Categories > Original > Romance > Invisable

Invisable

by E-girl400 3 reviews

17 year old Alex Emerson has spent her life considering herself invisible and wishing to be seen. She's ignored at home as her parents fawn over her older brother and younger sister and is ignored ...

Category: Romance - Rating: PG-13 - Genres: Romance - Published: 2006-06-05 - Updated: 2006-06-05 - 994 words

0Unrated
"Watching the Sun come up from over the horizon/ Thinking about what I did in my life to deserve this/ Wondering and hoping/ Praying and wishing/ Wanting to escape and fly away to a land where the pain goes away." Alex sang softly as she watched the sun rise. She leaned her head against her window and closed her eyes. Any minute now her family would be waking up and another day would begin, another day in which she would be completely invisible. Sure enough, five minutes later a pounding started on her door.

"Wake up! Come on! We don't have all day, Ali, I mean, Ashley, I mean-whatever. Just get up!" her moms voice called through the door. Alex opened her eyes and slowly got up from her window seat. At least she got the first letter right this time, she thought as she walked over to her closet.
She grabbed her uniform and put it on. She hated it. From the blue plaid, pleated skirt, to the white collared, three-quarter length shirt. She slipped on the dark blue jacket and tie before running a brush through her dark hair.

She grabbed her back pack and hurried downstairs. The rest of her family was already sitting at the table.

"You! Get the milk." her step-dad, John barked. Alex dropped her bag in the hall and brought him the milk. He grabbed it out of her hands and turned to her younger half-sister, Beth. "So, sweetie, then what did your teacher say?"

"She said I was the most talented artist she's ever seen. She also thinks you should send me to this school in France for the intellectually gifted. She'll tell you tonight at the conference." Beth answered. Alex rolled her eyes. Beth was the "smart and perfect" child, and Alex despised her for it. She thought she was so great and mighty. Alex knew she was actually an evil, manipulative genius who lied, cheated, and stole.

"That's great, Bethy!" Alex's mom, Polly, exclaimed. Alex shoved her cereal around in it's bowl.

"It's finally finished!" her older brother, Seth, said coming in. Alex rolled her eyes again. Seth wasn't very bright, but he made up for it in his looks and acting talent. He was the lead in this new movie called "Two girls and a Guy". Alex thought it should be called "Two idiots and an Imbecile", but she kept that to herself.

"Oh my gosh! That's great!" Beth exclaimed.

"And I get to bring four guests to the premiere." Seth said grinning. Alex's heart stopped. Maybe, just maybe, she'd be able to go. "So, I'm going to bring you three and Kelly." Alex's heart dropped. She knew it was to good to be true.

"When is it?" Alex asked. Everyone turned to her as though they were seeing her for the first time.

"Does it matter to you? It's not like you're coming." Bethy snapped. Alex looked back at her plate.

"Sorry, couldn't get anymore tickets." Seth said. He was semi-nice to her, but still treated her more like a stranger then his own sister.

"It's okay." Alex mumbled. She got up and walked into the hall. She grabbed her stuff and took the small picture of her dad out of her wallet. She kissed it as tears ran down her face.

"I wish you were still here, dad. You're the only one who saw me." Alex muttered as she remembered the tragic hunting accident that had took her dad's life not 10 years before. She quickly put the picture away and trudged out of the door, hurrying to her bus stop.

"I heard he was going with Angie Parker." Kelly Clarson was saying as Alex walked up to the bus stop. She rolled her eyes. Kelly was one of the most popular girls in their grade and was always full of gossip.

"Really? I heard they broke up last night." Abby Mason said.

"I knew that. I was just testing you." Kelly said venomously as she flipped her perfect blonde hair over her shoulder and shot Abby a death glare. Abby took a step back and looked at the ground, her brown hair falling into her face. Alex just shook her head, she hated how Kelly controlled her friends like that. Alex didn't know why Abby even stayed friends with Kelly, she made Abby keep her hair short so Abby wouldn't be prettier then her.

"Oh my god! Here he comes!" Kelly squealed pointing behind Alex's shoulder. Alex looked around and rolled her eyes. Of course, it's all about Liam, she thought rolling her eyes. Liam Sanders was the most popular and hottest guy in their school and every girl except Alex was hoping he'd take them to homecoming. She didn't get what the big deal was. Yeah, he did have the cutest blonde hair and the most adorable brown eyes, but other then that he was obnoxious. Suddenly, Alex felt something hit her from behind she flew foreword, landing flat on her face. She heard everyone burst out laughing around her.

"Look it! It Queen of the Klutz's!" Kelly said and everyone burst out laughing again. Alex looked around for the person who bumped into her and saw Liam and his friends standing where she had been. She bit her lip and got up as the bus pulled up. She got on last and slipped into an empty seat.

"Hey, sorry about that." she heard. She looked and saw Liam looking down at her. She rolled her eyes and turned toward the window. She doubted he meant it.

"Is it alright if I si-" Liam started but was interrupted by Kelly's loud squeal.

"Liam! Over here! There's a spot next to me!" Liam looked down at Alex hopefully, but Alex put her backpack in the seat and kept looking out the window. Liam rolled his eyes and walked to the back of the bus and took the seat next to Kelly.
Sign up to rate and review this story