Categories > Celebrities > My Chemical Romance > The Day the Sky Turned Black

And I Promise I Won't Tell

by StaticDetenator 1 review

Frank and Ray's POV

Category: My Chemical Romance - Rating: PG-13 - Genres: Drama,Romance - Characters: Frank Iero,Gerard Way,Mikey Way,Ray Toro - Published: 2011-09-25 - Updated: 2011-09-26 - 1824 words - Complete

0Unrated
Head resting on the couch arm my eyes stay locked to the tiny, glowing LCD screen on my phone. It continues to ring, letting me know that her phone is indeed on.

“Answer please,” I whisper just as the call connects.

“Hello Frank,” her voice sounds; loud noise in the background making hard to hear anything else she is saying.

“Where are you?”

Silence, then I hear coughing but the music is gone. Giggles can be heard and something that sounds like kissing, “Gee stop, it’s just Frank, I’ll be back. Hey, sorry Frank, we’re rehearsing new songs right now.”

“It sounds like your doing a little more than rehearsing,” I observe just a little bit disappointed.

“Frankie, come on, don’t be jealous, “Molly says still sounding a little bit tired. “You’ll find a girl.”

“I already have,” I grumble, “only she’s with this other guy.”

“Oh, really,” Molly says laughing a little.

“Come on Molly, you know we’re meant to be,” I add on knowing she’s not taking any of this seriously.”

“Frankie you’re adorable,” she says giggling some more.

“See you around princess.”

The phone call ends, leaving me feeling nothing but disappointed. Give up Frank, the little voice in my head jeers; she’s never going to like you. It’s the truth. Why would Molly want someone like me is she’s got Gerard?

Groaning I toss my phone onto the coffee table, moving into the kitchen to get some food. It’s twelve in the afternoon and I’ve still not had breakfast.

Just as I place the pan on the over the doorbell rings. Before I even have time to answer it, Frankie, Mikey and Gerard’s sister comes storming in, grocery bag in hand.

She looks at the pan and rolls her eyes, “You know those pans are tested by animals.”

Frowning at her bad joke I continue to fix my bar of soy, “What’s your problem?”

“Molly,” Frankie says viciously, tossing a bag of Skittles on the table. “Ever since she’s been dating Gerard he’s not the same.” She pauses for a second, looking at me, “Why so glum Frank?”

I sigh, “Molly.”

Frankie gives me a stern look, “Get over her.”

Closing my eyes I try not to snap at her. I’ve known Molly since the fourth grade; I think I’ve liked her since then too. She’s my best friend. If I was to get over her it’d be a miracle. I can’t help it; I’m in love with Frankie’s older brother’s girlfriend.

“I can’t,” I answer stabbing a bit of my soy and shoving it into my mouth, the hot mixture burning my tongue. “Fuck.”

As the fork clatters to the ground, Frankie laughs at me, pulling at the corner of the Skittles bag until she gets it open. Popping a few in her mouth she offers the bag to me. Accepting I dump a couple in my hand, tossing them straight into my mouth.

“Frank Anthony Iero, get your head out of the clouds and realize she’s just not a girl you should date,” Frankie says backing me up against the counter.


“Oh yeah,” I answer my voice rising even though I try to keep it even, “and who should I date then?”

Instead of answering Frankie presses her soft lips to mine, her hand gently tugging at my hair which is getting a little long. Caught by surprise I push her away, wiping my lips on the back of my sleeve trying to get the lip gloss off.

It wasn’t like it was bad or anything I just wasn’t expecting that to happen. Frankie normally doesn’t act to rashly.

“Sorry,” I mumble turning back to my pan and shoving more food into my mouth.

“My fault, I shouldn’t have done that,” Frankie answers sitting herself down at the table. “So what are you going to do to win Molly away from my brother?”

Shrugging I chew slowly thinking this over, “I don’t know, I could write her a song.”

Frankie laughs, “You’re such a hopeless romantic Frank.”




Ray’s POV

We’ve finished two more songs that Molly will edit for us later. Gerard is sitting, his back against the wall scribbling away in his lyrics journal, the rest of us messing around. Molly picks up my guitar, randomly strumming, creating shit in her head, when Matt would hear something he liked he’s just start playing.

This goes on for almost four hours. Gerard writing lyrics for music Matt and Molly continue to bump out. Although my guitar skills are at a higher level than Gerard’s current girlfriend the things she comes up with are amazing; things I’d never be able to come up with off the top of my head.

Scribbling notes down as fast as I can, Gerard sings out random lines about biting people and other shit that I don’t quiet understand. Suddenly Molly just stops, Matt continuing on his rhythm off just a little bit.

