Categories > Celebrities > My Chemical Romance

Panic Switch

by Rawrsosaurus 2 reviews

Sort of like MCR meets Zombieland and the game Left 4 Dead, first fanfic

Category: My Chemical Romance - Rating: R - Genres: Drama,Horror - Characters: Frank Iero,Gerard Way,Mikey Way,Ray Toro - Warnings: [V] - Published: 2011-08-09 - Updated: 2011-08-10 - 669 words

1Exciting
This WILL get gory. Really gory. You have been warned.


It had been three months after the first person had become infected. The infection was sort of a freak strain of Mad Cow Disease, except it only occurred in humans. The effect was sort of like rabies, making the inflicted sensitive to light and sound, and extremely aggressive and violent. At this point, it had split into two strains, and one was airborne.

In other words, people were scary as fuck now.

Well, no. They weren’t people anymore. Now I think the more appropriate word would be ‘zombies’. Yeah, that works. Zombies. Everyone was a zombie.

At least, everyone besides me and my friend Ray. He was the only other immune person in my town besides me. Everyone else was infected with the disease.

We were heading west in his car. It was pretty cramped in there, with our food, water bottles, guns, ammunition, and my medical supplies. I had immediately taken on the role of the medic, knowing more about medical treatments and care than Ray. He was the long-distance shooter, thus why he carried around a hunting rifle as well as a pistol. I carried two pistols, one in each thigh holster, as well as a shotgun slung across my back. It was now lying across my knees, pointed at the door in case we got stuck and needed to get out quickly.

The car dinged, signaling it was almost out of gas. Ray swore.

“We’re gonna have to stop at the next gas station,” he said. I nodded and drummed my fingers against the door impatiently and nervously. We were immune to both strains, but if either of us went down in the middle of a swarm we’d be eaten alive. Literally.

We came to a gas station a few miles later, just before leaving the city we were in. Luckily, the gas station appeared to be abandoned, but we always had to make sure. I got a firework out of the car and lit it before throwing it a few dozen feet away. It flared up and brightly colored sparks and flashes flew out of it, accompanied by a series of whistles, crackles and pops. An inhuman shriek filled the air as a trio of humanoid figures ran toward the sound. I grabbed my shotgun as Ray’s gun went off, and the head of one of the zombies suddenly became a fountain of blood as the bullet tore through it, leaving infected, gray-pink brains on the wall behind it.

The last two zombies were almost to the firework now, and I could see their watering, red, swollen eyes and their sickly gray skin. I fired off my shotgun, and the nearer zombie suddenly sprouted blood form its now almost-severed abdomen. It screamed and fell, its disease-weakened body ripping in half. The last zombie was now six feet away, close enough for me to tell that it wasn’t much older than me. I shot again, and this time the top of its head blew away, scattering brain matter left and right. The jaw kept moving a few seconds after the rest of the body fell, and then it was still. I shuddered, remembering the crazed, inhuman look in its eyes before they were ripped away.

I felt bile rise in my throat, but I forced it back down, reminding myself that I had to get used to it. It wasn’t like I hadn’t killed one before, but it wouldn’t be the last. I just couldn’t help but remember that they were once people, not brainless insects or a very sick animal that had to be put down. Someone had loved them, had waited for them to come home… I felt tears come to my eyes as I remembered my mother’s fate.


I know I'm a horrible writer, but part of the reason I posted this was so I can get constructive criticism to help me improve.
Sign up to rate and review this story