Categories > Celebrities > Panic! At The Disco

Ignite

by PartyPoison 1 review

“So, what are we going to blow up?”

Category: Panic! At The Disco - Rating: PG - Genres: Humor - Published: 2011-08-14 - Updated: 2011-08-14 - 929 words - Complete

5Funny
I've got it!" Spencer jumped up, looking amazed at his own brilliance. "I know what we can do today," He turned to the other boy who looked unimpressed and slightly dulled. For the whole morning the two of them had been sitting on Spencer's porch, trying to think if something they could do to pass the time.

"You know those fireworks we used to make when we were younger?" Spencer asked with a giddy smile. Of course they both remembered the nights when they would foolishly make their own fireworks and watch as they blew up. It had been the highlight of many summers before the novelty grew off. Ryan sat up, resting on his elbows as he looked over to Spencer and raised an eyebrow.

"You seriously want to make fireworks? At," Ryan paused to glance at his watch. "Eleven in the morning?" Spencer merely shrugged.

"Well we could do something different, maybe like a bomb or something. Come on! My parents aren't home and no ones around." Ryan looked up to Spencer and shrugged back.

"Sure, let's blow shit up." He agreed, simply because his mind couldn't come up with anything better to do.

"Yes!" Spencer yelled, excited for the events to come. He jumped up and ran to the side of the house, the other boy trailing behind to the back yard. Once inside the shed the boys looked around for supplies.

As Ryan stood there looking around he came up with a valid question and looked to Spencer. "So, what are we going to blow up?" There was a pause where Spencer took a moment to think, his mind working over what they could use.

"I have an old lawnmower we never use anymore, we could use that." He suggested. Ryan nodded, he could definitely work with a lawnmower. He was secretly very excited to make something explode he just wasn't showing Spencer it.

Together they unearthed the old lawn mower from a pile of unused junk in the shed. Finding an old Gatorade bottle they carefully filled it a quarter with gas.

"Spin, you got any of the Piccolo Pete's left?" Ryan asked while twisting tissue down the bottle. Scratching his head Spencer sat for a moment, thinking.

"There might be a couple somewhere in here," he spoke while glancing around at the mess inside the shed. Ryan continued to work with the bottle, fixing it in the lawn mower while Spencer searched through the jungle of junk in the shed. It wasn't long before Spencer came over with a large smile, a firework in hand. They taped it around the top and stood back, admiring their handiwork.

After a discussion of where would be the best place to light it they decided that the front street would be the best. Barely anyone used it in the middle of the day and that way there weren't many things that would catch on fire, so they thought. They pushed the lawn mower to the middle of the street, looking down both ways and seeing no oncoming cars for miles. It was decided that Spencer would have the honours of lighting it, seeing as how it had been his idea. Ryan sat on the stairs of the porch, watching Spencer light the wick and quickly scamper back to him. It didn't take long before the lawn mower blew up, the boys smiling childishly with glee at the explosion. The thing went flying across the road, landing at the bottom of a power box.

"Oh shit," Spencer swore. The fire had started burning, crawling up the side of the power box. The boys stared wide-eyed at the flames. A motion to the side caught Spencer's eyes and he saw the women, who he was pretty sure was a stripper that lived next door come out of her house.

"What the fuck's going on?" she yelled, looking from the burning power box to the boys. Both opened their mouths but nothing came out, there was no explanation for what they had just done. The lady stormed over to the side of her house and grabbed her hose, turning it on and spraying it on the fire. All it managed to do was make the fire spread, Ryan and Spencer stared at her from afar in shock as the situation became worse. The lady soon grew tired and realised her attempts were futile, throwing down the hose and storming back into her house. Ryan put his hands to his head, grasping his hair as he tensed, not knowing how to fix this. Spencer didn't seem to have suggestions and so they just sat on the porch, watching as the fire burned on.

When it finally burned out Spencer and Ryan cautiously approached the scorched lawn mower. Not knowing what to do next they brought it back into the shed, hiding under a tarp and some other junk. When they went back to the porch and looked over they could see a large, black scorch mark on the power box. Ryan stayed over that night, neither saying anything when Ginger commented on it and blamed it on the neighbourhood hooligans. The scorch mark remained there for the entire time Spencer lived there.

This is based off the story that Spencer told in a Rolling Stone interview. It was amusing so I thought it should be written. Let me know what you think about it.

Disclaimer: So this story apparently did happen. It was told by Spencer Smith so I do believe it belongs to him and Ryan Ross. Not me.
Sign up to rate and review this story