Categories > Anime/Manga > Full Metal Alchemist > Separation and Reunion

Must Get Out

by brynn_parker 0 reviews

...

Category: Full Metal Alchemist - Rating: R - Genres: Action/Adventure, Angst, Drama, Erotica, Romance - Characters: Alphonse Elric, Edward Elric, Elysia Hughes, Gracia Hughes, Hohenheim Elric, Izumi Curtis, Pinako Rockbell, Riza Hawkeye, Rose Tomas, Roy Mustang, Winry Rockbell, Wrath - Warnings: [!!!] [X] - Published: 2006-06-06 - Updated: 2006-06-06 - 2174 words

1Exciting
Separation and Reunion

Chapter 7: Must Get Out

----

Listening to: "Must Get Out" - Maroon 5

----

Ed and Mr Hilliard worked tirelessly on the project after that day. There were constant new developments - with Hilliard using his knowledge of magic and Ed using his information about alchemy, it seemed more and more likely that Ed was going to get home.

The only thing that worried Ed was Envy; what if he was back in Amestris, tormenting the people that Ed cared about?

Hilliard, on the other hand, was worried about Annaliese.

The girl continued to get closer to him as he spent his days at the Hilliard house. Of course, Ed didn't notice that Annaliese was getting attached...but it was still evident to anyone else.

Normally, the man would've done anything he could to get Annaliese closer to a young man. She was a picky girl, and wouldn't take anyone who didn't look at women as equals. She was headstrong and sometimes a little violent...something that any normal man wouldn't want. But Ed seemed to like that...bizarre, but true. And Hilliard certainly didn't want his daughter's heart broken. Ever since her mother had died, he'd raised her up with all the affection a father could give.

He wasn't going to let some boy from another world ruin it.

----

Riza yawned, letting her head drop onto Roy's shoulder on the train. It was extremely cold, and she was wearing an old brown coat over her white shirt and black trousers to keep warm. Ever since the military had been overthrown, everything had gone into a state of disarray - the trains were broken down, clothing became worn out and expensive, as well as food - thing were not looking good.

However, as they passed into the country, things looked so much more peaceful. Riza watched the pastures float by for a moment before drifting off to sleep.

----

Roy looked over at the blonde affectionately, bringing up a hand and stroking her soft hair. He felt so fortunate to be with this woman at that moment...he was almost glad for the overthrow of the government, no matter what the negative effects were. It meant that he and Riza could be together.

He remembered when she'd taken care of him after his accident. Days in the hospital, slipping in and out of consciousness. The pain in his eye had almost been too much to bear sometimes, but Riza's support was always there, helping him through his illness. He didn't like to think of how things would be if they'd continued normally...still in the military, still led by a Fuhrer who wasn't even human.

Still not with the beautiful woman on his shoulder.

He thought of the first time they'd made love after they'd found that girl in his house, and he chuckled slightly...she'd really gotten him pissed at Havoc.

Poor guy.

"What are you thinking of?" Riza asked, looking back at him suddenly, her startling reddish eyes shining in the lamplight.

"Mm...what do you think?" he said, giving her a smirk. She laughed, moving closer to him and draping an arm over his shoulder.

"I love you."

"You have no idea what I want to do to you right now..."

She laughed, shoving his firm chest. "Not here!"

He'd have never thought she could be so relaxed.

----

They held a small funeral for little Trisha at the graveyard where Ed's mother and Winry's parents had been buried. Gracia and Elysia were there...Hawkeye and Mustang...Izumi and her husband, Wrath...Rose, Daniel, Pinako, Al.

Winry.

She'd protested to the fact that she was really too sick to be going out in this weather. It was extremely cold at this time of year, and a light drizzle fell on them all, shrouding everyone in grey mist. Looking at the grave that the villagers had made for Ed, Winry felt that the weather was very appropriate.

Should she just accept that he was dead too?

It seemed silly to think that he was still alive.

Everyone stared when Winry started laughing after the ceremony. It was a cold, bitter laugh...something they'd never thought to hear from Winry before. Yet here she was, at her daughter's funeral, laughing hysterically.

"Winry...are you alright?" Pinako asked, clutching her granddaughter's arms.

She nodded. She just couldn't stop. Soon she fell to her knees, and quickly afterwards she was unconscious again.

----

Riza found Roy at Ed's grave. It was really more of a memorial, as he wasn't really buried there...but it now stood in between the two Trishas' graves, a reminder of how much had been lost in this seemingly serene part of the world.

She knew that Roy felt himself partly responsible. For some reason, he felt like he could have done something, when in reality this was probably going to end up happening.

"One of them was going to die, Roy," she said softly, putting a comforting hand on his shoulder, "At least we have Al."

"Al doesn't have any memory of the past four years, Riza," Roy said stiffly, "And Edward...he was going to have a family." Riza's eyes widened when she felt something other than the rain land on her hand. "That kid was such a dumbass."

They just stood there for a moment, looking at the grave. It was a common military memorial, with something about "serving his country" and "fighting with bravery". Roy had had to push to get a good headstone, since Ed had been proclaimed a traitor before his death. Of course, so had Roy...

Everything had been turned upside down.

Warmth spread through him when he felt Riza's soft lips press against the back of his neck, and her arms wove around his stomach from behind. She leaned her head on his back, letting out a breath. "Remember that there's no one to blame..."

He turned around, returning the embrace. "I'll try."

"Good."

"You want to go inside?"

"We probably should. It's warm in there, and Pinako's made plenty of food for everyone."

