Categories > Celebrities > Fall Out Boy > Go Ahead and Burn it Down.

Happier than a Bird with a French Fry

by XxLiveyourlifExX 0 reviews

Category: Fall Out Boy - Rating: PG-13 - Genres:  - Published: 2011-08-08 - Updated: 2011-08-08 - 1084 words - Complete

0Unrated
Happier than a Bird with a French Fry

The next morning, Pete’s alarm went off early. Chris groaned and put a pillow over her head to block out the noise. She felt the bed shift as Pete got out of bed and turned it off. A while later someone was tugging the pillow off her face.

“Hey, starshine,” Pete said. He waited for her eyes to open before he continued. “We’ve got a meeting, so I have to go. I think everyone is coming over after, like at two, ok?” She sleepily nodded her understanding He leaned down and kissed her. “See ya later. Love you.”

“Love you, too,” she mumbled before rolling over and going back to sleep. She woke up again to her phone ringing. “Hello?”

“Hey. It’s Stacy.”

“Hi, Stace.”

“Are you up yet? I’m bored.”

Chris laughed. “Kinda.”

“Well, I’m on my way over. I’ll stop and get coffee, ok?”

“Sounds good.”

“Alright, see you soon.”

Chris laid in bed, watching tv, waking up slowly. Within fifteen minutes, Pete’s home phone was ringing. Remembering she had to buzz Stacy in, she answered.

“I’m here!” Stacy shouted as the elevator doors opened.

“Hey, Stace,” Chris called from the kitchen.

“Morning, babe,” Stacy said, kissing her friend’s cheek.

“Morning.” Chris continued walking to Pete’s room to put away Matty’s sweatshirt without Stacy recognizing int. She called over her shoulder, “How are you?”

“I’m doin alright,” Stacy said, leaning against a counter in the kitchen. When Chris came back in the room, she said, “I got you a mocha frap.”

“My hero,” Chris said hopping up onto the counter and drinking her coffee.

“How was the rest of your night?” Stacy asked.

Chris could feel the blush rising in her cheeks and she fought to keep her composure, looking down at her coffee and saying, “It was fine.”

“Fine?” Stacy asked incredulously.

Chris looked up with a blank face and said, “Fine.”

Stacy started to laugh.

“What?” Chris asked.

“You might as well have ‘Pete and I did it’ written across your forehead.”

“Excuse me?”

“Well, first of all, you’re a lot happier than you were when I saw you yesterday morning. Second, you look like the cat who ate the canary.” In her head, she added and you’re wearing a different boy’s sweatshirt today; she noted Pete’s Midtown hoodie she was ensconced in.

“Well…maybe you’re right…”

Stacy shrieked a little bit, hugging Chris. “Soooooo…how was it?” Chris just raised her
eyebrows at her. “That good, huh?”

Chris smacked her arm, “Shut up.” She pushed herself off the counter and walked into the living room, grinning like an idiot. She collapsed on Pete’s big sectional couch.

Stacy followed her into the room singing, “Pete and Chris, sitting in a tree, K-I-S-S-I-N-G.”

Chris threw a pillow at her. “Shut up and sit down.”

“Touchy.” Stacy flopped down next to her. Chris put her head in Stacy lap. Stacy asked, “What are we watching?”

“Maury?”

“YOU ARE THE FATHER!” Stacy shouted. Chris smiled, knowing this proclamation was her agreement.

They watched a couple of hours of bad daytime television. Then the boys, Becca and Sara showed up. Chris greeted them, “Hey friends.”

*

A few days later, Chris and Pete had dinner with her parents. They left earlier than they would have normally because the next day they had to be up early to start shooting the Dance, Dance video.

Pete and Chris arrived at the same time as everyone else. The boys were taken to wardrobe and make up. They had to shoot the part of the video where the boys were playing their instruments and the crowd was a bunch of contest winning fans.

The girls were sitting in wardrobe waiting for their turn to get ready, when Stacy turned to Chris. “You should cut your hair."

“What?”

“Like in a cute bob with bangs. It’d be like hipster cool.”

“You’d look super cute in short hair,” Becca gushed.

“Ya!” Sara agreed.

“Ya think?” The others nodded. “I’ll think about it. Maybe tomorrow.”

“Or like now,” Stacy pressed.

“Where am I gonna get it cut now?” Chris asked incredulously.

“Um, if you want,” another girl’s voice came, “I can cut it.”

They all turned to see one of the hair and make up artists sitting in her chair. Chris asked, “Really?”

“Sure.”

Chris looked around to her friends who were all urging her on. She shrugged and said,
“Alright. Let’s do it.”

Hours later, it was time to film the story bits. They filmed in order, which was apparently odd, but none of them noticed. The director had Chris open a window and lean out of it and look at nothing about nine hundred times before he deemed it correct. The boys were back in hair and make up transforming into their high school stereotypes.

Someone helped Chris changed and she was already standing on the set when Pete emerged in his dorky beige suit. He grinned when he saw her but didn’t have time to say anything before it was time to shoot the scene. On the second take, Pete said before he stuck her with the pin, “Don’t tell my girlfriend I’m taking some other girl to the dance. She’ll be pissed.”

Chris laughed. “I won’t tell.”

The take was trash, but they were having fun. It didn’t take them many more takes to get it right. The shoot continued. They all coached Patrick in his ridiculously nerdy dancing. Sara got to be a bitchy popular girl. Becca and Andy made out on the bleachers. They all learned Pete’s dance and Stacy got to do it with Pete on camera. Much to Chris’ pleasure, she got to
run into Pete’s arms and kiss him six or seven times.

In the next few weeks the video was edited and they got to see a few different cuts. But instead of releasing it at the end of the summer like originally planned, the record company decided to hold onto it for a while. In addition to being asked to play at the red carpet, the boys were also nominated for the MTV2 award for Sugar and the company didn’t want the new video to distract fans from voting for Sugar for the award.

A/N: you should review =) love, Corri
Sign up to rate and review this story