Categories > Celebrities > My Chemical Romance > I'm Not Okay.

Chapter 1.

by UnAuteur 3 reviews

The attack.

Category: My Chemical Romance - Rating: R - Genres: Angst,Drama - Characters: Frank Iero,Gerard Way,Mikey Way,Ray Toro - Warnings: [V] [X] [R] - Published: 2011-09-06 - Updated: 2011-09-07 - 1197 words

2Ambiance
Ring-ring. Ring-ring.

The phone ringing suddenly made both Mikey and I jump. The fact that we were in the middle of a really cheesy but extra gory horror movie made the shock a lot worse for poor Mikey. I laughed at him hyperventilating in shock and threw a handful of popcorn at his head. “You're such a loser, Mikey,” I laughed. I stood up and picked up the phone. “Hello?”
“Hi, Gee,” My wife's voice said.

“Lindsey,” I smiled. “Hi, baby. What's up?”

“Nothing, nothing,” She replied. “It's just... look, Bandit and I just arrived at my Mom's and I've just realized I forgot to pick up her favorite teddy bear. Could you bring it, please?” Lindsey was going to a friend's party. A friend who lived close to Lindsey's mom, but quite a while away from where we lived. She'd taken Bandit because she hadn't seen her Grandma in a couple of weeks. If I'm honest, I didn't mind too much – it meant Mikey and I could spend some quality time together away from the band.

“Baby, you took the car, remember?” I raked a hand through my hair. She could be forgetful at times. One of many things I loved about her.

“Oh. Right,” She sounded kinda pissed.

“What does she need? I'll take it in my car,” Mikey whispered.

“Babe, Mikey says he'll bring it,” I smiled, relieved, at my brother.

“Oh, great. Tell him thanks,” She said. “Love you.”

“Love you too,” I replied, smiling. “Bye.”

“Goodbye,” And she hung up.

“So,” Mikey asked, already grabbing his car keys. “What does my dear sister-in-law need?”

“Bandit's teddy bear,” I said. “One second.” I ran up the stairs and grabbed the bear before jogging back down and handing it to Mikey.

“See you in twenty, bro,” He smiled.

“See you,” I replied, smiling back as he left the house and got in the car.

Five minutes later, and I was desperate for a smoke. Damn tobacco addiction. Lindsey didn't like smoking in the house because she didn't want Bandit breathing it in. I agreed completely, actually. So I went outside. The street was completely abandoned. I leaned back against the wall and sucked the life out of my cigarette. Just as I was about to go back into the house, I heard a voice speaking behind me. “Excuse me, buddy, could you help me?” A guy who I hadn't noticed before was standing behind me. “I'm a little lost, think you could give me some directions?” I considered ignoring him, but that would make me look like a total ass. So I forced a smile.

“Sure thing, pal,” I turned to look at him. He stared at me for a while, then smiled.

“Hey, you're Gerard Way from My Chemical Romance, right?” He said.

“Everyday,” I said, smiling wearily. “So where was it you were looking for?”

“Er... it doesn't matter. Hey, my son's a huge fan,” He told me. “I couldn't get an autograph, could I?”

“Yeah, sure,” I shrugged. One little autograph wouldn't hurt, right? “You got a pen?”

“Er... yeah, here,” He handed me a pen along with a pad of paper.

“What's your son's name?” I asked, poising the pen above the paper.

“Er... Christopher,” He said. I scrawled it on the page, along with my signature, before looking up at him again and smiling.
The next thing I saw was his fist rocketing towards my face.

I didn't actually register that he'd hit me until I was sprawled on the ground. “What the fuck, man?” I coughed through a mouthful of blood. He dragged me up by my hair.

“Pretty thing, aren't you?” He said, stroking my cheek.

“Er... thanks, I guess...” I tried to pull away, but he wouldn't let me. He tried to kiss me but I twisted my head. “Um... no thanks. I'm married.”

“Where's the wife at, then?” He asked.

“She's er... she's at a party,” I said, honestly.

“Oh. So you're home all alone, then?” He cooed.

“N-No. Mikey's here. My brother,” I said. He laughed.

“Liar. I've just seen him leave,” The guy laughed. “So you are all alone, then?”

“Er... Mikey will be back any minute...” I said.

“Ah, well. I still have time for this,” He dragged me over to a car by my hair and threw me into the back seat. He got into the car himself then produced a knife from the pocket of his jeans. “Do what I say and this doesn't have to hurt. Alright?” I couldn't find words so I nodded silently. “Good.” He bent his head and planted a small kiss on my forehead. I had to fight not to cry – I knew what was coming.

When he was done with me, he tossed me out of the car. I landed on my hands and knees on the pavement. Hard. I could feel blood pooling at my knees and my hands were badly grazed. “You're good at that,” He chuckled, lighting up a cigarette. I tried to get back on my feet but he forced me back down. “You never saw my face, right?” He said.

“R-Right,” I replied quietly.

“Good boy,” He smiled at me, stroking his thumb down my cheek before swiping his knife down the side of my face. I couldn't help screaming as it sliced through my skin. “Oh, did that hurt?” He said, sarcastically. “How about this?” He slashed it across my stomach. “Or this?” Right down my back, from between my shoulder blades to the waistband of my jeans. He kept on like that, cutting me in different places, until I didn't even have the energy to scream any more. Then he got into his car, and just drove away.

I have no idea how long I was lying in the rain gutter – it could've been ten minutes, it could've been an hour – but I was suddenly conscious of hands on me, hauling me up to my feet. Mikey's hands. “Oh my God! Gee, what happened?” He said. I just shook my head weakly. “It's okay. I'm gonna take you to the hospital, alright?” I nodded wordlessly.

Mikey helped me into his car and strapped the seat-belt across me. I felt my eyelids growing heavy. Mikey noticed too. “No, Gee, don't fall asleep yet. C'mon, buddy, talk to me,” He took one hand off the wheel to squeeze my hand.

“Wh-what about?” Was that really my voice? So far away and distant and scratchy.

“I don't know. Anything...” He shook his head, obviously trying to think of a topic.

“I l-liked that shirt that R-Ray had on the other day,” I said, because it was the first thing that popped into my head.

“Yeah? Which one?” Mikey said, seeming glad that I'd began a conversation.

“The bl-blue one,” I said. “Do y-you not remember? It was l-like... a d-dark blue b-button down one. B-blue's a good color on Ray. He s-suits it.”

“Yeah he does. He looks good in blue, doesn't he?” Mikey said. And we carried on a conversation about what other colors looked good on Ray until we reached the hospital parking lot.

Then I passed out.
Sign up to rate and review this story