“Play just a tad slower, Matt, you’re getting faster as we go on,” Molly says kindly before jumping right back in where she left off; they’d been playing the same thing for about ten minutes now.

“Here,” Molly says handing over the guitar as Matt looses beat yet again. She’s too nice to get onto him about not being able to keep up.

Following the notes Matt and I play as Molly and Gerard sing, Gee occasionally stopping and changing a few words. This goes on for two hours. By the end of this rehearsal we have two new songs to add to Skylines and Turnstiles, Vampires Will Never Hurt You and This Is The Best Day Ever.

For a straight thirty minutes the room is silent before Gerard starts to sing,

“We could be perfect one last night,
And die like star crossed lovers when we fight.
And we can settle this affair,
If you would shed your yellow.
Take my hand and then
We'll solve the mystery of laceration gravity,
This riddle of revenge.
Please understand that it has to be this way and
Stand
Up fucking tall,
Don't let them see your back and
Take
My fucking hand,
And never be afraid again.
We've only got one chance to put things at an end,
And cross the patron saint of switchblade fights.
You said,
We're not celebrities,
We spark and fade,
They die by threes
I'll make you
Understand,
And you can trade me for an apparition
Stand
Up fucking tall,
Don't let them see your back and
Take my fucking hand,
And never
Trust.
You said, who put the words in your head?
Oh how wrong we were to thinking
That immortality meant never dying.
Stand...
Take my fucking hand...
Take my fucking...
Stand up fucking tall
Don't let them see your back
Take my fucking hand
and never be afraid again

Just because my hand's around your throat!

Everyone but Molly sits in utter shock wonder where the hell that had just come form. I can see the wheels in Molly’s head turning and quickly hand her my guitar. It’s not tuned like hers but the guitar part for the craziness Gerard has just produced pour out of her brain and onto the guitar strings. Because she is not using a pick, Molly’s fingers start to bleed; I don’t even think she’s notices. Again she plays, the same thing, adding little things here. Eventually Matt plays, staying on time, Gerard’s voice carrying over the instruments.

Mikey walks upstairs, plopping down on the couch, wearing the biggest grin on his face. As always his glasses are on the end of his nose, forcing him to look up under them if he wants to see anything at all.

“What’s up Mikey?” Molly asks, fixing her tank top that has been riding up to reveal her belly button piercing, before flopping down on the couch, her head resting in the youngest Way’s lap.

He smiles, taking her hat from her and putting it on his head, backwards, just like Molly was wearing it. Her oversized arm boots hang over the couch arm. I don’t see how those things don’t fall off her feet.

“I have a band name,” Mikey answers still smiling widely.


“And…” Gerard says.


“And I also went to pick up Ivory from the hospital today. She’s doing much better. I’m taking her to dinner on Tuesday. Um…Mo, can I borrow your car?” Mikey asks, looking down at Molly who is now blowing large pink bubbles with her gum.

“Of course Mikey, you can borrow it whenever you need to,” Molly answers. “I’m glad things between you and Ivory are still good.”

Mikey smiles so big I’m surprised it doesn’t hurt his jaw. Mikey and Ivory have been together forever. I don’t think anything will come between those two.

“You guys should know she lost her brother,” Mikey says before quickly changing the topic. “You guys sound really good. I hear it from downstairs. Gee you went a little heavy on the ‘f’ word.”

Molly laughs getting up and moving to hug Gerard who wraps his arms around her tiny waist, “I liked it.”

Gerard kisses Molly’s nose, her instinct to try and bite him. She’s like a wild animal. It’s adorable though. I’ve been around Molly long enough to know she does whatever the fuck she feels like and you just get used to it.

“You should join us Mikey, then maybe you’d give us that name,” Gee suggests. “We need a bassist.”

Just as Molly goes to agree her phone sounds, playing on of Frank’s songs. Groaning she jumps over the couch back, slumping down low so only her head is propped up. I wonder if she thinks that will give her privacy.

“What Frank,” she says sounding a little aggravated.

“Oh, sorry Frankie, why are you there. No, I won’t tell. I’m on my way. Of course I’m coming alone. No I don’t care that it’s dangerous. Go back inside Frankie.”

“Wait,” Gerard stops Molly as she goes to grab her skateboard. “What’s going on?”

“You’re sister, I promised I wouldn’t tell,” Molly says quickly before kissing Gee on the forehead.

We can hear the wheels of her skateboard hitting the steps and hardwood floors of Matt’s house as she leaves. I just hope that wherever she is going Molly stays safe and that Frankie gets out alive. That kid means the world to Gerard and Mikey, if she got hurt I don’t know what they’d do.
Sign up to rate and review this story