Categories > Celebrities > My Chemical Romance > Shut Up, Mikey

The Aftermath

by StormVandal 13 reviews

Kind of an epilogue. What happens on Monday.

Category: My Chemical Romance - Rating: PG-13 - Genres: Drama,Humor,Romance - Characters: Frank Iero,Gerard Way,Mikey Way,Ray Toro - Warnings: [?] - Published: 2011-08-08 - Updated: 2011-08-08 - 2044 words - Complete

5Original
A/N: Sorry for the long wait! I got a bit blocked. :/ Anyway, here ya go! Final chapter!

For the first time in, I think, ever, I wake up in the morning on Monday excited to go to school. I mean, it’s not I’m jumping out of bed like, “Gee whiz! Miracle of miracles! It’s Monday and I have to go to school!” But I do, however, get out the door more willingly than usual. I don’t even linger over my laces the way I normally do.

I meet up with Mikey and Gerard at the entrance to the alleyway, purely by coincidence.

No, I swear, it’s purely by coincidence.

I can tell it’s them from a mile away and I grin, speeding up. They still haven’t noticed me by the time I catch up, so I run forwards and jump on Gerard’s back. He yelps and Mikey bursts out laughing. After a second, Gerard gives in and laughs too.

“Frankie!” he whines playfully. “Get off me!”

“But Gee, I want a piggyback ride!” I pout. “Pleeease?”

“Oh my God,” Mikey mutters under his breath.

“I can’t say hello to you properly if you’re on my goddamn back,” Gerard says.

Mikey rolls his eyes.

“Sure you can,” I say. “Just turn your head, dumbass.”

He obliges and I lean over and give him a peck on the lips. “There. See?”

He sighs, but the corners of his mouth twitch up into a grin. “That’ll do, I suppose.”

Mikey snorts. “That’ll do? Gerard, in case you haven’t noticed, his junk is pressed against your back.”

“Shut up, Mikey,” we say in unison.

“Jinx!” I shout gleefully. Mikey rolls his eyes again, but I can tell he’s not actually annoyed with us or anything. If he were annoyed with us he’d be ignoring us. He may be slightly exasperated by us, but he always is, so it’s okay.

“Mmm mm mm mm mm,” Gerard mumbles.

“Gerard, Gerard, Gerard!” I chant, because I’m a nice boyfriend.

“Aww, thanks Frankie!” he says cheerfully. He shakes me off his back and wraps me in his arms before I can jump on again. I scowl jokingly.

“Wow, no need to look so grumpy!” he says, kissing my forehead.

Mikey groans. We both look over to see him pulling a paper bag out of his backpack.

“Whatcha got there, Mikey?” Gerard asks.

He looks up, smirking. “Barf bag.”

Gerard rolls his eyes. “Really?”

I stick my tongue out at Mikey and his smirk widens. “But come to think of it, I don’t think I’ll need it right now. You guys gotta stop being all cutesy for a while. We’re probably going to run into Ray and you don’t want the plan to be ruined, do you?”

*

As it turns out, we do run into Ray, so Gerard and I have to go the rest of the way to school pretending to be incredibly pissed off at each other. It’s rather difficult, but we pull it off.

We get to school and split up like we always do, although Ray gives me and Gerard some concerned looks, whispering to Mikey, “I dunno, if we leave them alone, they might kill each other.”

“Nah, they’ll be fine,” he says back, leading Ray down the hall to their lockers.

“Thank fuck,” Gerard says as soon as Ray is out of earshot. He grins. “If I’d had to keep my hands off you for one more minute-”

“All hell would’ve broken loose?”

“Quite possibly.” He blinks innocently and I laugh, taking his hand and starting down the hallway. We get a few strange looks, but I don’t care. It doesn’t seem like Gerard does either, but then a worried look comes across his face; he stops walking and says, “Frank? Zach’s probably around here somewhere. Maybe we shouldn’t be...” He gestures towards our intertwined fingers.

“Are you kidding?” I exclaim cheerfully. “I’m going to slap him in the face with this!”

He hesitates, but then laughs. “If you’re sure...”

“I’m positive.”

Of course, speak of the devil and the devil shall appear. We turn the corner and there’s Zach, lounging against one of the lockers down the hall. He smirks evilly when he sees me. However, the smirk slowly starts to slide off his face when he sees Gerard, then it disappears altogether when he sees our hands.

“Hey asshole!” I shout at him. “Thanks for setting me up!”

“What the fuck?” he asks, trying to regain some composure and hitch the smirk back on. He kind of has this please-don’t-let-this-be-what-I-think-it-is look on his face.

I roll my eyes at him and kiss Gerard. Oh yeah. It’s exactly what you think it is.

When I pull away, Zach’s gobsmacked expression almost makes me burst out laughing. He actually looks like he’s just been slapped around the face. When I think about it, I realize that he looks similar to the way he did when I punched him on Friday.

But then I look at Gerard and frown. He’s staring at Zach with a somewhat murderous look on his face. Before I have a chance to react or stop him, he storms over to Zach.

“Listen up, fuckhead,” he says in a low, dangerous voice. “You touch him again and I will personally beat the living shit out of you, understand?”

Zach, to my surprise, looks terrified. He nods quickly. Gerard gives him one last glare and stalks back to me.

I’m at a total loss for words.

“Uh... that was pretty impressive,” I eventually come up with. He relaxes and smiles.

“Yes, I thought so too,” he says, taking my hand again. “I mean, I know you can handle yourself, but...”