----

Winry didn't feel like joining in with the eating, so Izumi and Rose brought her up to her room and laid her down on the bed. Winry gave them a weak smile and then closed her eyes.

She had a dream.

----

A knock on the door drew Ed out of his studies and to the front room. His father was busy working on something else and barely looked up when Ed walked past. "Who's here?" Hohenheim asked.

Ed looked through the peephole to see Annaliese in a coat and hat, waiting at the door and looking out at the street. Snow billowed around in the streets, and Ed quickly opened the door.

"Annaliese!" he said, "What are you doing here?"

He'd never really learned any manners.

"Uh...may I have a moment of your time?"

"Sure, come in," Ed said, backing up and shutting out the cold quickly behind her.

Hohenheim was up in an instant. "May I take your coat and hat, miss?"

"Uh, yes, thank you," she said, clearly not expecting the treatment. Ed had never been very polite before, and she wasn't expecting him to suddenly learn that skill.

"So, Edward, who's your friend?"

"This is Annaliese Hilliard," Ed grumbled, "Annaliese, my father, Hohenheim."

"It's a pleasure, Mr Elric," Annaliese said, smiling politely and shaking his hand. Ed quickly took her arm and led her to his room, where he was copying a sketch out of one of Hilliard's books.

"So what do you want to talk to me about?" Ed asked her, looking down at his sketch.

"Well, Edward..." she looked around. Of course, he didn't notice it, but she seemed nervous. "Father told me that you're from some other place...very far away."

"Yeah," he said, frowning. Why was Hilliard telling his daughter...?

"And that I shouldn't get very close to you."

"Well, I'll be leaving soon," said Ed, completely oblivious to WHY Hilliard had told his daughter that. "You probably shouldn't get close to me."

"But I have one favor to ask."

"Which is?"

"Would you go to the Thule Society party with me?"

Ed stopped short, breaking his pencil with his metal hand. "Uh...Annaliese..."

Had the girl just asked him out on a...a DATE!

The first thought that went through his mind was that it wasn't fair that he should be going to a party while everyone back in Amestris thought that he was dead. Of course, this could be made up for by the fact that it wouldn't matter if they thought he was dead for a little while longer...

"What am I thinking!" he said, scolding himself.

"What?"

"Sorry..." He turned around. "Um, Annaliese...I have to tell you..."

It wasn't long before everything about Winry came spilling out of Ed's mouth. He just couldn't stop himself from talking to Annaliese. She was so much like Winry, so full of understanding (and there were always large objects nearby that she could use as weapons). She just sat and listened the entire time, occasionally nodding or saying "ah" or "yes".

"So you see, I can't go with you...because of Winry...and I think that we might even be getting closer to getting me home..."

"Because you have to get back to the woman you love," Annaliese said, nodding, "Yes, I understand." She stood up - she'd sat down on Ed's bed a few minutes earlier when the story had started to get longer - and smoothed out her dress. "Well, I think it's very honorable that you're so committed to her...I'm sure I'll find someone else."

"Alright Annaliese."

"Goodbye Edward."

"Bye."

----

WARNING FOR CITRUSY STUFF!

----

That night, Roy and Riza were the only people that there wasn't room for in the Rockbell house, so they rented a room in the local inn.

The room had two twin size beds and a little table by the window. A lamp sat on the table, which Roy lit with a snap of his fingers when they walked into the room.

It suddenly occurred to Riza that she and Roy hadn't slept together since that first time all those months ago...what was it, five, six?

She remembered the times when he had been too badly injured to even kiss her. And it was suddenly very awkward.

"So..." she said, standing near the door.

Roy was still standing by the window, but quickly turned around and took off his jacket and gloves to reveal a nicely fitted white button-front shirt and black slacks. Riza smiled when he took off his shoes as well and started walking towards her in his socks.

He didn't say anything, but instead wrapped one arm around her waist and used the other to pull her head to his, where their lips met with more warmth than any other in the room. She brought her hands up to his shoulders to pull him closer when his tongue pushed through her lips to explore her mouth. She let him have a moment before pushing back and fighting to discover the cavern of his mouth as well.

He stopped her by slipping a hand up and into her shirt, meeting with a lace bra she'd bought years and years ago.

"I didn't know you owned one of these," he said, smirking at her.

She blushed before beginning to unbutton her shirt.

She knew that he'd wanted her again for a very long time. They'd been physically separated by how sick he was for so long, and now they were alone and he was perfectly fine...more than perfectly fine.

She slipped the shirt off of her shoulders and then the bra, revealing her breasts to him for only the second time.

He immediately kissed her again, covering her jaw and neck with wet kisses, before beginning a slow trail down to her breasts and guiding her to the bed at the same time. She took wavering steps backwards, overcome by the heat. "It's been too long, Riza," he murmured, reaching the valley of her breasts and sliding his tongue over the line. She shuddered and fell forward suddenly as he sat down to have her straddling him, his face buried in her chest. This was, amazingly, just as urgent as the last time, though the wait for this had only been five months. She wrapped her hands around the back of his head and pulled his mouth closer to her skin when he began sucking on a nipple.

Just then, a purple light glowed out in one of the cow pastures outside of the window.

Riza painstakingly stopped Roy in what he was doing and stared outside, covering herself quickly and looking out.

There was someone there.

"There was a light, Roy," she said, "Can you tell who that person is?"

She looked up at him to see an extremely bizarre expression on his face, puzzled, amazed, and overjoyed at the same time.

"Who is it?"

He looked towards her, smiling widely.

"It appears to be Edward Elric."
Sign up to rate and review this story