Categories > Celebrities > Green Day > I don't want to lose your love tonight

Chapter 2

by darcylynn91 0 reviews

OCs meet Green Day

Category: Green Day - Rating: PG - Genres: Romance - Published: 2011-08-22 - Updated: 2011-08-22 - 1386 words

0Unrated
We had devised a plan. Well I planned mostly and she thought it was the best way too.

Apparently her father would be gone drinking and pass out until late into the afternoon when he would show for a shift at the motel to look after things there and then do it all again the next night. Alexandra would go to her house quickly and get some things of hers while he was still out boozing and come back to meet me. We would get a couple hours of sleep and leave almost as soon as the sun rose so we would be far enough away once he woke up and went to the motel.

And that’s what we did. It was silent the first couple of miles into the ride until she asked me my name.
Ahh, there it was. That question. I had been mostly using fake names at the places I stayed at. There were too many memories in the name for me. I wanted her to trust me though, so I told her.

“My name’s Marilou Bernard.” I told her. (Said just like Mary-Lou)

“That’s pretty.” She said quietly “I’m Alexandra.”

“Thank you. And I know. I saw your name tag last night.”

“It’s French you know. My name.” I told her, “My mother was French.”

I sighed thinking about her. It had been a long time since I had thought about her.

“Does she know where you are?” Alexandra asked me.

I thought that was an odd question. Most people would ask where she was or who she was.

“She’s dead.”

She looked alarmed.

“Oh, no. I’m sorry I didn’t mean to-“

“It’s okay.” I interrupted, “I was young.”

“Can I ask where we’re going?” she asked me.

“Of course you can.” I laughed, “Well I was planning on making my way to California, but if there’s somewhere you would like me to take you I can do that. Any family or friends you want to see?”

She shook her head. “California sounds nice.”

So we made our way to California. Quicker than I was originally going to, but I felt like I really wanted to get there now. Now that I had a friend with me.

We entered the golden state near Tahoe City and were going to stay in Sacramento for the week then decide where we wanted to stay for good and how we would pay for a permanent place.

I had paid for the week stay at a nice hotel. I wanted Alexandra and I to be able to relax after staying in motels our entire trip. I had maybe enough money left for the first month rent on a nice but small apartment.

We got checked-in and went to our room for an overdue comfortable sleep. I had no idea what was in store for us.

The next day we went exploring in Sacramento. Apparently Alexandra loved shopping even if she rarely got to do it. She gushed over the size of the mall they had there and we finally walked out of the mall each carrying about five bags.

“Do you want to eat now?” I asked her.

I watched her struggle as she tried to get all of bags in the trunk of my car at once, dropping a few before she gave up. I was nearly on my knees with laughter when she scowled at me and said,

“Yes, I’m starving. We’ve been living of gas station food.”

Her accent was extremely thick now that she was frustrated.

“Well, do you want to run this stuff back to hotel and just eat there, or we could go out?”

“Let’s stay in,” she said, “we have all week to find the good places to eat here.”

So we drove back and got ready to head down to the restaurant they had in the hotel. We walked down and waited to be seated. It was a fairly nice restaurant, but still open and light enough that we didn’t feel underdressed in our nicest jeans.

As the waitress escorted us to our table, we were taken past a table and I swear I nearly had a heart attack. I sat across from Alexandra and leaned to whisper.

“Is that who I think it is?! Is that Green Day?!” It was an excited whisper, but a whisper nonetheless.

“What?” she asked, “The band? I don’t know. I don’t really listen to much music.”

I turned my head slightly and looked out of the corner of my eye.

“Oh dear lord. It is.” I said biting my lip in excitement.

“Is this a big deal?” she asked, looking at me like I was crazy.

“Yes! Well, no… and yes.” I breathed deeply to calm down a bit, “They’re one of my favorite bands. It’s just weird being in the same place at the same time I guess. I wonder why they’re here. Oh my god, if they have a show we have to go! They’re one of the bands I have to see before I die!”

She laughed at me and the waitress came over to take our order.

We got our food and ate, and I just tried to focus on my meal and not be a creeper. How often does this happen though? I hoped so badly they were playing close to the hotel and that that’s why they were here.

When we were done and got the check we walked towards the door to leave. As we walked I noticed that my favorite band had left their table sometime when we were eating. I felt disappointed for some reason. I suppose I just wanted to see them one more time. God knows I would have been way too nervous to do anything.

I broke out of my daydream when I heard Alexandra shout,

“Watch out!”

I turned just in time to run smack into a solid body. I almost hit the floor when an arm reached out and grabbed mine and pulled me back up.

“Whoa! You okay?” I heard.

I was staring straight into the most amazing green eyes I’d ever seen. My mouth hung open for a second before I realized I must look like an idiot.

“Um… ye-yeah.” I stuttered.

He took the hand that he had used to catch me and shook mine.

“Billie Joe.” He said.

“I know.” I said, still trying to recover from the shock, “Oh! I’m so sorry! I wasn’t watching where I was going. I do that a lot. Sorry.”

He just laughed and let go of my hand. I hadn’t wanted him to.

“It’s looks like you gave her brain damage, you fat idiot.” I heard someone laugh. It was Tré. Of course it was.

That’s when I noticed Mike and Tré were standing beside Billie Joe. Now I really felt like a moron.

“Are you sure your okay? Do you know your name?” Billie asked me.

“What? Yes, of course. It’s Marilou.”

“Well now I know it too.” He said smiling.

My mouthed opened and closed a few more times with no words coming out. I have to stop doing that.

“Aww! Marilou and Billie Joe. It’s perfect!” Tré said laughing again.

I felt an enormous blush come on my face. This was not how I wanted meeting Green Day to go.

“Um, this is Alexandra.” I said pointing to her, trying to get the attention off of myself.

“Hi.” Mike said, “I’m Mike and this is Billie and Tré.” He said pointing to each of them in turn.

“Well we have to go.” Billie said looking at me once more, “Sorry for running into you.”

They started to walk off.

“Wait!” I said. I couldn’t just let this go so quickly.

“I ran into you actually. So I’m sorry and um… um… are you playing a show here by any chance?” I asked.

“Yes. We are.” Billie said walking back over to Alexandra and I.

“What room are you in? We can send two tickets up.”

“No! No, that’s really not necessary, we can buy-“

“I insist.” he interrupted.
Sign up to rate and review this story