’t like toast…”
“Yeah you do!”
“Not first thing in the morning!”
“What are you doing today?” Chloe asked me.
“Going over to Gerard’s house. You?”
“I’m probably gonna go over to Ray’s.” Chloe said “I’m gonna teach him the best ways to flirt.”
“What about you Hollie?”
“Going over to Mikey’s. We can walk together if you want?”
“Okay!”
Halfway through breakfast I got a text off Becca asking me what I was doing today. I text back that I was going over to Gerard’s and she text back insisting that she wanted to come too. So I had to reply with his address and then I had to text Gerard to say that Becca was coming over too.
Why does she wanna go to Gerard’s house with me?

Hollies POV…
Later at Mikey’s house, me, Mikey, Gerard and Lucy were all watching Paranormal Activity in the living room when the doorbell suddenly rang. Gerard got up to answer it and returned with Becca. I glanced at her then pulled out my phone and typed in a message ‘Why is she here?’
I showed it quickly to Mikey. We were sitting on one sofa while Gerard, Lucy and now Becca were sitting on the other one. Mikey shrugged and continued to watch the film. I wondered why she was here to myself for a while when suddenly the film grabbed my attention again.
Once it was over, Gerard and Lucy said they wanted to go up to his room for a while. They were up there for about two minutes before Becca got up and insisted she needed to use the bathroom.
When she was gone, I turned to Mikey and said “I don’t think she needs to use the bathroom.”
“Why?”
“I think she wanted to go upstairs and hang round with Gerard and Lucy.”
“But I thought they made it clear that they wanted to be alone?”
“I know but I don’t think Becca cares.”
“Well why do you think she’s so desperate to hang round with them?”
“I don’t know…”
“Maybe she has a crush on him?”
“She also has a crush on Justin Bieber,” I told him “Why would she like Gerard?”
“You like James from Big Time Rush…”
“Shut up!” I laughed “He’s cute!”
“No comment.”
Someone came clattering down the stairs, opened the door and then ran outside. “One second…” I told him, leaping up from the sofa and running to the door.
Whoever had left the house had left it slightly open. I walked quietly outside and saw two people standing behind the bushes.
I bent down so that they couldn’t see me and started listening.
It was Becca and Lucy “Maybe you should just go home?” Becca suggested “Unless of course you want me to tell him?”
“He’ll start knowing something is up if I never see him!”
“I don’t care!”
“You’ve already got him on Thursday for the Smashing Pumpkins concert which I really wanted to go to! Why do you want to hang round with Gerard so much anyway?”
“Because he’s cute!”
“He’s my boyfriend! And I happen to know that he really likes me!”
“He won’t really like you when he reads this…”
“I thought we were friends!”
“You thought wrong.”
“Why are you only being mean to me and not Hollie or Chloe?”
“Their boyfriends aren’t cute and anyway, I like them more than you.”
“What did I ever do to you?”
“You wouldn’t know! I’m going back inside now. Maybe you should skip on home.”
I quickly got up and ran into the house. Mikey looked up at me as I walked in “Oh you’re back.”
“I never exactly left…”
“Where were you then?”
“Outside on your porch. Something weird happened.”
“What was it?”
I sat down next to him “Promise you won’t tell anyone?”
“Not even Gerard?”
“Especially not Gerard!” I told him “I’m not supposed to know I just kind of overheard it…”
“Okay, okay, I promise I won’t tell anyone!”
“Okay…” I told him everything I’d heard on the porch “I think that Becca is the one who stole Lucy’s diary.”
“She could just tell him it was in the past?”
“Would you believe her?” I asked “Especially after the whole breaking us up thing?”
“I don’t know, she really likes him.”
“I know but she’s too scared.”
“What are you gonna go do?”
“What can I do?”
“You could talk to Lucy about it?”
“She’d deny it.”
“Why?”
I put my hands on his shoulders and shook him as I said “Because Becca will tell if she knows anyone knows!”
“But if Lucy doesn’t tell her-“
“From what I’ve learnt, Becca is eviiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiil!” I said “She’d find out!”
“Okay, stop being overdramatic!” He took my hands off his shoulders “And quit shaking me.”
“I need to do something.” I rested my head on his shoulder “Come on, what can I do?”
“Look, just try talking to Lucy. It’s worth a try.”
“Okay.” I paused before saying “But if it doesn’t work then it’s on you.”
“And if it does work then I get my jacket back!”
“Yeah… No promises…”
Sign up to rate and review this story