Categories > Celebrities > Panic! At The Disco > Almost

(40) Fame

by XxPerfectTomorrowxX 4 reviews

Kacy gets a small glimpse in to how her life will change when married to Brendon. Is she ready for everyone to know everything about her? She doesn't even know what secrets she wants to hide.

Category: Panic! At The Disco - Rating: PG-13 - Genres: Romance - Published: 2011-10-04 - Updated: 2011-10-04 - 1464 words - Complete

3Original

The next morning brought cold air and bad moods. The wind blew my air all around my face as I walked in to my school, quickly met by a temperature change and peoples curious stares.

I was tired, I hadn't gotten a lot of sleep the night before since Brendon and I had decided to celebrate the rest of my birthday and our impending marriage by getting a bunch of junk food and watching an array of movies on the couch. It all felt familiar but made me uncomfortable because I couldn't remember why.

It was like deja-vu yet not as clear which was strange because the doctor I talked to before being released told me that I wouldn't have deja-vu. Well I was pretty sure I was having some form of it so screw medical experts.

"What's wrong?" Lisa asked, catching up with me as I reached my locker. I hadn't heard her call my name out and I guess my expression was betraying how I felt. What was wrong? I felt as if I were mad at nothing. There was no need for this negativity but it was so hard to push away.

"Nothing." I said, plastering a smile to my face as I turned to face her. "You look gorgeous today." I said, trying to change the subject. It was true though. Lisa was very beautiful.

"Thanks." Lisa said, grinning. "You look like a rockstars future wife." She said.

I bit my bottom lip, "What exactly does that mean?" I asked her, not really getting the compliment.

Lisa shrugged, "It was supposed to mean that you look utterly flawless."

"Oh." I said, looking at my feet as I shut my locker. Utterly flawless? That would never be me.

Someone came up to us which made me look up as I waited for the girl to speak. She looked shocked in to silence though. "Hi, can we help you?" I asked, slightly concerned for the girl.

"Is it true?" The girl asked, sounding excited as she clutched on to the magazine in her hand, lifting it to show me the page she was on.

With shaky hands I reached out and took the magazine from her. As I did she got a good glimpse of my ring and let out a squeal yelling out, "She's marrying Brendon Urie!" What the hell?

There was a picture of Brendon and myself. Where did they get that? Where did they take that picture? Were there people watching us here? I don't know why it was so surprising but for some reason I felt untouchable at home. This place had once felt safe but not anymore. I dropped the magazine and turned away, staring at the locker door as I tried to compose myself. The article talked about Brendon being seen buying a ring and then there was a statement released from Brendon. "Kacy and I are just at that point in our relationship." Was all that I had read. I don't know why it made me so angry but I felt violated. I had just said yes last night. The article had been released before that.

"What the hell?" Lisa asked, cautiously picking the magazine up off of the ground and reading the article. The other girl had wandered away and I could see people in the hallway slowly looking towards me, curiously. "How the hell would they know this? Oh." She shut up when she read the part about Brendon releasing a statement. "Well, that's weird. Brendon didn't tell you that he said anything?" Lisa asked, apprehensively.

I shook my head. "He didn't bother to tell me anything." What's new? "He gave a definite answer. It says right here that we are getting married in September of next year. I didn't even know that! I hadn't even said yes yet when he said these things." I said, pointing at the part of the article that I had read. "He didn't even take in to account the fact that I could say no." I said, softly. Did he have our whole life planned already? I felt as if he was slowly releasing details to me but I really didn't have a say.

"He was probably just excited." Lisa whispered since people were openly staring at us both now. "People say things like this all the time."

"People give set dates to weddings that haven't even been decided on yet?" I asked, bitterly.

Lisa shrugged. "He really loves you." She said, not able to find any other words.

"I really love him too." I said in utter disbelief that he could be so stupid sometimes. "But things like this... hurt." I said, uncomfortably entwining my fingers so that I'd have something to mess with. "It's like he doesn't think of me at all. He might as well be marrying himself."

Thankfully the bell rang so Lisa and I quietly made our way down the hall, ignoring the stares and whispers. Lisa had fallen silent but I could tell she wanted to say something. I didn't want to talk about it anymore though.

Halfway through first period my phone started vibrating and I pulled it out, peaking at it under the desk. Brendon. -Would you be okay with doing a double date tonight? Ryan and his girlfriend want to hit the movies with us.-

-I don't know.- I texted back, unsure about how I would confront Brendon or if I even really wanted to. Was the fighting worth it?

Brendon immediately texted back, -What's wrong?-

Was I that transparent, even through text? Did I really want to bring this up over text? I couldn't just lie until I got home. -I'll call you on break.- I texted him, not even sure what to say but I knew I had to say something. This was kind of ridiculous. I felt like he wouldn't let me in on my own life.

**

Break didn't come quickly enough and as I walked down the steps of the school I pulled out my cell phone and settled on the fact that no matter where I went people would probably eavesdrop with all of their might.

Brendon's phone rang a few times before he picked up, sounding slightly irritated. "What's wrong? Did someone do something to you there again? Is it those damn girls? They need to go to jail. I want to know who the fuck they were." He said quickly in to the phone and then breathlessly asked again, "What's wrong?"

The fact that he cared so much about me made it so hard for me to be mad at him. I sighed in to the phone, "It's- uh nothing." I said, not really wanting to talk about it anymore. He was too sweet to make me mad. I said yes so why did it matter?

"No, tell me. Do I need to come down there?" Brendon asked and I could hear his car keys.

"No!" I objected quickly, there would be no worse humiliation than having Brendon come down to the school and make me feel like I needed his constant protection. I was fine. "It's just... I read an article in a magazine today and well..." I trailed off, swallowing hard. My throat suddenly seemed tighter than usual but I forced the words out. "It was an article about us getting married in September." I could hear Brendon drop his keys on to the counter and he sighed audibly as I continued, "The weird thing is the article was published before you had even asked me if I wanted to marry you." I concluded.

"Kacy, about that... I may have gotten ahead of myself." Brendon started trying to explain himself, not even sure of what all he had to say. Now he felt like a jack ass.

"Just a little bit." I whispered, "Brendon... when you're making all of these plans do you even really think of me? Or do you just assume that everything will go according to plan?"

"I kind of just assume." Brendon admitted quietly.

"That's what I thought." I started losing the conviction I had started this argument with. I knew I was right but I really didn't want to be. Brendon may make mistakes but... so do I. So what if he assumed a few things? I wouldn't let it ruin how I felt about him. "I love you." I said, cutting off the argument.

Brendon breathed out deeply, "I love you too Kacy. I'm so so-"

I cut him off, not wanting this argument to go any further. "I love you but I have to go to class. Breaks over. Tell Ryan I'd be delighted to go to the movies with him and his girlfriend." I said, hanging up.



**
Sign up to rate and review this story