Categories > Celebrities > My Chemical Romance > So Wrong

Move Your Body When The Sunlight Dies

by Alala19 1 review

:D Yay, new chapter.

Category: My Chemical Romance - Rating: PG-13 - Genres: Drama,Romance - Characters: Bob Bryar,Frank Iero,Gerard Way,Mikey Way,Ray Toro - Warnings: [!] - Published: 2011-10-07 - Updated: 2011-10-07 - 2910 words

1Exciting
“Hello?” I said into the phone, turning my back to Frank, who was watching my every move. Almost as if he was studying me; and my behavior would reveal to him just what was on my mind, and what I was going to talk to him about.

“Hey you.” Dylan’s voice greeted me, causing me to smile. I walked out of the room leaving the awkward tension behind, and sat on my bed.

“So bout tomorrow, we’re going to mom and dad’s..” he said bluntly. My jaw dropped, and my heart got caught in my throat. He goes straight to the point doesn’t he?

“What do you mean ‘we’? I’m not going anywhere near that place.” I said matter of factly. Seriously, he must’ve known I would put up a fight, and it would take a hell of a lot of effort to get me to agree to this.

“Yes you are, and no arguments. Anyway, were staying the night, so you’ll wanna pack some stuff.” he ordered, not phased by my refusal to go. I narrowed my eyes, even though I knew he couldn’t see it.

“Dylan, I’m not going. End of.” I said stubbornly. I wasn’t going to fight over this. No way in hell would I be going ten feet within my parents. That’s basically suicide; I didn’t feel like spending a day of my own life sitting there while they threw me dirty looks and harsh comments.

“Yes you are Max. It’s already arranged.” he ordered. I shook my head, adamant that I won’t give up. I am not going and that’s final. “Look, me and Billy are announcing her pregnancy, and Cameron and his wife are gonna be there. Look, I want you there ok?” he sighed. My heart sunk. The thought of seeing Cameron again over whelmed me; and the fact I’d get to finally meet his wife. And it is a special occasion. The thought of seeing Cameron over powered the downside of seeing my parents again; and I sighed.

I can’t believe I’m going to do this. I must be completely insane.

“Fine.” I sighed, regretting even agreeing to this. “But you owe me, and if they so much as shoot a smart ass comment in my direction, I’m leaving ok?” I demanded. I was not gonna sit there listening to their comments. I wouldn’t be surprised if the night ends in chaos. I think Dylan feared the same thing.

“Just don’t rise to their comments ok? You’re better than that.” he assured me. Told you he’d fear it.

“Ok. I’m only doing this to see Cameron.” I reminded him, and he laughed.

“You’re going, and that’s all that matters.” he said, before surprising me even more. “I already spoke to Eli, and told him you can’t make it to work tomorrow, and he said that’s fine.” he said, and my jaw dropped.

“So you were planning on forcing me to go anyway?” I asked disbelievingly.

“Errr... No comment.”



I packed my clothes into a bag, and packed my toiletries, before choosing my outfit for the dinner. I’m not dressing up formally. They can kiss my fucking ass, if that’s what they’re expecting. I decided on a pair of black Bermudas, and a summer dress over it, in a cream and black patterned fabric. That’s as formal as I’ll ever get for them. The thought of even seeing them again made my stomach churn. Imagine what it’ll be like actually being in the same room as them. I shuddered and decided to go to bed early. I’ll need all the energy I have just to refrain myself from jumping over the table and attacking them. I hope they didn’t expect me to be polite, because it’ll be impossible for me to be polite to them after all the shit they’ve managed to put me though.


I stood by the tank, taking a sip of water from my water bottle. The heat was getting to me really bad. A small child approached me with a smile on his face. He grabbed my hand, and we walked down the sand street, with the rest of my troop; holding my gun tightly, and protectively in my other hand.

This was a regular occurrence. Small children insisting on walking us through their town. Either they were grateful for our presence in their country, or they longed for our protection. The type that can only be achieved when walking with a large troop of heavily armed officers. It was nice as oppose to some children, who would approach us with guns in their hands, attempting to shoot us. That was a disturbing image.

It was difficult to see such young children living in such conditions. My heart longed to protect them all, and get them out of this country into the safety of our own; but I knew I couldn’t. this was my job, and I had to remain strong. After all, what’s the point in a weak soldier?

I looked around at my other troops; small children scattered around, clinging to certain soldiers tightly. I met eyes with pair of twinkling emerald green ones, and smiled, before turning away. My heart skipped a beat as I felt their gaze remain on me. After all this time, those eyes still had that effect on me.



