Categories > Games > Final Fantasy X

You Should Have Known Better

by moogle-lu 2 reviews

This is a tiny one-shot for another LJ challenge. Wakka's subconscience berades him for past actions involving Lulu, but now has a chance to make things right. This is me assuming things during h...

Category: Final Fantasy X - Rating: G - Genres: Angst, Romance - Characters: Lulu, Wakka, Other - Warnings: [!] - Published: 2006-06-06 - Updated: 2006-06-07 - 262 words - Complete

3Insightful
When you were five, you should have known better than to pull her braids and steal her toys. When you were ten, you should have known better than to call her a 'stupid girl' and push her in the sand. When you were fifteen, you should have known better than to push her off that boat, knowing full well she couldn't swim. It was then that you lost her.

You should have seen it coming. They were spending so much time together, and that stirred up emotions you'd never felt before. You were angry, hurt, jealous, lonely, even hateful towards the two people you cared for more than anything. You started to focus only on the game, paying no attention to the two you said broke your heart. How could they do that to you? You thought they were being selfish and ridiculous, but how could they have known how you felt if you never told them?

Sin came, Sin went. Sin took him on the shores of Djose; she became distant, cold, apathetic. A year later you see your chance, but is this really the right time? She's walking towards you now, pale face and shoulders glowing in the firelight. Her braids fall gracefully down her back as she sits, and you give them a playful tug. She smiles at you, and you smile back. Now you know better than to let this moment run away from you. You whisper something unexpected in her ear, catching her off guard. She turns her dark eyes to you, and you seize the moment.
Sign up to rate and review this story