Categories > Celebrities > My Chemical Romance

I Hate Everything About You

by Beautythatimfaking 0 reviews

"What will you ever become?" [One Shot]

Category: My Chemical Romance - Rating: G - Genres: Angst,Drama - Characters: Gerard Way - Published: 2011-08-04 - Updated: 2011-08-05 - 391 words - Complete

0Unrated
He hated the mirror. Mirrors were incapable of lying; they told the truth, regardless of what you wanted to hear. Gerard couldn’t help but look though; it was at the worst possible place. The mirror was right next to his door. He had to look each time he left his room, and that is why he seldom left it.

It was time though; he had to go out. It was time for school and the bus would be there any minute. His heart started to race. “You can’t look.” Gerard thought. “It’s quite possible to leave your room without looking at it. It is; people do it all the time.” He tried to shrug it off. The thoughts were not reassuring, but he got to his feet and continued towards his door.

“Don’t look. Don’t look.” He thought to himself. The urge was too great though; he glanced at his reflection in passing. Too late.

Gerard was sucked in. His eyes wandered over his reflection: the roundness of his face, his dark messy unkempt hair, and his plump body. “What will you ever become?” He jumped at the voice and saw his reflection staring back at him. A small smirk was on his reflection’s face. “I mean, look at you. Do you have any real talent?”

“I can draw and I can sing.” Gerard said. There was no confidence in his answer.

His reflection scoffed. “As if that would get you actually anywhere, what can that contribute to anything? It can’t and it won’t.”

“That’s not important anyway. As long as I have my family and friends—”

“That’s funny. You have no friends, remember? And what have you ever done to make your family proud? Nothing, nothing at all. I’m sure your family is at wits end, trying to cope with your dreams that will never come true. Let’s just face it your a little fat boy from New Jersey and nobody really cares. You will die alone because you are nothing and you will continue to be nothing.”

Gerard heard the sound of his bus coming around the corner; he looked at his reflection one last time. “It’s good to know. Goodbye.” He said in a quiet tone because he knew it was true. Mirrors never lie.
Sign up to rate and review this story