“You’re an overprotective idiot?”

“Hey!”

“I’m kidding! Besides, I’m an overprotective idiot too,” I smile.

We put our stuff in our lockers and split up to go to class.

*

“Okay, so you know the plan, right?” Mikey whispers to me outside the doors to the cafeteria.

“Yup,” I whisper back. “Don’t worry, I got this.”

We push the door open and walk over to our table. Gerard looks up first and I sneak a wink at him. He manages to sneak a wink back before Ray looks up. We both immediately scowl at each other and he sighs.

“Here we go,” he mutters.

Mikey snags the seat next to Ray, forcing me to sit next to Gerard. In reality, I have no problem with this, but, in accordance with the plan, I give Mikey a death glare and throw myself into the chair.

Fifteen minutes go by with Gerard and me pretending to be really pissed off at each other, and I’m starting to worry that Ray’s not going to say anything. But finally, after Gerard glares particularly angrily at me, he bursts out, “Oh my God, can you guys please just... kiss and make up already?”

I restrain a laugh because he could not have chosen a better expression.

Gerard turns and glares at me. I glare at him. Then, without changing facial expression, he shifts his chair over, wraps his arms around my waist and kisses me. I respond enthusiastically because I’ve been waiting to do this for hours. However, we’re careful to keep it short, because we don’t want to scar Ray too much.

When we let go of each other, we go right back to glaring.

Ray’s eyes are very, very wide.

“What the fuck just happened?” he asks shakily.

That does it. Gerard, Mikey and I all burst out laughing, adding to Ray’s confusion.

“The... look... on... your... face!” Gerard chokes out.

“You fell for it! You totally fell for it! You actually thought we were mad at each other!” I exclaim, slumping over the table with laughter.

“You... you mean you’re not?”

Poor Ray. He’s totally bewildered.

Mikey pats him on the back. “They sorted it all out on Friday. I’ve been putting up with that shit for the past two days. Minus the glaring.”

A look of understanding comes over his face. “You evil motherfuckers! You tricked me!”

“That we did,” Gerard says smugly.

“Mostly worth the sacrifice,” I say, and Gerard nods in agreement.

Ray starts to look amused. “That was actually pretty funny,” he admits. “Could have chosen a better place to do that...”

I’m confused by this. It looks like Gerard is too. But Mikey looks a bit alarmed.

“Shit!” he exclaims. “I didn’t even think of that!”

“Of what?” I ask.

“Zach! He’s probably around here somewhere and he probably saw that! He’s gonna give you shit!”

“No, he’s not,” Gerard says confidently.

“Why not?”

“He’s scared shitless of me, that’s why.”

Mikey stares at him. “Did I miss something?”

Laughing, we relate the story of what had happened earlier to a stunned Ray and Mikey.

“...You should’ve seen his face!” I conclude. “He was practically shitting himself!”

“Wait, let me get this straight,” Ray says. “Within the last week, you two have managed to fight, make up, bare your souls to each other, get together and stop Zach from beating the shit out of Frank?”

“Mikey helped,” I admit.

“Of course I did. I was sick of hearing their bitching. One would always be going on at me about how the other didn’t like them; it was making me fucking crazy.”

“Shut up, Mikey,” says Gerard affectionately.

“So are you guys done pretending to be mad at each other now?” Ray asks hopefully. “Because it was driving me insane.”

“Yeah,” Gerard says, smiling and grabbing my hand. “It was driving me insane too.”

“Just don’t go to the other extreme,” Mikey says.

“What?”

“I think Mikey’s asking you to keep the Public Displays of Affection to a minimum,” Ray smirks.

Gerard sighs. “Do we have to?” he whines.

Mikey rolls his eyes. “Ray and I would rather appreciate it if you’d at least hold off on making out in front of us.”

He pouts. “Fine. God.”

“Fine, I guess I can do that,” I reluctantly agree.

Mikey snorts. “No you can’t. You can barely keep your hands off him for fifteen minutes.”

He has a point.

“Shut up, Mikey.”

*

“What the fuck is this movie even about?”

“I have noooo idea,” Gerard says, giggling and glancing over the top of my head at the rom-com playing on the TV. It had been tuned to this channel when we turned it on and neither of us had been bothered to change it, not even when Gerard’s mom had come in and smiled at the sight of me curled up against his chest before looking at the TV, bursting out laughing and saying, “What are you guys watching?”

I watch the screen for a minute and smirk. “From what I’m gathering, it’s about these friends who like each other but they’re both convinced that the other doesn’t like them and they don’t want to mess up the friendship.”

Gerard smirks too. “Dumb fucks. They need to man the hell up.”

“I know, right?” I shift around in his lap to face him.

“Which makes us dumb fucks, too.”

“Former dumb fucks,” I correct him, leaning my forehead against his.

He chuckles, wrapping his arms tighter around my waist. “Good thing we wised up.”

“Yeah. If we hadn’t, I would be one miserable little motherfucker.”

“But instead, you’re my little motherfucker,” Gerard says seriously.

I roll my eyes. “God, Gee, that is so cheesy.”

“You know you love me.”

“That I do,” I say, giving him a quick peck on the lips.

He grins. “I love you, too.”

I sigh contentedly. This is perfect.

“Oh, well isn’t this just fucking adorable,” comes a familiar semi-sarcastic voice from the doorway. “Where the hell did I put my barf bag?”

I snuggle closer to Gerard, still smiling happily.

“Shut up, Mikey.”
Sign up to rate and review this story