The sound of my alarm clock woke me, and I slammed my hand down on it, cutting it off abruptly. I lay back down, but sat bolt upright as my head hit the pillow. Today was the dinner with my parents. I groaned, and grabbed my pillow, and chucked it at the wall in temper. I hate them. Why did I agree to even do this in the first place? I got out of bed reluctantly, showered and dressed.

I walked down stairs, and ignored Frank and Mikey’s presence as I put some bread in the toaster, and turned the kettle on. I threw my head back, trying to think up a believable excuse as to why I ‘couldn’t make it today’. Nerves spiking up all over my body, and my stomach twisting and turning with nerves.

“Morning.” a voice said, bringing me out of my thoughts. I turned my head, to see both Mikey and Frank looking at me expectantly.

“Huh?” I asked confused. They both burst out laughing, causing Mikey to start choking. Frank patted his back, and Mikey drank some of his coffee, soothing his coughing attack.

“We said morning.” Frank said with a smirk playing along his lips. He seemed happier again today; almost as though he had forgotten about our awkward, nearly confession confrontation yesterday.

“Morning.” I replied, before turning around sharply as both the kettle finished boiling, and the toast in the toaster popped up simultaneously. I buttered my toast, before making my coffee. I set them on the table and sat down opposite the two boys.

“Are you ok? You seem a little tense”. frank noticed. I looked up and met his hazel eyes. Something in them was trying to tell me something, but I couldn’t understand it. I looked down at my mug of hot coffee. The steam from it, seeming to soothe me a little bit; putting me into a trance like state as I watched it float around aimlessly, before evaporating.

“I’m just nervous.” I said simply. I snapped out of my trance and looked up at both their patient expressions. “Dylan’s making me go over to my parents for a dinner thing.” I said, and they both pulled faces, showing that they understood. Frank’s eyes seemed to glimmer, catching my attention.



“Max!” I heard Dylan call, as Mikey let him in. “You ready?” he asked, entering the room. I looked up at him from my seat on the sofa, to see his impatient expression. I nodded and reluctantly stood up, and ran upstairs to collect my stuff. “Hurry up.” Dylan shouted to me up the stairs. I rolled my eyes. I was deliberately taking my time, in hopes he’d leave without me, but so far no luck. I sighed and grabbed my bag, running down the stairs, and shouted ‘bye’ to Mikey as I raced past him, and shut the front door behind me. I made my way to Dylan’s car, but he stopped me

“You’re riding with Frank.” he said, and I stared up at him blankly.

“Frank?” I asked, not really understanding what he was talking about. What has Frank got to do with this?

“Yeah, Frank’s coming, and you’re riding with him.” he explained slowly, as if I was dumb.
My eyes widened in horror and my jaw dropped.

“What do you mean ‘he’s coming with us?’ why?” I asked, throwing my head back in annoyance. I am not spending time in the same room as both Frank, and my parents. I just know today is going to end up as one massive disaster. I can feel it in my blood.

I could hit Dylan for inviting Frank along. Ok, so he didn’t know, but still, I’ll get him back for this…somehow.

“Look, I know what it’ll be like, all awkward between you, mum and dad. If Frank’s there, then it’ll keep you occupied, and you’ll have someone to talk to. Plus, everyone will be there in pairs. You’ll fit in.” he told me. He obviously didn’t think that it was that much of a big deal, but he didn’t know, so to him he thought he was helping me. How very wrong. Now, I know for sure some things are going to be said tonight, and those things involve certain secrets of which Frank doesn’t know yet. I know the way my mum’s mind works. I’m so dreading this.

“I am not pretending to be dating Frank. You can piss off, if that’s what you think.” I spat, and Dylan shook his head.

“No, just as friends.” he confirmed.

I’m so dreading this.

“Dylan I fucking hate you right now.” I growled, glaring at him. He stared down at me with confused, knitted eyebrows, before it appeared as if a light bulb had gone off above his head.

“Have you two fallen out, and had an argument or something?” he asked, worry evident on his voice. I shook my head and looked at the floor, scuffing my feet.

“No.” I said simply. But I knew it would end up in a big one though, and that’s what I’m afraid of. I looked up, and saw Dylan’s blue eyes looking down at me skeptically. I glared at him.

“Don’t look at me like that… I’m still angry with you.” I said, before grabbing my bag, shooting him one last glare, and storming to Frank’s car. Well, actually it’s Mikey’s car, but he’s obviously letting us borrow it. Y’no, with Frank being famous, you’d think he’d me wealthier, and own a car himself. Maybe he does, and he’s hiding that from me too.



