Categories > Anime/Manga > Yu Yu Hakusho

The Beasts

by SirPsychoSexy 0 reviews

Sensui Shinobu. Genocidal maniac. Loving pet owner? [Gen]

Category: Yu Yu Hakusho - Rating: G - Genres: Drama - Characters: Other - Warnings: [!] - Published: 2006-06-05 - Updated: 2006-06-05 - 601 words - Complete

1Insightful
The Beasts

A YYH fanfiction by Sir Psycho Sexy

A/N: HOLY CRAP, Sensui-related genfic? You can't find that anywhere. This fic is about Sensui and his attitude towards animals. Enjoy!

-SPS

--

Sensui Shinobu was never a people person. From a very early age, the other children sensed that he was "weird" or "creepy" and did their best to avoid him. Needless to say, the young Shinobu had no friends and was very withdrawn. His usual company was a book of kanji practice or a picture book about the glories of the samurai- until the day he discovered animals.

His first experience with a pet was in his final year of kindergarten. While all of the other children concentrated on their homework or were busy engaged in arts and crafts, Shinobu would look after the fluffy white hamster the class had named Mochi. He would let Mochi out of his cage and let him roam across his shoulders while the other children had lunch. He would volunteer for after-class cleanup so that he could feed and give water to Mochi, and clean his cage. Shinobu felt that Mochi was the only being in the world that understood him and respected him.

However, the more he loved that hamster, the more the other children backed away from him and the more "weird" they thought he was.

"Who would rather play with a hamster than with a kid?" they would say tauntingly. And the more they said it, the more it hurt, and the more time he would spend with Mochi.

And the kids, being how kids are, eventually killed Mochi.

Shinobu was the only one that cried. Somehow he knew there was something wrong with his classmates that only he could see, that they did not give compassion for an animal.

Many years later, when his faith in humanity was completely ruined, Sensui vowed to take vengeance on his classmates of many years earlier. He did not know where they were now, so he could not kill them directly. However, he could kill their ideals of untrammeled human superiority by championing the causes of demons, and also, those of animals.

During the formation of the Makai tunnel, he would reassure his many cats, dogs, hamsters, guinea pigs, and other pets that the incoming demon horde would not find them at all tasty, and that he hoped that someday one of their species would evolve into a much kinder, saner being than humans ever dreamed of being. He had faith that his pets, even though he did not like to refer to them as such because of the connotation the word had of human dominion over superior creatures, would make the world a better place to live, in cooperation with demonkind.

When he knew he was about to die, Sensui performed what he thought was the ultimate act of kindness to these oppressed creatures: he let them go. He sincerely wished that they would inherit the earth if the demons did not succeed. However, the cats and dogs, being as they are, came back to Sensui no matter what and asked him for food and to play with them.

He would pat them on the head, half-admiring their senseless loyalty and half-wanting to get rid of any groveling before him, a human. He closed his eyes and treasured the time he had spent with all of them, knowing that his end was coming.

Sensui had reached a conclusion: Man was but a beast, and the beasts were the only ones in Ningenkai that were fit to be called anything close to human.

-FIN
Sign up to rate and review this story