Categories > Celebrities > My Chemical Romance

The Sharpest Lives

by XxLovelyPoisonxX 0 reviews

Reed and Kimmie, let's follow them on one wild ride. Shall we....

Category: My Chemical Romance - Rating: PG-13 - Genres: Drama - Characters: Bob Bryar,Frank Iero,Gerard Way,Mikey Way,Ray Toro - Published: 2011-09-07 - Updated: 2011-09-08 - 1175 words

0Unrated
So xxparamorexx and Nightstars (me! and you still gotta guess my name) have now decided to write a collaboration.
Shall we continue into the first chapter of Reed and Kimmie's wild adventures?
Yes...I think we shall...

The Sharpest Lives

Reed POV's

My head leaned against the window. Occasionally my eyelids would drift closed and there would be blackness and then I would pull them back open. Slowly I shifted, making sure the black headphones didn't drop from my ears as the notes carried from the small speakers. I blinked for a minute or two, clearing the sleep from my eyes as I could feel the rays of sunlight streaming through the glass. Then the car bounced, flying over a pothole and jolting the girl on the other side of the car awake.
I smiled softly as she blinked away the pinkness from her eyes and looked across at me. Her dark green eyes only made darker by the light pink shimmered for a second and then the clouds covered the sun. I gimaced and rolled my eyes up to glance at the gray clouded sky. Already the sun was pushed behind dark patches and small rays tried to peak around the thick edges. With a sigh I leaned back against the window and let my eyes take in the scenery that was quickly pushed across the clear glass.
As I watched the green of trees mix with the gray of the strange sky I let my eyelids slowly drop. I would beel them fall shut and let them stay closed.
"Reed."
My eyelids snapped back open. Immediately my eyes whirled to the other side of the car, connecting almost instantly with the dark green of my sister's eyes.
"Kimmie?" I whisped back, just as quietly as she had.
She opened her mouth to reply before a gruff voice cut her off.
"Shut up back there!"
Our reaction was exactly the same. We both cringed back into the seat and immediately our mouths closed. I glanced at the review mirror and shrunk into my seat farther, attempting to disappear into the material that stretched across the springs. Quickly I looked away and met my sister's gaze again.
I mouthed the words to her, trying not to make another sound. 'Kimmie?'
She glanced back at me and mouthed back, 'Do you know when we'll get there?'
With a quick glance towards the review mirror I gave a quick shake of my head. Kimmie nodded to show she understood, her light brown hair tossing slightly around her face in the layers she had it cut in.
"Hey!" My hand flew to the hair tie around my opposite wrist and quickly snapped it. "I thought I told you to shut up!"
I kept pulling it away from the skin and then letting it smack with a painful sting back against the already sensetive skin.I took in a deep breath, letting it flood me in an attempt to calm myself as I slowly let the snaps against my wrist stop. My stomach coiled as I glanced back to my sister.
Her eyes were wide as she stared at me, her hand immediately flying to the seat between us. I reached over and grabbed her hand. She gave me a quick nod that I returned and then I gave her hand a soft squeeze. A soft smile passed her face before we let go of each other's hands and turned back to the windows.
I could practically feel the thoughts that were in her mind as I took in another deep breath.
It was the same though we always shared when we needed each other.
I would be there for her and she would be there for me.

Kimmie’s P.O.V

Snap, snap, snap. She was doing it again. I looked over and saw Reed snapping her hair ties against her wrists, each making an indent into her pale skin. I cringed when I saw the hair tie strike again, drawing a small amount of blood. I hated when she did that. She only did it when she was nervous, and seeing her nervous made me even more anxious.
To take my mind off of, well everything, I pulled out my I-pod. I unlocked my ipod, smiling at the picture of me and Reed as my wallpaper. I scrolled through the apps, finding guitar hero. ‘Hell Yeah’ I thought finding the song “Girls Not Grey” by AFI. That’s when I made a mistake. I pushed play and the music blasted. ‘I forgot to put in my headphones!’ I though. I frantically shut it off, looking at Reed nervously, her eyes wide.
“I told you to get quiet!” Steven boomed from the drivers wheel. Crap, he’s really mad. I quickly threw my I-pod on the floor not wanting it anymore. I looked at Reed who met my gaze, and she smiled trying to comfort me. I smiled back, trying to mask my fear. I looked back down looking at my red converse hightops. I had ‘customized’ them with a black sharpie. I silently kicked them back and forth, crossing them and uncrossing them. ‘How much longer?’ I thought looking out the glass window. I couldn’t stand a minute more of this painful nervous silence. ‘I hope Steven, won’t be terribly mad at us’ I thought. ‘Normally things like that would send him over the edge, but being in the car he couldn’t do anything.’ A pothole made me bounce in my seats, sending me out of my thoughts. Steven cursed under his breath and gripped the steering wheel tight. ‘Yep he’s pissed’ I thought.
I guess I haven’t properly introduced Steven. He is our loving and kind stepfather! Notice my sarcasm. Biggest dick you will ever meet but we’re kind of stuck. He married our mother for her money. She doesn’t know that, considering she’s always away on business trips. In fact she’s on one now! So Reed, my twin sister, and me are stuck in this car ride with him. I looked over to her and saw her gazing out the window. I noticed the trees thin out, leading to a large neighborhood. The whole neighborhood looked like a doll house set. Everything looked fake to me. A few trees here and there, and all the houses looked the same. Big and fancy. The stop signs even looked plastic!
I glanced at Reed, who had proceeded to snap her hair bands against her wrist. I couldn’t take it anymore. I tapped her hand and she looked up. I motioned for her to stop, and she looked down reluctantly at her hair bands. She let out a soft sigh and pulled her hands away. I grabbed her hand and she smiled. We let go and continued to gaze out the windows, looking at the passing by perfect houses. This is our life, and I know for sure it’s not the life I want.
Sign up to rate and review this story