Categories > Celebrities > My Chemical Romance > If it looks like I'm laughing, I'm really just asking to leave...

Chapter 15: Playing Cupid

by TheatreGeek 0 reviews

Ray and Grace are meeting tomorrow and Frank is trying to cheer them both on. He is really excited to hear how it goes, but then doubt creeps in...

Category: My Chemical Romance - Rating: PG-13 - Genres: Angst,Humor,Romance - Characters: Frank Iero,Ray Toro - Published: 2011-09-08 - Updated: 2011-09-08 - 784 words - Complete

0Unrated
Grace stays quiet all through Friday, only speaking in monosyllables, but she still had a smile on her face all the time. By the time she was about to get on the bus at the end of school, her fingers were shaking slightly and her cheeks were pink. "Hey, don't worry about it. relax, you were fine the other day at mine, it's just the same!" I say, trying to reassure her, though I have absolutely no experience with her situation whatsoever. She giggles and smiles "Yeah, I guess so. I'll let you know how it goes tomorrow okay?" She turns and climbs the stairs to the bus, waving to me as she drives off. I wave back and whip my phone out of my pocket.
Eventually Ray answers:
Hey? It sounded more like a question that a greeting.
Hey, it's me, Frank. I've just had to calm your girlfriend down.
Shut up , she's not my girlfriend...well...yet...but..
Calm down Ray, I'm just messing with you. How are you feeling about it? One at Starbucks right?
yeah. Jesus man, I'm shitting myself about it. What do I talk about? What if she doesn't like me? What if..
I butt in, Ray, calm the hell down, you're panicking. Listen, would she have even agreed to meet up with you if she didn't like you? No. Did she seem alright when I was downstairs getting the pizza?
He pauses a second before answering me, ...Yeah. She seemed pretty cool actually. Um...
Exactly. You'll be fine, message me tomorrow when you get back, let me know how it goes okay? I reach my door and let myself in, okay, better go Ray. Got a date of my own in a minute. I grin, shrugging my bag off my shoulder in the hallway and flinging myself down on the sofa. Yeah, I will. Wait.. WHAT? Ray practically screams down the phone, you have a date?
Yeah, with some zombies. See you! I hang up laughing before Ray has chance to reply. I put my phone back in my pocket and switch on the TV. As usual there's absolutely nothing watching and I turn it off again after five minutes. I think about Grace and Ray. I'm glad my friends get on so well with each other, it means I'm actually part of a close group of friends now. It feels good to belong.

I spend my Saturday having a lie-in and surfing guitar websites and music forums. As four o'clock rolls around, I feel my phone buzz. I smile to myself when I see it's the text Grace promised me.
Hey :D Today went great, I'm sure Ray will tell you about what happened in his own time. I'm really happy right now :D Speak more about it tomorrow :) Obviously I log into IM faster than I thought was physically possible and send Ray a message.
GuitarGuy: GET. ONLINE. NOW. WHAT HAPPENED????
I wait impatiently for ten minutes, trying to distract myself from A) What Grace had just said and B) how feminine that last message sounded. Not good for my cool points.
Finally, my heart skips a beat as I see the three little words pop up at the bottom of the screen:
Ibreakplectrums is typing...
I fidget irritatedly as I wait for his reply. It pops up eventually and I read through it anxiously.
Ibreakplectrums: Hey man! :D Well, it's good news. Everything went awesome. We talked a lot and stuff and...well...we're kinda going to the cinema together tomorrow :D
I hurriedly type back: GuitarGuy: Really? Awesome dude! I'm really happy for you :D So are you like...and item now or..?
Ibreakplectrums: Erm... I think so. You think she's really into me then?
GuitarGuy: Oh yeah, definitely. From what she just text me and the way she's been acting since she met you, she likes you a lot :D
Ibreakplectrums: What did she text you? :O
GuitarGuy: Oh nothing, that's a secret between me and Grace, G2G bye! I know Ray's going to be mad at me for not telling, but he'll live.
Of course I'm happy for them. How could I not be? They're my best friends...my only friends, but there's that little nagging part of me that keeps worrying about it. What if they get so happy together, Grace moves schools, or we just drift apart? No, surely not. Grace wouldn't do that and neither would Ray.... I tell myself to shut up, this is stupid. They weren't going to do anything like that.But if they did, how what would happen to me? They were the only things that made school and all the shit bearable...
Sign up to rate and review this story