Categories > Celebrities > Panic! At The Disco

Better Than Me

by Accio-Spencer-Smith 2 reviews

I can't describe it. I make it up as I go along.

Category: Panic! At The Disco - Rating: R - Genres: Drama - Published: 2011-10-04 - Updated: 2011-10-05 - 768 words

0Unrated
"WE'RE READY MOM! SPENNY AND I ARE LEAVING NOW!" Called a scrawny, 6-year-old Ryan Ross. Dressed as Superman with a battered plastic pumpkin in hand, Ryan grabbed the wrist of his best friend Spencer Smith, who was a year younger than he and dressed as a Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtle. It was October 31, 1992. The two boys excitedly dashed out the door of the small one-story Ross household and into the cool, crisp Las Vegas air. It was only 8:00 pm, and both boys had unsuccessfully tried to convince their parents to let them to go out at 10:00 to go trick-or-treating with the big kids. It wasn't completely dark, but the big October moon boosted the Halloween morale. There were kids no older than 8 out sporting various Marvel comics costumes, along with their parents snapping pictures every 2 seconds. Spencer started prancing down the road, and stopped, realizing Ryan wasn't following him. Ryan had dropped his pumpkin and was excitedly motioning Spencer towards him. Wanting to collect his candy, Spencer mouthed "Not Again!" Ryan shook his head and started to jump up and down. Spencer sighed, knowing nothing would change Ryan's mind. He reluctantly abandoned his bucket, and tailed Ryan, who was already jogging towards the woods.
Every year, Ryan had wanted to go through the woods. All of the older kids in the neighborhood had told terrifying stories about them. It was a known fact that a man by the name of Joe Issac had gone into the woods ten years ago, and died. But how he died, remains a mystery. The stories range from "he was possessed and forced to kill himself" to "a haunted saw chopped off his head." Whatever happened, it didn't scare Ryan, but it sure scared Spencer. When he caught up with Ryan, he grabbed his wrist and said,
"Are you sure you want to do this?" Ryan nodded confidently, and hand in hand the two boys ventured into the pitch-black woods. After tripping over several branches, rocks, and shrubs, and giving multiple pep-talks, they reached a clearing. It was completely dark now, and the tree branches overhead shielded them from the moon looming over them. There was nothing around but trees, and the occasional "Whooooo" from the owls in the distance. Spencer tiger at Ryan's sleeve.
"Ryan, I think we should go back. I'm so freaked out." he muttered nervously.
"Hey hey, relax. Those are just stories anyway." replied Ryan, turning over a large rock, only to be greeted by a large centipede. Then, there was a snap CRACK! directly to the left. Spencer grew wide-eyed and froze. Ryan spun towards the direction if the noise. Seconds passed, then minutes. They figured thy had probably imagined it. Then, there was an even louder CRACK! in the exact same direction. Terrified, Spencer tubes at Ryan's sleeve again. Ryan stammered,
"It-ts p-probably nothing S-p-pence." They slowly started to back away. Then came a series of twigs snapping. Spencer started to whimper. Ryan practically squeezed his arm to death. Then a pair of yellow bulbous eyes appeared in the shrubs. Ryan emitted such a high-pitched shriek you wouldn't have believed it came from a human if you weren't right next to him. Spencer and Ryan ran, screaming at the top of their lungs all the way back to their house.
"And then," Ryan choked inbetween laughs, "we like, pushed all the chairs to the door so the ghost wouldn't get in-"
"And our moms were like 'What happened' and we were sobbing so hard!" Spencer laughed. Jon took a swig of his beer and shook his head.
"Damn, you guys were some messed up kids." The tour bus made a sharp turn, sending them all flying into eachother, and resulted in Jon spilling beer on Brendon. Brendon scowled, then excused himself to go change his tee shirt. Spencer re positioned himself on the couch and said,
"You did have a pretty girl scream though."
"That wasn't my really scream, that was my scream of utter terror. Nd besides I was six." Ryan said, strumming his guitar.
"Yeah, just like you're not high when you write songs, you're just "enhancing your creativity with various substances'." Jon scoffed. Just then, Brendon emerged from the bedroom sporting Spencer's high-school gym tshirt.
"If you'll excuse me, I'm gonna go get high. Anyone who wants to join is welcome." Ryan declared, walking over to the front of the bus. Jon got up and followed him, asking,
"Don't you mean enhancing your creativity with various substances?" When they heard the door shut, Brendon moved closer to Spencer. At long last, they were alone.
Sign up to rate and review this story