Categories > Celebrities > My Chemical Romance > If it looks like I'm laughing, I'm really just asking to leave...

If it looks like I'm laughing, I'm really just asking to leave...

by TheatreGeek 1 review

Frank Iero is nearly sixteen, and he pretends to be fine with the whispers and the stares, but they affect him more than he'd like to admit.

Category: My Chemical Romance - Rating: PG-13 - Genres: Angst,Humor,Romance - Characters: Frank Iero - Published: 2011-08-23 - Updated: 2011-08-23 - 587 words - Complete

1Funny
" SHIT DUDE!" I scream in the very burly and sweaty face of the guy who's piercing my lip. I knew it was going to hurt, but not this much. " Calm down kid, you won't die. Suck it up." sweaty face grunts. I shut my eyes tightly as he dabs anti-septic on my lip and slaps me on the back. I'll have a huge bruise there tomorrow, I'm sure. " All done, that'll be fourty please." Jesus, what was this? A piercing shop for millionaires? I fish in my jeans pocket and hand over a wad of notes. He shoves them in his pocket and starts clearing up. " Thanks." I pull up my hood, yank open the glass door and walk out on to the scruffy street. The sky is going grey, huge dark clouds gathering above me. I check my watch, it's only three-thirty. Mum won't be back for another four hours. Not that she'd really be bothered if I come back late. She's learnt that I just go off and do my own thing at weekends. She doesn't like that fact, but she's just dealt with it.
A little girl takes one look at me and runs as fast as she possibly can back to her mum as I push open the bright yellow gate to the playground. Am I seriously that scary? Actually, ignore that question. I have red and black hair, heavy red eyeliner and the new addition of a ring through my lip. I guess that's adding to my fear factor...shut up Frank. Quit talking having conversations with your mental voices... I flop down heavily onto the rubber seat of the swing. My lip stings like hell, but it's worth it. It looks awesome. I pull out the can of diet coke I bought on my way here, out of my pocket. I pull back the metal ring and take a sip, the chilled liquid making me shiver. My eyes are killing me, I really shouldn't have stayed up all night trying to get that stupid assignment done. Who gives a flying shit about thermal decomposition of Limestone anyway? I rub my tired eyes and yawn. I seriously need to go to bed. Or just drink a shit load of coffe. I prefer the second option. I kick the stubbly grass with the toes of my black vans, then decide I can't be bothered to sit here much longer. I drain my can of coke and throw it in the dolphin shaped trash can. The little girl that had run away from me watches as I leave the park, her mum narrowing her eyes at me, as if my presence would corrupt her perfect child.
I close the front door on the downpour that had started about ten minutes ago. I peel off my soaked Black Flag hoodie and hang it on the radiator. I then shuffle into the empty kitchen and make myself a ridiculously big mug of coffee. I'm used to the house being empty on a Sunday, when mum goes out to visit her mum's sister, in an old folks home a few miles away. Gives me a few hours to myself, but sometimes I end up just thinking about stuff. Stuff I really don't want to think about. I don't bother with milk in my coffee, and take it upstairs to my room. I fling myself down on the messy un-made bed and turn on the PS2. Time for some good old zombie killing action before mum gets back.
Sign up to rate and review this story