Categories > Games > Metroid > Mother Brain Attacks

Part I

by SkeeterB 0 reviews

U.S.S. Voyager gets a suprise from the Metroid Universe. Takes place between the end of Metroid 2 and Super Metroid

Category: Metroid - Rating: PG-13 - Genres: Crossover - Warnings: [?] - Published: 2011-08-24 - Updated: 2011-08-24 - 1156 words

0Unrated
Title: Mother Brain Attacks 1/?
Author: R. E. Birmingham
Series: Voyager P/T J/C K/7 / Metroid X-over
Rating: [PG]

Disclaimer: Star Trek: Voyager is the property of Paramount and Metroid, Samus Aran, Mother Brain and other characters of Metroid is the property of Nintendo but the character Ensign Richard Talos is mine. I am just borrowing the characters for the enjoyment of others. This is one of my attempts of a first foray into the world of writing fan fiction and a crossover story. This story takes place just after Samus supposedly finishes off the Queen Metroid on SR388 in Metroid II: The Return of Samus Aran and Super Metroid (Metroid III). When I finish my other stories I'll post them ASAP. Archive at will, but before you archive my story notify me.

Mother Brain Attacks

Captain's Log Stardate 54432.6

After cataloging what we call the Motaro Nebula, we have resumed a course to Earth. After the Trans-warp coil expired, we have attempted to use the one we retrieved from the Borg as a template to build our own trans-warp coil to get home. Being 20 years closer to home is helping to bring up the morale of the crew.

"CAPTAIN TO THE BRIDGE"

Punching her key to stop the log and rising from her chair to return to the bridge, Captain Janeway looks out the window to see an anomaly 1000 Kilometers from Voyager. Intrigued to find out what it is, she leaves her ready room.

Entering the bridge she looks at Ensign Kim, "Mr. Kim can you tell me what that is I saw out the window of my ready room?"

"No Ma'am, all I can tell you is that it is a Class 4 Temporal Wormhole."

"Temporal Wormhole?"

"Yes Ma'am, instead of being a normal wormhole carrying something over long distances, it is capable of linking two similar universes. But that is all theoretical."

Looking over at Chakotay, frowning, "Commander, do you think this is the doing of Q?"

Chakotay shook his head not sure if the temporal wormhole is the work of Q or not. She looks over to Harry to try to get more information.

"Captain, I'm reading a ship coming through the Wormhole."

Janeway turns to Harry, "Hail Them.."

Frowning at his console, Harry replies, "No response, captain"

"Open a channel"

Punching a few keys on his console, Ensign Kim opens a comm channel, "Channel Open."

"Unidentified ship this is Captain Kathryn Janeway of the Federation Starship Voyager. Please identify yourself."

Staring at the view screen, looking at the little yellow ship that came through the wormhole, Captain Janeway murmurs to Chakotay, "It looks like that ship took one hell of a beating doesn't it Commander?"

Nodding in agreement, Chakotay looks over to Harry and then to Tuvok to see if he can glean any more information about the ship. Tuvok scans the ship and looks over to where the Captain and the Commander are sitting. "Captain, it uses an advanced form of ion propulsion, and it has received heavy damage, but life support seems to be functioning. I am reading a single life sign aboard and it seems to be unconscious."

Turning to Ensign Paris, "Ensign, Close to transporter range and beam it straight to sickbay
and tractor the ship into shuttlebay 2. When the ship is on board, stay at least 1000 kilometers from the anomaly."

"Aye, Captain," grinning that irrepressible Tom Paris grin, Ensign Paris swivels his chair back to his console and begins moving the mighty Starship Voyager closer to the battered ship.

"Transport complete, the person is in Sickbay" Ensign Kim tells Captain Janeway.

"Sickbay to Bridge"

Tapping her combadge, Janeway looks at Chakotay with a frown, "Go ahead Doctor"

"Captain, you and Commander Chakotay better come down here and see this, I have a very puzzling situation with our new arrival."

Frowning deeply, Janeway asks, "What is it Doctor?"

"You should see for yourself"

"On my way doctor, Janeway out" Tapping her combadge to close the channel, she looks to Commander Chakotay with a deep frown. Rising from her chair to leave she nods at Tuvok saying "You have the bridge Tuvok."

Entering the turbolift, she taps her combadge, "Janeway to Engineering"

"Torres here"

"B'Elanna, I want you to take an engineering team down to Shuttlebay 2 and take a look at the ship that was just brought aboard."

"Aye Captain, Torres Out"

Arriving at Sickbay, when the doors swish open, Janeway was greeted with the sight of Samus Aran, bounty hunter. The doctor had successfully removed her helmet and found the beautiful young woman lurking underneath the helmet.

"What can you tell about her doctor?"

"She's about 26 years old, a human that has been genetically altered somehow to amplify one or more of her abilities. There seems to be something special about this suit she is wearing, I can't seem to find out how it fits together to remove it. We might get some more information out of her if we wake her up."

Nodding at the doctor, Chakotay says, "Do it doctor"

Gently touching the hypospray to her neck, with a gentle hiss, the doctor gave the young woman the stimulant. With a slight fluttering of her eyes, Samus awoke with a start. She was starting to rise when she was suddenly stopped by an unseen force. Looking around the room at the three people in unusual uniforms staring at her. "Where am I?"

"I'm Captain Kathryn Janeway and you're aboard the Federation Starship Voyager. This is my first officer Commander Chakotay and the doctor. And you are?"

"Samus Aran, Bounty Hunter. How did I get here Captain?"

"It seems that you came through a temporal wormhole and crossed into our universe," Captain Janeway replied.

Frowning at her situation, she replies to Captain Janeway "The last thing that I remember is the destruction of the Queen Metroid and handing the Metroid hatchling over to the scientists at Ceres and then I woke up here."

Frowning deeply Janeway asks her, "What are Metroids?"

"Metroids are energy draining lifeforms that inhabited planet SR388, up until I destroyed them several years ago."

"Why?" Janeway asked with a distressed expression on her face.

"Metroids were employed by an evil entity known as Mother Brain and her band of space pirates to try to destroy galactic civilization. I was given the task to destroy Mother Brain and that was accomplished. I was then assigned to go to the Metroid's home world of SR388 to destroy them at their source, which I did with the exception of a single Metroid which hatched out just as I destroyed the Metroid Queen. I turned the hatchling over to the scientists at the science academy at Ceres. I was just about to go find another bounty to hunt when I learned that the Ceres Colony was under attack. I was turning to return to Ceres when I passed out, then I woke up here..."


TBC in Part II
Sign up to rate and review this story