Categories > Original > Romance > As Well as Beauty.

As Well as Beauty.

by burning-black 0 reviews

Lily is taken from her lover Julian, by a very power-hungry king.

Category: Romance - Rating: R - Genres: Romance - Warnings: [V] - Published: 2011-08-05 - Updated: 2011-08-05 - 685 words

0Unrated
The heavy wooden and brass doors flew open. Cheers and praises follow as the king and his new queen walk through the golden archway. His black hair is styled perfectly, his crown immaculately adorned with jewels. He is everything a king should be; smart, eager, controlling. But his queen, a young blond girl of twenty; timid and defenseless does not love him. Though she walks by his side as her land's new queen, no joy fills her heart. Steadily they proceed down the stairs. He is glowing, basking in the attention the crowd is giving him. At the platform that marks the halfway point, between the stairs they stop.

"Gentlemen and ladies, I would like to thank you for attending our ball this evening." Clanks of goblets smacking together and men's drunken cheers rose into the air. "At last my noble gentlemen, I give you your queen. Queen Lilith!" His voice rises as he speaks her name. The crowd of wealth men and beautiful women cheer louder than before. Lily only breathes slowly, nothing of the outside world registering with her. Noel smiled at her. A creepy, knowing smile of how their first night in the marital bed will play out. "Do not worry my queen, they welcome you with open arms." He bowed to her, and took her hand, leading her down the remaining stairs and onto the ballroom floor.

Gasps of jealously followed as they waltzed. Lily would have traded places with any of the ladies in the room, for they were not bound to a loveless marriage while in love with another. As they spun Lily took notice of all the women around her. Though these women were beautiful in their jewels and elegantly crafted dresses, but she out shined them all. By no means was her dress plain; though if it were she would be just as beautiful. Diamonds lined the bodice, flowing all the way down the sides, sparkling like morning dew. The dress, a dark blue, made her stand out in the seat of reds purples, and yellows.

Ending the dance he pressed his body close to hers. To the surrounding crowd the looked much like a couple in love, sharing a secret, but in actuality threats stained his lips. "I have things to attend to upstairs...but do not fret my darling I shall return to make you mine." He nipped her earlobe, making her gasp and back away. He smirked at her, taking her hand, bowed then lightly kissed her small hand. Waving to his Captain Russell, they took the stairs two at a time, ascending into the darkness.

No one in the crowded ballroom seemed to notice that their king had gone, all were too busy drinking and flirting. Lily retreated to a bench in the corner never feeling more alone. A waiter seemingly appearing out of no where, handed her a goblet of wine then leaned to whisper,
"You look like you might need it. I'm very sorry." She smiled at him and sipped the sweet tasting liquor.

Closing her eyes she lent her head against the wall not caring if the long unnatural curls they'd made her adorn became crinkled. Her mind wandered back to Julian. Though she knew it was dangerous, the love in her heart could not be contained. She dreamt of his curly hair brushing against her face when they danced. His warm hands cupping hers as they sat and looked up at the full moon. His brown eyes boring deep into her own sky blue ones, as her whispered, "I love you." from above her.

Tears brimmed on the rims of her eyes. He couldn't be dead. After all the months they'd spent together, the chance meeting with Noel couldn't have changed all that. Burning hate flamed in her as the sickly thought of Noel entered her head. How she despised him, there was no one in the world that she would rather see dead. Focusing back on her surroundings she never imagined this type of lifestyle without Julian. After all he was the one that brought her into it.
Sign up to rate and review this story