Categories > Celebrities > Fall Out Boy > aa The World's Unfair

Consolation

by drpeterick 0 reviews

aww poor mikey he's been through a lot

Category: Fall Out Boy - Rating: G - Genres:  - Published: 2011-08-09 - Updated: 2011-08-09 - 1226 words

0Unrated
JAKE'S P.O.V

I ran over to the edge and watched her body plummet into the water below us, swallowed by the dark water to rot in her final bed. I was shaking. I dropped to my knees and sobbed. Someone must have called the police because all of a sudden I was being surrounded by men in uniform. My brain clicked off. Everything was in slow motion. Police were asking me what I saw, some were telling me to move, one was asking if I could please tell him what happened. No fucking way. I didn't want to [and couldn't] get up any time soon. I sat in the gravel and cried. What must she have been going through to have driven her to this? I was so angry at life. Why couldn't it have spared her. She didn't do anything wrong. Mikey had collapsed too. I looked round to see him hunched over on the ground pounding his fists into it. In the end, I was picked up by an officer who put a blanket around me and said I had to give them her name so they could release a statement or whatever. I told them and they left me alone.

I was sat on the back of a van. I think it might have been a police van, I don't know. I saw Mikey still in the same place, officers moving around him because he threatened to punch the last one who tried to move him. He was a strong guy, they were probably too scared to touch him. He held his stomach and put his head against the floor, crying so hard. I went over to him, ignoring the bustle around me, and sat next to him. I leant over him and rubbed circles into his back.

Craig and Davey pulled up and pushed through the officers. I looked up at them and said, 'She jumped. She was pregnant.' They sat down facing us and Davy started to cry.
'Can you get a bucket?' I asked Craig. He came back with one and Mikey immediately threw everything up. Poor baby. He'd been through so much it was a wonder he was still around. I kept rubbing his back until he was just throwing up bile, and kissed his head. A medic gave him a towel and a drink then walked away. I think everyone just thought it best to leave us to it.

After an hour or so, the police were starting to clear up and the news teams were starting to go home seeing as the police didn't allow them to film anything. Apparently, when one channel decided to film anyway, one of the officers broke their camera. I was proud of that guy. I would like to shake his hand.

I thought it might be time to get Mikey into the car. I helped him to his feet and he put his arms around Craig and Davy who almost carried him to the car after I'd got it started. I got into the back with Mike and held his hand. Craig drove us home in silence. There wasn't really anything to say. We went up to the rooms in silence. Mikey was leaning on me the whole way. He went to Taylor's room and sat on her bed. He gathered her things up to be ready for when her mother got here. She'd been called by the police to collect her daughter's things. According to the policeman who talked to her, she was the kind of woman he just wanted to reach down the phone and punch her. He said she didn't seem to care that her pregnant seventeen year old daughter committed suicide. I found that easy to believe after what Tay had said on the bridge. Mike had an armful of her clothes, and stuffed them into a bag. After he got all her things together, took a final look round to see if he'd missed anything. I just stood there and watched, nervous of what he'd do if I left him alone. He opened a drawer and froze. He took out a photo frame and collapsed onto the floor. I ran over and looked at the picture. It was a picture of him and her taken at someone's fourth birthday. He was stood next to her in a crowd of kids and parents. I felt my heart rip in two. Not as much as I knew Mikey's would have though. Tears escaped his eyes, and he decided to take the picture back to our room instead of putting it in the bag. We went to our room and slept.

I was woken up at a little after three in the morning by a light escaping the cracked hotel room door. I went into the hallway and found Mikey leant against the wall with a pen in one hand, a phone in his other hand, and a notebook on his lap. He looked up and smiled at me. I can't tell you how happy I was to see him smile. He went back to his writing.
'Honey what are you doing?' I said softly.
'I'm writing a song. It's dedicated to Tay. Actually that's a lie. I've written five. I also called the anti-bullying campaign and told them that 20 percent of whatever we make profit wise is going to them. I called Zack and he said he was ok with it. We're also performing at a few of their campaigns to raise money in October three times, November twice, and December twice. Sorry for not discussing it'
I stood there open mouthed. 'I'm so proud of you' I said. 'Taylor would be so proud, too' He smiled while writing.
'Six' he said.

I snuggled up to him and fell asleep. I woke up to find He'd fallen asleep with his head on top of mine. Someone cleared their throat and I squinted upward to see Patrick stood there.
'Hey man, we heard what happened. I'm really sorry.' he sat down facing me and smiled at me.
'Yeah I appreciate that. It keeps replaying in my mind. I keep thinking I could have stopped her.'
'Wait - you were there?'
'Yeah. We watched it happen.' I said thinking he would have been told this already.
'Oh. Wow. I thought you were here when it happened, I'm so sorry.' He sat next to me and I turned to hug him.
'Um, the rest of the guys will be up here in a minute.' he said, not knowing what to say. I took his hand and we just sat there. I breathed out heavily and Mikey woke up.
'Shit sorry chick, I didn't mean to do that'
'No it's ok, it wasn't you, I was kind of awake anyway.'
'Hey Pat, did you at least hear what Mikey did last night?' I asked remembering what happened.
'No. I'm left out of everything round here' he chuckled.
I told him about the anti bullying thing and the songs he'd written.
'Woah that's great, man!' Patrick exclaimed. 'Have you heard them?' he said to me.
'Nah I bet they're awesome though'
'They're not, it's just some stuff thrown together' I kissed his cheek and he hugged me tight.
Sign up to rate and review this story