Categories > Celebrities > My Chemical Romance > Imaginary Enemy

The Exterminators

by atomiclithium 0 reviews

Concentrate on the road, dumbshit!

Category: My Chemical Romance - Rating: PG-13 - Genres: Drama,Humor,Romance - Characters: Frank Iero,Gerard Way,Mikey Way,Ray Toro - Warnings: [V] [?] - Published: 2011-08-14 - Updated: 2011-08-17 - 1026 words

0Unrated
"Gerard!" Frank snapped, making my eyes fly open and focus on the oncoming cactus we were going to hit and instinctively jerked the steering wheel to the left, causing everyone in the patriotic Trans Am to mutter the same words I've heard over and over again from the past hour: concentrate on the road, dumbshit!

Frank sighed, telling me that he was once again agitated by me failing to keep my eyes open for more than ten minutes. I glanced towards Frank, who was sitting silently and looking out into the bleak, black desert land. In the back of the car was silent, Mikey and Ray must've fallen asleep while arguing about who's ray gun shot the farthest.

"You're going to kill us all someday," Frank casually said, not bothering to look away from his window to scale my reaction. I gripped the wheel harder and clenched my teeth. It's just because he's tired, I told myself, making me believe it even if it wasn't true, he doesn't mean what he says.

"If you want to drive, be my fucking guest." I roughly replied, some of the anger coming back from our last fight. It seemed like we fought all the time these days. Like, every little thing became a competition. I rubbed the blurriness caused by a lack of sleep away from my eyes, momentarily wishing that everything could go back to the way it was. Quiet and relatively peaceful. Every little thing about out lives had changed.

Frank huffed and looked at me, making my stomach turn when he didn't immediately look away like he usually did. I shifted my hands and reluctantly looked at Frank.

"Is there something I can help you with?" I sarcastically asked, returning my attention to the deserted road. Frank smirked and shrugged, going back to his usual position at the window.

We've had our moments, you could say, when the thoughts our children and wives became too much to handle. They were promised protection by BL/ind, when we thought they were harmless. They, at the time, were the only people who we could trust with our family (goes to show how shitty times were). We accepted the fact that they were either dead or were turned to Draculoids.

"Where are we going?" I asked Frank, trying hard to keep my voice from the grief I was feeling. I could hear Frank's voice in my head clearly when he found out that I was thinking of them again. He would say, Get over it, Gerard. They're gone. His tone of voice whenever that topic came up scared me shitless. I swallowed a lump that formed in my throat and watched as Frank pulled out the hand drawn map.

"Well, from the look of that hill over there and the BL/ind bulletin board we just passed, I'd say we're in the middle of fucking nowhere." I was never good at reading maps, but compared to Frank, I was a map guru.

"Gimme that," I laughed, yanking the map out of his hands before he could retaliate. I flipped the paper to face me, none of which made sense anyway, no matter which way it was turned.

"Hey Mikey!" I yelled and twisted towards the back to face him. His eyes were peacefully closed shut and his dyed blonde hair laid across his face like a frame. I snickered and slapped his cheeks a couple of times.

"Mikey," I repeated once he showed signs of awakening. He twisted and muttered something that sounded like it would belong to the ray gun argument. Hell, he was only four years younger than me and older than Frank, but I still considered him the kid of the group. I could clearly see where I got that from now, his innocent looking eyes just returning from the sleep he almost never got. Unfortunately, once he focused on what was happening, the regular Mikey came back. Observant and ready to do anything.

"Yeah," He dozily murmured, sliding back up in his seat. He looked up to the sky, disappointment in his eyes when he found the stars. The only thing to look forward to out here was the daytime sky. The sun meant another day had passed without being into BL/ind's grasp. We tried to celebrate that as much as possible.

"I can't read not a damn thing on this map." I threw the map over my shoulder and twisted back to the front.

Mikey yawned and straightened out the crinkly map. He squinted and rubbed the remaining fuzziness out of his eyes.
"Did we pass a BL/ind board just a minute ago?" He said, a slight tone of urgency rung alarmingly in my ears.
"Yeah, that's a bad thing?" Frank asked, the same tone also bothering him. He raised an eyebrow and looked at Mikey. I bit my bottom lip and and waited for Mikey to answer him.
"We're on Route Four, headed North." Mikey's voice shook, making me slow down and snatch the map from him. I inwardly rolled my eyes at Mikey's inability to put something into understandable terms. I quickly found Route Four, heading North...

Shit.
I slammed on the breaks, making un-seatbelted, sleeping Ray slam violently against the back of my seat.

"What the fuck, Gerard?" Frank yelled, bracing himself for another sudden jerk of the car.

"Did he fall asleep at the wheel again?" I heard a half-asleep Ray say. I immediately put the car in reverse and backed up, shoving the map at Frank and pointing to where we were headed. He took it from my frantic hands and muttered a colorful string of swear words as he saw what Mikey was talking about.

"What's going on?" Ray said angrily, not a hint of sleep left in his voice. He rubbed the raw, bruised lump on his forehead. I put the car in drive and did a dangerously fast U-turn at the shoulder and sped in the opposite direction.

"We ran directly into the Exterminator's territory." I replied low and breathless, just as two big, black vans sped ahead of us and blocked our escape.
Sign up to rate and review this story