Categories > Celebrities > My Chemical Romance > Mad World

Session III: Love and Loss

by theescapist99 9 reviews

Gerard relives the day he and Frank got married.

Category: My Chemical Romance - Rating: R - Genres: Drama,Romance - Characters: Frank Iero,Gerard Way,Mikey Way,Ray Toro - Published: 2011-08-16 - Updated: 2011-08-16 - 1801 words - Complete

2Ambiance
A/N: Eeeep! Sorry it took so long to update. I have so much stuff to do this week what with finals and what not. As for the torture fic, it might be a bit. I haven't even started on it. See, the next chapter is seriously so fucked up, I'm having debates with myself on whether or not I should do it.

It's really, really, REALLY fucked up.

Anyway, enjoy.

Session III: Love and Loss


The counselor had clearly begun to lose his patience. He began to remark that the treatment did not seem to be working, and that he was ready to try some medications. Frank, hesitant to put Gerard on any more meds, insisted they try a few more recollections. Getting desperate, Frank and Mikey decided to pull out a big one.

"Our wedding." Frank said as he removed a ring from his finger and then slammed it down on the table in front of Gerard as though it were a hard piece of evidence in a court case for murder.

Gerard then looked at his own wedding ring for the first real time. He was so used to wearing Lindsey's, that he really hadn't paid much mind to it until now. It was unnoticeable compared to all the insane changes that Gerard had been going through lately, after all Gerard had always had a ring there anyway. It never occurred to him that the ring was different. Yet looking down on it now, it was different. Still only very slightly in its shape and form, but he then removed it and looked at the inside of it. There was an engraving. It read:

Gerard and Frank Way: the best dreams happen when you're awake.


Huh? Gerard raised an eyebrow. Well that didn't even make sense. None the less, he looked at Frank, who was ready to begin his story.

~

Frank stood still, and tried to calmly smile at all the people seated before him. Yet on the inside, nothing about him was calm. His heart was racing, his palms felt sweaty, his breathing erratic. Had he not been aware that he was about to be married, he would have asked someone to call an ambulance for a myocardial infarction! Yet he was aware, and he had expected it. How could he not, when he was moments away from being wed to the most beautiful person on the planet?

"You okay man?" his best man Ray muttered to him from his side.

Frank nodded frantically, and was about to speak a response but then --- the music started. Frank straightened himself immediately, staring intently down the aisle.

And soon enough, there he was. Gerard Arthur Way. Frank had joked with him a few times about getting him a wedding dress for kicks, which he obviously declined. Still, as Gerard walked down in his suit, Frank couldn't think of how he could possibly look anymore radiant. Gerard's dad had not shown up to the wedding, but it would seem Mikey had agreed to walk him down the aisle instead. Frank frowned as he saw Gerard's eyes darting towards the audience at his sides, as he knew Gerard was still hopeful Donald had come. Frank hated that man.

Still, this was no time to think of those that they hated. This day was about him and Gerard. This day was about love. Their love. And nothing was going to stop Frank from making sure it was perfect.

Finally, Gerard reached the alter. Frank stretched out his hand, which Gerard took and squeezed, an optimistic smile on his face. They both faced the minister, who began the service.

It came time to say their vows. Gerard and Frank faced each other, both showing equal nervousness. Both of them were not the type of people who liked to declare their inner most thoughts in front of a crowd of people, but that's exactly what a wedding was supposed to be. Gerard went first.

"Frank Iero. From this day on, I declare you to be my husband. But that doesn't change a thing.

As I have the past I five years, I promise to live with you and laugh with you; to stand by your side, and sleep in your arms; to be joy to your heart, and food for your soul; to bring out the best in you always, and, for you, to be the most that I can. I promise to laugh with you in good times, to struggle with you in bad; to solace you when you are downhearted; to wipe your tears when you cry; to comfort you when you're sad; to mirror you with my soul; to share with you all my riches and honors; to treasure you as much as I can until we grow old; and, still loving each other sweetly and gladly, our lives shall come to an end.

I love you, Frankie. And nothing would make me happier than spending every waking moment of my life with you. And only you. For as long as I live."

