Categories > Celebrities > My Chemical Romance > If I Let You Love Me, Be The One Adored

Chapter One

by i-stole-the-cookies 0 reviews

Gerard Way moves back to his mom's house in the middle of the night to find Olivia Williams asleep in his bed

Category: My Chemical Romance - Rating: PG-13 - Genres: Drama,Horror,Romance - Characters: Gerard Way - Warnings: [!!] - Published: 2011-08-17 - Updated: 2011-08-24 - 1228 words

1Original
Chapter One

Gerard Way walked up to the front door of his childhood home. He found the spare key under the mat and sighed as he opened the door, hoping he wouldn't wake anybody up. It was at least two in the morning. He looked at his watch. No it was three in the morning. Did the break up really take that long?

"Jesus." He muttered as he entered the dark house. He didn't turn on any lights but noticed that the answering machine was flashing from the message he left earlier that night. He took off his coat, feeling exhausted and he slowly climbed the creaking stairs. He entered his old room and sat down on the bed. Hang on,/] He thought. [/Was the duvet set always white with flowers? He stood up and looked at the bed. There was someone sleeping in his old bed. Unless he went into the wrong house. No, there were pictures of him and Mikey on the walls, as you climbed the stairs. He wasn't in the wrong house. The place had the same feel, the same smell. But who was in his bed? Gerard went back over to the door and flicked the switch on. The figure groaned, wondering what the hell was going on?

Olivia Williams, turned over in the bed and sat up right. Her eyes blinked and adjusted to the light. She looked over and saw a confused man staring at her. She screamed and pulled the duvet up to her neck.

"Who the fuck are you?!" She demanded, trying to remember where her pepper spray was.

"Who the fuck am I?" Gerard asked. "Who the fuck are you? Why are you sleeping in my bed?"

"Its my bed..." Olivia replied quietly. Donna Way burst into the room, armed with a candlestick.

"Mom!" Gerard half yelled. "Its me, put down the candlestick!"

"Oh Gerard!" Donna gasped. "What are you doing here at three in the morning?"

"Looking for a place to sleep, I left you a message on your answering machine." Gerard explained. He pointed to Olivia. "Who is that?"

"That's Olivia, she lives here." Donna explained calmly. "Come down stairs, lets leave her alone to sleep." Gerard took the son's arm and pulled him out of the room. She turned off the light and closed the door.

"She lives here!?" Gerard asked loudly. "Who is she, ma?" Olivia sat alone in the dark, feelings slightly violated.

"Get down those stairs, mister! And mind your manners!" Donna scolded her son. Olivia giggled slightly, having never seen Donna's mothering in action. The candlestick was a nice touch. Olivia got out of the bed and found her bathrobe. She wrapped it tightly around her body and left her room, she made her way downstairs and found Donna and Gerard in the kitchen.

"Honey, I thought you were just going back to sleep." Donna said, touching Olivia's cheek. Olivia smiled.

"I don't think I'm going to be sleeping for a while," She replied. "I feel very violated."

"Oh this is Gerard, my eldest son." Donna explained. "He lives with his girlfriend. Usually."

"Well, thats what the message on the answering machine was about. Audrey and I broke up tonight." Gerard explained, glumly.

"Oh honey," Donna cooed. She wrapped her arms around her son, her head only coming to his shoulder. "I'll make you some tea."

"Thanks mom." Gerard said. He sat down at the table. Olivia sat across from him, studying his features. He looked tired but besides that pretty good. His eyes were a lovely hazel-brown and his hair was black, but with some strands of brown coming through. His skin was pale and he was skinny. He needed to eat some more, Olivia thought. Gerard caught her looking at him and wanted to glare. Why was she living here? Who the hell was she? She could have been any weirdo with a sob story and his mother was just too kind to turn her away. Olivia smiled weakly at him and then turned away. She picked some nail varnish off her nails.

"So how exactly did you meet my mother?" Gerard asked, suspiciously.

"I answered an ad in the paper." Olivia replied. Gerard looked her over. She had brownish eyes, red hair which was obviously dyed, pale skin and perfect pink lips. From what Gerard could see from his angle at the table, she was a skinny little thing and quite short. She didn't look older than twenty.

"How long do you plan to stay here?" Gerard asked.

"For as long as Donna wants me." Olivia replied.

"Olivia, would you like some tea?" Donna asked.

"Yes please, Donna." Olivia answered.

"Well, can I at least have my bed back?" Gerard asked, as if he was a little boy again.

"No, its comfy." Olivia replied. Donna set a cup of tea in front of Olivia and then one in front of Gerard. Donna sat down at the table with her own cup of tea and after taking a few sips, she turned to Gerard.

"What happened with Audrey?" She asked.

"I dont even know, ma." Gerard replied. "It was just time to move on. I've been away, touring and its been hard on her these past few months. I haven't really been there for her. She wants to be with someone who doesn't have to travel all over the world." Donna nodded. "She's visiting her mom in a few days so I'm gonna head over there and pick up my stuff, I was going to ask for my old room back but its taken," Gerard said, looking at Olivia.

"I'll move out if you want." Olivia replied.

"No you shall not." Donna replied. "Gerard, you can stay in Mikey's old room."

"It won't be for very long," Gerard explained. He drank some of his tea. "I'm going to start looking for my own place as soon as possible."

"Don't stress yourself about it, sweetheart." Donna said. "You can stay here as long as you want, I'd love it if you lived here for a while." Gerard smiled. "My boy."

Olivia smiled and stood up. She took her tea upstairs to her room and let mother and son have a little reunion. She sat on her unmade bed for minute and set her cup of tea on the bed side table. Olivia stood up again and crossed the room to her wardrobe. She opened the door and pushed aside her clothes that were on the hangers and gazed into the hole in the wood that had been cut years before Olivia arrived in that room. She was almost certain that Donna didn't know about this. It was always so dark in this room, Olivia noticed from the pictures that she had been shown. How could she notice. The walls were still dark blue and the darkness of the wardrobe hid the gaping hole. She reached inside the hole and pulled out the unopened, dusty bottle of vodka and a bottle of Xanax pills. She was definitely sure that Donna did not know about this. If she did, they would have been removed years ago. Olivia put them back and sorted out the clothes. She closed the door of the wardrobe and went to turn off her bedroom light. She got herself back into bed and tried to resume her dreams.
Sign up to rate and review this story