Categories > Original > Drama > A Life That's So Demanding

I Will Never Let You Fall, I'll Stand Up With You Forever

by Nightstars 0 reviews

Category: Drama - Rating: PG-13 - Genres: Angst - Published: 2011-09-11 - Updated: 2011-09-11 - 1750 words

0Unrated
So, recently I've been going through some stuff..I didn't have a really great day today..or yesterday for that matter. But...I really needed to put this out, this is much better than the first one.
To my friend, you know who you are, if you read this, then just know how grateful I am, you kept me alive for the past two days, I can never thank you enough. Huggles!
The song used in this is Your Guardian Angel - Red Jumpsuit Apparatus (A/N: And my friend also knows the importance of this song right now)
Hope ya'll enjoy.. And F.Y.I, I changed the name to protect my friend's identity, that way if she didn't want her name printed she wouldn't have to worry!

I Will Never Let You Fall, I'll Stand Up With You Forever

Click. Click. Click. Click. Click

The keys continued to clatter as her hands flew across the board. For a second she couldn't see, the tears blinding her as they fell down her cheeks and stained her shirt with small gray droplets. Hastily her hand lifted from the board and wiped across her eyes, quickly clearing the trails from her cheeks.

Her hands trembled violently, tapping the wrong keys as she continued to type. Small sniffles would break from her occasionaly as she struggled to keep her sobs quiet.

She could feel her heart pounding away in her chest and she hated it, she hated the feeling of it pumping more blood through her. She paused, her hands poised over the keys, no longer knowing what to type. Her hands shook again, needing to press out more words but not knowing what to say. With a shaky sigh she moved the mouse and quickly hit the 'Send' button.

More tears fluttered down her cheeks, making more tracks against the ones that were already stained there. Slowly she took another breath, placed her hands tightly in her hand and tugging against hte dark brown locks that continued to fall in her face Her eyes were shut tightly, trying in vain to stop the words from continuing to dance in front of her. Instead they just played like a broken record in her mind.

The repeated, over and over, making it a mantra that soon she believe. A sob wracked through her chest, tearing through her silently as she trembled in the chair. Quickly she hunched over, leaning as low as she could so judging eyes couldn't reach her in her moment of weakness.

Then she could see the large number. Her eyes flitted to it for a second, a feeling of dread filling her as she clicked onto her email.

Leslie...

The name echoed in her mind as she saw the name of the sender. A sigh of relief filled her lungs as she quickly opened the message. Dark brown orbs sped across the screen, a smile tugging at the edges of her lips as she read the words.

The process came easily after that, a process she was so accustomed to that she could so it so easily. Again her hands waited over the keys, thinking for a moment before the thoughts came to her again. Her hands began to shake again and more tears flooded her eyes as her heart poured across the page. The letters chased the blinking vertical line as her fingers pounded against the keys.

Click. Click. Click. Click. Click. Click.

This time she didn't pause as she hit the send button.

Another number on her email and this time it was absolutely anguish that filled her when she saw the sender. Her heart pounded again, taunting her as she pressed the keys in a broken beat. The usual speed multiplied as she worked to get the words out. As she typed it sadness filled her, threatening to pull her under.

A moment.

Just a moment.

She stopped, her hand flying to her chest as if she could physically grab her heart. The pain that dwelled in her chest becoming almost unbearable as she blinked away the tears. The hurt and discomfort that pounded against her heart felt almost deadly but much to her distase it didn't kill her.

There it was again. The hatred that she could feel building inside, not aimed towards someone else, never aimed towards someone else but always at the person that it settled within.

The noises that played in her ears didn't make sense as she pushed the volume of the Ipod up, hoping that she could drown out the feelings that punished her. Then she clicked the button again, sending the message out just so she could delete it from her Inbox.

As the message disappeared it was quickly replaced by another one, this time from Leslie. Quickly she opened it, eager to read it from this sender. Her eyes wolfed down the words, hurrying to read them before she typed another reply. This time her heart poured out as she felt the words spill with sudden ease. It was easier to talk to this her, easier to open up to Leslie.