Frank smiled at him and stroked his hand as he spoke. When he was done, he inhaled deeply and began his own, feeling as though it would never match the beautiful poetry Gerard had just spoken. Still, he would try, as he meant every word of it.

"My sweet Gerard. I love you. You are my best friend and will be forever. Today I give myself to you in marriage to be your husband. I promise to encourage you, to laugh with you and to comfort you in times of sorrow. I promise to cherish and respect you. I vow to be true and faithful for as long as we both shall live.

Because of you, I laugh, I smile, I dare to dream again. I look forward to spending the rest of my life with you, caring, loving and being there for you in all life has for us. I will always be the person that you can trust, talk to and the person that will always understand. My home is in your heart. These promises I give you today and all of the days of our lives. Our love has given us wings, and our flight is only just beginning."

He could Gerard was trying not to laugh. Frank was terrible at this kind of stuff. He grinned goofily himself, feeling slightly embarrassed. Still he also saw the tears that had begun to form in Gerard's eyes.

They were sharing such a moment of love, that Frank almost wished the ceremony were over already. That everyone would leave and they had nothing more to do, so Frank could cradle Gerard in his arms while they shared a mug of hot chocolate.

Still, the show had to go on. And so it did. They went through all the formalities, and went into even more at the reception. They had their first dance, to the song By Starlight by The Smashing Pumpkins. It was Frank's favorite part of the wedding, because it was the first time he really got to hold Gerard close to him all day. And then during dinner, the first speech was made. A call for attention was made, and everyone turned to see best man Ray Toro standing from his seat.

"It's been an amazing day hasn't it? It should be, because Gerard and Frank are two amazing people and together, they go beyond amazing. Together, they are indescribable. I have never seen any couple like them. So really, amazing is the least of what they deserve.

Sometimes, I don't feel like I deserve to be friends with such awesome people. But they're my best friends, and I'm overwhelmed with emotion to see them joined in marriage today, after all they have been through together. I see a lot of people get married, all the time, but never have I been so sure of one relationship.

That one night when Gerard was in the hospital, and we were talking about quitting the band, I was hesitant. I will admit. Gerard was a good friend of mine, and I was a bit protective of him. We all were and still are. I was worried because I felt like this could be a mistake. I was thinking of whether or not Gerard would be able to be happy without the band. Whether or not we were making this decision too quickly.

But all my doubt died instantly when Frank pulled me aside, and he told me 'I love that man. I know your scared, but don't worry. I wouldn't be doing this if I didn't have a good feeling about it. I'll take good care of him.; and I watched him that night. Gerard and Frank just spent the whole night talking with each other. And the more I watched Frank, the more I could see it in his face, in his eyes, in his actions --- Gerard was in good hands.

Five years later, and here we are. Since then, I have seen that love grow nothing but stronger and stronger each day. I can't wait to see what will come of it in ten or twenty years. To Frank and Gerard, may you two know no boundaries."

Ray raised his glass, and so did the rest of the room. Shouts of "Here! Here!" echoed throughout. Shortly after the toast, people began banging their utensils against their champagne glasses, which could mean only one thing. Frank and Gerard turned to each other, smiled, and shared a deep kiss amongst many cheers.

~

"Frank." Gerard said suddenly, as it only occurred to him now.

"Yeah?" Frank looked at him, seeming hopeful that he might be having a break through.

"Where is Ray?" asked Gerard.

"Gerard..." Mikey interrupted, a look of surprise on his face. "Ray's dead."

"WHAT?!?" Gerard gaped.

"He died of a drug overdose, along with another member of his band..." Mikey explained.

Gerard didn't want to hear anymore. The room spinning, and his heart in his throat, he mumbled a quick "Excuse me..." and ran out in the middle of the session. Frank called out at him soon after, but Gerard just kept walking, not knowing where he was going to go. He just knew he could be there. He couldn't be here anymore.

"Why the fuck did you tell him that?!?" Frank could be heard snapping at Mikey back in the counselor's room.

"I think it's something he ought to know!" Mikey argued.

"Jesus, you want him to go through this all over again?!? It was hard enough the first time!"

Frank glared at Mikey before he ran out after Gerard, praying to god he wasn't going to do anything drastic. Not again.

~

Next chapter: Gerard tries to cope, but new issues arise.
Sign up to rate and review this story