I opened the trunk and put my bag in it, before slamming it closed. I looked up and saw Dylan watching me with a worried expression on his face. He knew something was wrong, and it wasn’t because he had invited frank along. Well ok, maybe it was partly to do with that.

I flipped him off, before getting into the passenger seat and slamming the door closed behind me. I made a mental note to apologize to Mikey about that when we get back. Poor car.

“Whoa! What’s up?” frank asked. I closed my eyes and inhaled a deep breath of air, counting to ten in my head. It was really difficult not to blow up on him and demand answers; if that happened, I definitely wouldn’t be able to see Cameron. Seeing Cameron again, was the only thing keeping me going today.

I opened my eyes, and turned to see frank’s observing me, before he nodded and started the car; he wasn’t convinced one bit, but he didn’t push for answers.



We followed Billy and Dylan in the car, in silence. Music coming from the stereo, but not loud. There was no conversation besides the little snips here and there. Frank concentrating on his driving, and me on how I’m going to be able to bite my tongue all day. We pulled to a stop after about 3 or 4 hours and I looked around, revealing that we were in a driveway to a beach house. God, they did like to go for expensive stuff, didn’t they?

“Whoa. Your parents are rich?” frank asked me in awe, as he turned to look at me. I shrugged, turning to meet his gaze. Awe and amazement written across his face, giving him a childish aura.

“Don’t know. They never used to be.” I shrugged and scrunched up my face. I was too preoccupied to pay any attention to any detail of the house.

“Shall we go? You ready?” he asked, still watching me. My heart rate rose and my breathing became erratic. I was nervous. No doubt about it.

“Whoa Max, your having a panic attack.” frank said, as he dove into the little compartment in his side of the door. Everything became dizzy and I heard a low buzzing in my ears. I felt something being put over my mouth, and I heard faint voices over the buzzing, telling me to breath in and out deeply and slowly. I obeyed, and after a few minutes, the buzzing and dizziness subsided, and my chest no longer felt as though my heart and lungs were being ripped from my rib cage. I allowed my breathing to return to a normal level. I opened my eyes to see 6 eyes staring at me.

“Does she get panic attacks a lot?” Frank asked, as Billy stroked my forehead soothingly. Whatever was over my mouth was removed and I saw sight of a brown paper bag. I should’ve known. Mikey probably kept in here in case he had an asthma attack, and didn’t have his inhaler.

“Yeah she had loads as a kid.” Dylan said, and I tried to sit up. You’d get them too, If you were about to go through what I was about to go through. Someone pressed my shoulder down, leaving me unable to sit up.

“Oh no you don’t. Not yet. Just relax.” Dylan said paternally. I rolled my eyes.

“You shoulda seen her as a kid. She’d have a big attack right before a boxing fight, and then she’d have another one when she found out she won. She’s a right dork.” Dylan laughed, and I glared at him, causing both Billy and frank to emit chuckles too. Yeah, thanks for that. Embarrassing much?

“I’m ready to go now.” I said impatiently, and fed up of being fussed over.


We all stood at the door, waiting for my parents to open the door and let us in. knowing my mom, she’d be trying to fix her hair or panicking that her lipstick wasn’t as bright as it should be. Frank grabbed my hand and squeezed it. I looked up at him and he smiled at me reassuringly. I looked away, breaking the eye contact as the door opened. I couldn’t even he bothered to pretend to be nice to him at the minute. As the door opened, I caught sight of my parents. My mum’s copper hair piled up elegantly on her head, her grey eyes glimmering happily, contrasting with her hair perfectly. Honestly, she looked beautiful. Shame beauty is only skin deep.

“Dylan, Belinda.” she gasped, wrapping her arms around them happily. They chuckled in her embrace and I felt the anger begin to rise in my body. She was never that happy to see me, and she never hugged me like that before. I bit my tongue and refrained myself from saying something I’d later regret. My mom let them go, and she watched with a happy smile as my dad embraced them, before Dylan and Billy disappeared inside the house.

Her eyes landed on me and frank, and the hairs on my body stood on end and goose bumps ripped across my skin under their gaze. Frank squeezed my hand so tight; I swear the tips of my fingers had turned blue.

“Hello, I haven’t seen you before. My names Vanessa, and this is my husband Pete.” she said pointing to herself and my dad, her eyes on frank the whole time. Both their eyes on frank, they didn’t even acknowledge my existence.

“And you are?” she asked him, being sickly polite. To anyone, she’d appear lovely; but not to me.

“Frank.” he introduced himself, letting go of my hand slightly, and rubbing his thumb over my hand.

“Pleasure to meet you frank, and are you Maxine’s partner?” she asked. Her sweet smile plastered to her perfect face.
Sign up to rate and review this story