Categories > Celebrities > My Chemical Romance > Puppet Boy, Your Strings Are Mine

Reassurance

by theescapist99 6 reviews

Mikey finds his brother in a sad state.

Category: My Chemical Romance - Rating: R - Genres: Drama,Romance - Characters: Frank Iero,Gerard Way,Mikey Way - Published: 2011-09-02 - Updated: 2011-09-02 - 806 words - Complete

4Exciting
A/N: Hey guys. Sorry this one's kind of short. I'm rather sick at the moment, which could mean no more posting after this for a couple days. Which sucks majorly, because I really wanted to get this and Falling done before the week was over so I can get started on another idea I had next week. Well, we shall see.

Chapter Twenty-One: Reassurance

Mikey arrived in Los Angeles to a very depressed brother. He had entered his home and found Gerard lying in his bed, with no signs of life other than the fact that he was breathing. He looked skinny and pale, like he had not eaten or slept in days. When Mikey tried to force some food into him, Gerard refused it.

The fact was, the great Gerard Way had finally given up.

"C'mon Gerard, you're going to have a blood test in a couple of days. You need nutrition..." Mikey begged him.

"I don't want to go anymore Mikey..." Gerard sighed, not even lifting his head from his pillow, "I don't care if I have it. Hopefully it just means I'll die sooner..."

Hearing Gerard say such things was dragging Mikey down into a hopeless sense of depression himself. He felt at a loss for what to do. He knew how stubborn his big brother could be. He only stuck with begging and pleading Gerard to take a bite of something, at one point breaking down into full blown sobs.

Gerard would not budge. He continued to stare blankly at his ceiling, feeling too defeated to do much of anything. He was not angry at anyone. The people who had left him left him because they had lives. Loved ones and families. As for Lindsey, well he supposed he had simply not been good enough for her. He sort of wished Mikey would leave and get back to Alicia. It was inevitably going to happen anyway.

Yet Mikey remained as stubborn as Gerard was. After his usual pleading with Gerard, he screamed "FINE! If you're not eating, I won't either! We'll both just starve together!"

Gerard looked over to see Mikey sit down on the floor beside his bed, cross legged and with a determined look on his face. He almost laughed.

Yet soon enough, it was not funny at all. Gerard found himself trying to persuade Mikey to go eat something by nightfall. The tables were turned.

By the next morning, Mikey's plan had worked. Gerard begrudgingly started to eat a sandwich, in order to get Mikey to eat some macaroni and cheese. Seeing that this was effective, Mikey repeated the action whenever he wanted Gerard to eat something. Gerard was fine with letting himself rot, but Mikey knew he would not be able to bear watching someone else suffer as result. Mind, while he was never able to get Gerard to eat complete meal, he would at least eat enough to keep him alive.

With what was about to happen, Gerard needed his strength.

~

The day of the testing.

Mikey and Gerard pulled up to the physician's in their car. Once Mikey parked, he looked at Gerard. He looked scared. Mikey leaned over and enveloped Gerard into a hug. He pulled away moments later and faced Gerard, looking straight into his beautiful hazel eyes. He stroked Gerard's hair lovingly and smiled.

"It'll be okay, I promise. No matter what happens, you'll get through this okay." he whispered.

Gerard smiled back at him and nodded. What did he ever do to deserve such an amazing little brother?

They walked in together. Gerard went to receptionist, who confirmed his appointment. He filled out the proper forms in the waiting room. When he was finished, there was nothing else to do except wait for his name to be called.

And just when it happened, just as they did, Gerard heard a second person call his name. He turned around as he was walking to the clinic.

Frank Iero was standing at the door of the waiting room, looking as though he had just ran 500 miles.

"Frankie." Gerard breathed out, barely able to believe his eyes.

"Gerard!" Frank sprinted over to him and embraced him into tight hug. "Fuck. I'm so sorry, I'm so sorry Gee..." he repeated over and over, his face buried in Gerard's neck.

"It's okay, Frankie..." Gerard blinked back tears, embracing Frank as though he would fall to his doom if he didn't. "..where on earth have you been?"

"It's a really, really long story." Frank partially smiled.

"Guys." Mikey interrupted them, "I'm glad Frank's back and all, but we really have to go."

Gerard snapped his head up and nodded. Frank grabbed Gerard's hand and held onto it tightly. With Mikey at his other side, Gerard walked into the clinic taking deep, steady breaths...

~

Next chapter: Frank explains.
Sign up to rate and review this story