Categories > Anime/Manga > Full Metal Alchemist > Is it Me or Her? (Info and Characters)

Is it Me or Her? (Chapter 4)

by jstar1992 0 reviews

Category: Full Metal Alchemist - Rating: PG-13 - Genres: Angst,Drama,Romance - Characters: Edward Elric - Published: 2011-08-29 - Updated: 2011-08-29 - 589 words

0Unrated

'Edward! Help me!' Her voice, so harmonious to him, calls out in fear. “Winry!!” He yells back, running to the house. But when he reaches her, it's too late. “Daddy! Help us!” Mason screams. Immediately after, he runs upstairs to attempt to save his children. But, like in real life, he fails. The nightmare ends in tears. Edward wakes up silently, curling into a little ball and sobbing. The whole hospital is quiet, except for in his room. Why does it seem like when you're in pain, the rest of the world is oblivious to it all? That's because there are so many others; some facing the same problems as you, others with different ones. We're all just a small part of this world. If one of us died, the world wouldn't end, everything would continue as it had.
The tears fall silently down his face. Before, when he was younger, he refused to cry. He refused to let anyone really help him find the stone. Edward wanted to atone for his sins by himself. It really was a hard thing for which he had to leave home and never look back. 'But I always came back. Even if it was for a tune up. I always made sure to come back and see you.' he thought silently to himself. He attempted to wipe the tears away, but they just keep falling, so he stopped trying.
Meanwhile, Jasmine lays in her bed, looking at the moon through her window. The memories of Evan came back in her dreams, causing her to wake up. She grabs her pillow and cries into it, the memories painful and disturbing. What she had attempted was the work of the devil. She had attempted something that only God could control. And in that process, she had lost someone important. She lays back down and closes her eyes.

~The Next Day~

Jasmine wakes up to the sun shining on her face. She climbs out of bed and does her normal everyday regime. She grabs her shoes from the floor, slipping them on before walking out the door and locking it. She walks up the stairs and to the cafeteria, grabbing some breakfast for herself and Edward. Luckily, she doesn't have to worry about any other patients; she had to help him for an hour while the nurse that had him went out to lunch. She grabs a tray and two plates of pancakes, grape juice for herself and orange juice for Edward, and two apples.
She carries the tray upstairs to Edward's room, where he sits still huddled in a ball. Jasmine sets he tray down on the table and pulls him into a hug. She softly smooths down his hair, crooning quietly for him to stop crying. “Everything will be alright. I can promise you that. Just please stop crying.” Edward looks up and sees all white fabric. His face is buried in between two moderately sized mounds; he finally realizes where he is and backs away, his face a bright red.
Jasmine finally realizes that she had his face in the valley between her breasts and blushes. “So, how did you sleep?” she asks, handing him the tray. “Horrible,” he grumbles. “I understand what you mean. I had a horrible nightmare last night.” “W-What happened?” “Oh nothing. It's nothing that I should concern you with.” The door opens, revealing someone at the door. The person smiles and carries in a vase of tulips, a get well soon card in his hand.
Sign up to rate and review this story