Categories > Celebrities > My Chemical Romance > Here I go again...

Chapter 10: Brief skin contact can lead to unexpected butterflies

by TheatreGeek 1 review

A simple touch can make you feel as if you're skin is on fire,

Category: My Chemical Romance - Rating: G - Genres: Angst,Humor,Romance - Characters: Gerard Way - Published: 2011-08-06 - Updated: 2011-08-07 - 590 words - Complete

1Moving
The journey to the art room together was painful. Everyone seemed to stare at us. I looked at my feet, trying to hide how red I'd gone, my hair falling over my face, Gerard simply looked straight ahead. I ripped open the art room door and closed it behind us. Immediately all the pain and embarrassment in Gerard's face disappeared.
The twenty minutes we had for break passed all too quickly, and once again we were forced to venture back down the corridor. A year nine boy elbowed me in the ribs, shocking me and causing me to stumble and nearly fall. The kid laughed, nudging the other kids around him. Some jeered, some giggled. This was so embarrassing. What had I done to deserve this treatment?
I braced myself for the impact, but it never came. A strong hand grabbed my wrist and pulled me up. I hastily sorted myself out, then looked to see who had helped me. Oh shit. Gerard stood there, still holding on to my wrist. " Tasha, are you okay?" His eyes were wide, looking into mine. He looked worried. I finally managed to force some words out of my mouth which was no doubt, hanging open. " I...yeah...I'm fine. Some little twat elbowed me and I tripped...that's all.." Please don't let me be blushing...please god...don't let me be blushing.
" God, I thought you'd hurt yourself" he still looked worried, but he smiled, letting go of my wrist. " come on, only a few more hours then we can leave this place" My arm flopped back to my side, suddenly lifeless.
I was starting to get really depressed. How much longer could I deal with the constant butterflies, the inability to speak properly when he was with me? Lessons meant nothing to me anymore. I still maintained my nerdy ability to get questions right, but I didn't concentrate properly. Lessons seemed to last forever and every waking moment was taken up by remembering how it felt when he had grabbed my wrist like that, his gentle, artists hands pressed tightly against my skin.
I went looking for Gerard after the final bell,my heavy bag beginning to hurt my shoulder. He'd failed to show up at the front door, so I thought he'd gone to the art room to get something. I went in to find it deserted apart from one year eleven boy adding some final touches to a sculpture he'd been working on. " erm.. hi. You haven't seen Gerard here have you? Black hair, tall.."
" Who? Never heard of him,sorry." He didn't even bother to look up at me. I turned and started thinking. There was nowhere else he would be, he was supposed to meet me by the door as usual. Shit,shit,shit,shit... I left art block and found myself in the quad, the small area of grass and benches separating the art block from the rest of the school. Everywhere was deserted, all pupils had fled as fast as they could when the bell rang. I decided to go left,past the school hall, and round to the back of the school. I reached the area where bikes were supposed to be kept, out of breath, partly from running with a heavy bag, and partly from being seriously worried. I stopped to catch my breath and turned, hearing a tiny noise. I froze. I felt sick. My body went numb. My heart burned in my chest and my hands started shaking uncontrollably. What the fuck...?
Sign up to rate and review this story