More words spilled forth and slowly the feeling of sadness and self-hatred faded. As the next message appeared her eyes rushed over then and then it seemed like everything paused...

Her eyes were wide, her fingers poised over the keys and slowly a smile etched it's way across her face. Her hand scrambed to find it, the glittering silver Ipod that was placed lazily against the desk. Quickly she clicked it on, pressing the keys in earnest as she stared at the bright screen. As she scrolled through the long list of artists she almost passed the name but then she stopped, settling the blue bar across the black letters. Her thumb tapped furiously against the small pad as she pushed it down to the song that held the words she ached so desperately for. She hesitated for a second.

Just one second.

Play.

The notes echoed though her mind as her eyes fluttered closed and she could feel them dancing through her thoughts.

When I see your smile
Tears roll down my face I can't replace
And now that I'm strong I have figured out
How this world turns cold and it breaks through my soul
And I know I'll find deep inside me I can be the one


The smile slowly spread farther across her face as she heard the words spilling from the small headphones placed in her ears.

I will never let you fall (let you fall)
I'll stand up with you forever
I'll be there for you through it all (through it all)
Even if saving you sends me to heaven


An absolute feeling of happiness filled her. The lyrics played gently along the edge of her mind as she felt the words that she had just read across the screen settling in her head.

It's okay. It's okay. It's okay.
Seasons are changing
And waves are crashing
And stars are falling all for us
Days grow longer and nights grow shorter
I can show you I'll be the one


Then there was a soft chime, her eyes opened again and widened at the message in her inbox. Her breathing was slightly labored as she struggled to type a reply. With a deep breath she opened it, trying to ignore the capitalized words, trying to ignore the fear that settled in her heart.

I will never let you fall (let you fall)
I'll stand up with you forever
I'll be there for you through it all (through it all)
Even if saving you sends me to heaven


The lyrics barged their way into her mind, fighting against the anguish that threatened to overwhelem. Tears fell slowly from her eyes as she felt the absolute war raging in her mind. Then it stopped...

It wasn't silent. It wasn't quiet in the least. But that's what helped her.

Cause you're my, you're my, my, my true love, my whole heart
Please don't throw that away
Cause I'm here for you
Please don't walk away and
Please tell me you'll stay woah, stay woah


The anguish scurried from her mind as she took in a deep breath, trying to even out her racing heartbeat. Her thoughts traveled to the person who had told her the words just moments earlier.

Use me as you will
Pull my strings just for a thrill
And I know I'll be okay
Though my skies are turning gray


Quickly she pushed the words out while the sense of peace was still fresh in her mind. Then, while she still felt this high off of the music, off of the words that where sent to her, she hit the send button and quickly pulled out of the Inbox. Her eyes scurried to the other tab and she quickly went to that one.

I will never let you fall
I'll stand up with you forever
I'll be there for you through it all
Even if saving you sends me to heaven


Slowly the words began to fade but the meaning never did, she could still feel them in her heart, in her mind as she tried to put it into words. Words failed her, there was nothing, nothing that could ever express the absolute happiness and utter thanks that filled her heart.

Again her hands paused over the keys, no words, no words could ever put this into perspective. Her eyes blurred again as a smile pulled her lips up. More tears graced her cheeks but this time, it wasn't self-hatred or sadness that filled her heart.

No.

It was absolute elation, absolute thanks that filled her thoughts all directed to one person.

'It's because of you that I am here right now.. I know that if you hadn't of been here right now, That if you weren't talking to me I would have done something really stupid...So thank you, Leslie..'

Her eyes scanned the words and without hesitation she sent them. They couldn't possible express half the amount of the thanks and love that she felt but it would have to do.

(A/N: To my lovely friend, I can never, ever express the utter amount of thanks and love that I feel for you. You helped me so much today. I know that I would have done something stupid today if you hadn't have been here to talk to me. Thank you so much. Huggles! I love you!)
Sign up to rate and review this story