Categories > TV > CSI > Sky of Red

Nightmares made flesh.

by redtyrant 0 reviews

summary: Greg didn't make it home before everything went to hell. The nightmares have come to life.

Category: CSI - Rating: R - Genres: Action/Adventure, Angst, Fantasy, Horror - Characters: Catherine Willows, Gil Grissom, Greg Sanders, Nick Stokes, Sara Sidle, Warrick Brown - Warnings: [!] [?] [V] - Published: 2006-06-05 - Updated: 2006-06-06 - 705 words

1Original


Greg stopped at the redlight eight blocks from his apartment. He usually didn't take this route, but he had no choice. His normal route was now a crime scene. God, he didn't know what the world was coming to. He probably didn't want to know either.

He was tired and ready to fall into his bed. Yet, he knew he wasn't going to be getting any sleep at all. He was too tired to sleep. Sad, wasn't it. Even though he needed sleep, he was reluctant about relying on an artifical sleep aid. He didn't like having to depend on a crutch. Sometimes it leads to bigger problems in the future that has little to do with sleeping.

There are days when he hates his morals. But the feeling quickly passes. His morals were a part of him that made him the man he was today.

If only he could get to his apartment. He was tired of looking at the insides of his car. Maybe he shouldn't ve been so impatient to reach home; it was quite possibly the main reason he took the wrong turn at the next red light. Or maybe, just maybe, it was a good thing. Maybe it was fate playing her hand at the roulette table that made up his life.

When Greg took his wrong turn, everything went to hell in a hand basket. It was like there was a sudden explosion of violence. Creatures, so much like humans but they weren't, came out of seemingly no where and smashed into his car. There were dozens upon dozens of them tearing at his car, bashing at his windows, and trying to rip off his doors.

Greg let out a cry of fear when a clawed hand broke through his windshield reaching inside for him. He leaned back away from the grasping hand, reclining his seat as his car was rocked by the force of the creatures trying to get in.

He caught glimpses of the creatures in the rapidly fading light. They looked as he would picture demons would look like. Some had horns, red and black scalely skin, and blood red eyes staring at him. Some looked more human like, but their flesh were rotting and peeling away from the bones. There was a glazed hunger in their clouded eyes. There was no life or intelligence in those frightening orbs. The others, well the others looked like a cross between man, animal, and demon.

The young DNA tech flinched when he looked up at the roof of his car as he heard the ominous creaking coming from it. He thought he saw claw peeking through the roof. It was confirmed, it wasn't his imagination, there were claws trying to peeling open the car's roof like a sardine can.

And what was even worse s the sounds his driver and passenger side doors made as they were slowly being forced opened. The doors made creaks and groans of protest as they were being torn off.

Was this the end for Greg? He hoped not. He wasn't ready to meet his end; especially not from the creatures trying to get inside.

"This must be what a can of tuna fish must feel like." he whimpered to himself as he looked back up at the roof.

The clawed hands had pulled the metal apart enough to allow an reaching, grasping arm through. "Oh God! I don't want to die. Not like this!"

Greg whimpered fright filled whimpers and curled up like a ball on his seat. Burying his head in his arms, he prayed for what was happening to turn out to be a nightmare he could wake up from. But that would be too easy. It was too real, scarily real at that, to be a nightmare.

"Noooo!" he cried out as the driver's door was forced open a few more inches.

Greg was crying now. It wasn't the Hollywood movie type of crying. No, it was the real deal. It was the messy crying with snot running out of his nose.

"Goodbye, Papa Olaf, Nana..." he cried from the shelter of his arms, "Grissom, Sara, Catherine, Warrick, Nick, Archie, David, and even you Hodges..."

"I'm sorry and goodbye..."
Sign up to rate and review this story