Categories > Celebrities > My Chemical Romance

Reaching For Light

by UnderAPaperMoon 3 reviews

Juniper Carson is only 15, but she has been through the unthinkable...

Category: My Chemical Romance - Rating: R - Genres: Drama,Romance - Warnings: [!] [V] - Published: 2011-09-14 - Updated: 2011-09-19 - 483 words

0Unrated
It all happened in a rush. Her feet seemed to carry her where she wanted to go without her mind even telling her. The distant calls of her brother Riley were beckoning her to come back, but she didn't even have the will to listen. Her vision was blurred from the tears, and her face was throbbing from the pain. The pain of a violent blow to her head... left by the one who should love her the most.

"You're almost there Juni... Just a few more blocks, Juni, and you're safe..." she thought to her self. Her heavy breathing and the heaviness of her steps increased. The closer she got, the more she felt as if she would never make it.

But there it was. The small yellow house. At least that's what it looked like. But for Juni, it was a beaker of hope. A safe haven.

She stumbled up the steps and hurled her small fists to the door.

A girl around her size opened the door and caught her as she tripped forward.

"Again?" she asked sadly as she walked Juni up to her room. When they were inside, Autumn closed and locked the door.

That's when the tears came. They flowed down her cheeks uncontrollably as her body shook with silent grief.

"It was horrible, Autumn. I've seen him this angry. Ever. And I don't even know what I did." she managed to whisper between hushed sniffles, and hiccups.

"I know, I know... Shhh, you're okay now. You can stay her for as long as you need to." Autumn comforted her as she rubbed her back and sat on the bed next to her.

"C-C-Can I call Gerard or Frankie? I stayed over here last week and... And I wouldn't want your parents to get suspicious." Her pleading pale green eyes seemed to convince Autumn, and she went to get her cordless phone from her parents' bedroom.

"Here," she said as she handed over the phone. "They're both in the phone book.

Juni tried to wipe away the tears roughly, but winced when she hit the tender spot around her eye. Scrolling through the phone's contacts, she sat still as Autumn examined her eye.

"It's really red, June."

"I know."

The phone dialed and she waited for an answer from Frankie. He picked up on the first ring.

"Hello?"

"Hi, Frankie..." she muttered monotonously.

"I'll be right over, Junebug."

"Thanks, Frankie." she sniffled and clicked the phone off.

"He's coming to get me. I need to hide for a few days... It's not safe for me at home."

"What about your brother?"

"He's going with his mom. My dad's visitation is over. So he should be okay." As she said this, she gnashed her teeth.

And so they waited. They lay on the floor and stared at the ceiling as the waited for Juni's knight in shining armor.
Sign up to rate and review this story