Categories > Celebrities > My Chemical Romance > Doublecross the Scarecrow

DX 22

by Down-a-Rabbit-Hole 1 review

The Aftermath

Category: My Chemical Romance - Rating: R - Genres: Angst,Drama,Romance - Characters: Frank Iero,Gerard Way,Mikey Way,Ray Toro - Warnings: [V] - Published: 2011-10-08 - Updated: 2011-10-09 - 6127 words

0Unrated
A few comic pages have been drawn for Doublecross.
Links are here:
http://Down-a-Rabbit-Hole.deviantart.com/art/Doublecross-the-Scarecrow-PG1-256254231
http://Down-a-Rabbit-Hole.deviantart.com/art/Doublecross-the-Scarecrow-PG2-256650330

I am also holding a competition for anyone who wants to have their killjoy star in the upcoming and final chapters of Doublecross, as well as have a requested artwork done for them by me. If you're interested see here:
http://down-a-rabbit-hole.deviantart.com/journal/44865421/

Sorry for the short delay. I thought this would be up sooner but I had to take a lesson in chemistry before I could piece it together. Enjoy! :D


The drac car sidled up alongside the Trans Am, so close that Ray could see the dull glint of the blindos eye behind his mask. It leaned out of the window and something flashed in the moonlight. Jet Star recognised it immediately and felt a stab of panic. The dracs were trying to slash their tyres. “Party!” he shouted, firing off a few shots at their adversaries, “we gotta loose 'em!”
Gerard gripped the steering wheel tight, teeth gritted in concentration. He was very much aware of Jet Stars battle with the drac car on their left, but more pressing right now was the alarmingly sharp drop off to their right. He could practically feel the earth crumbling away under the right hand wheels as they skimmed the edge of the road. If they were pushed any further over...
“Party! Do something!” Ray screamed, trying desperately to block the dracs wild stabs at the tyres.
Gerard glanced in the rear vision mirror and grinned. He had a plan. All they needed was....
“There!” he gasped. “Jet, get back in!”
Ray frowned and shot off one more round at the drac, satisfied by the angry howl that followed, before withdrawing inside the Trans Am. “What's the plan? We can't keep going like this or we'll end up in the drop zones.”
Gerard could practically feel the toxic fumes crawling up the side of the cliff, reaching for them. However he ignored Ray's question and concentrated on the upcoming bend in the road. “It's okay man, just hold on tight.”
Jet raised an eyebrow. “Hold on tight....?”
The drac car next to them sidled over again, one of them leaning forward, knife is hand. They raised their arm, preparing to strike, but suddenly the Killjoy car was out of their reach.
Gerard turned the wheel sharply to the right, pulling the handbrake hard as he went. The Trans Am shuddered, nose flailing out over the edge of the cliff, tail spinning round to collide with the back of the drac car. Jet Star shouted, clutching at the dashboard as the vehicle skidded sideways along the treacherously thin road. The force of the turn pushed the Trans Am further, barely slowing as it shoved the drac car closer to the bend in the road. Party's eyes were fixated on the drop off ahead, one hand on the brake, the other holding the steering wheel steady. Shouts of panic and the sound of squealing brakes were coming from the BL/ind car as the dracs were propelled towards the hairpin bend, going too fast to make the turn.
“Gee!” Ray cried, unable to see how this was helping, “We're going to go over!”
Party laughed darkly, “Not today we're not.”
In a last ditch effort the dracs turned their car, trying to make the tight corner. Party released the handbrake. The Killjoys were spun around as the dracs turned, the part where the back of the BL/ind vehicle and the side of the Trans Am had been mashed together in the collision had dragged Gerard's muscle car back onto the road, facing the other way. As the BL/ind agents screamed, hurling over the edge of the cliff into the toxic abyss below, Party hit the accelerator as hard as he could. The tyres spun on the loose gravel, the force of the spin making them skid back towards where the dracs had flown over. But as the tail of the Trans Am swung over the empty space the tyres finally gripped onto the road and the car shot forward in a cloud of dust.
Gerard started to laugh. His heart was thudding wildly in his chest and there might have been hysterical tears rolling down his cheeks, but they were alive.
Jet Star was still clinging to the arm rests, nails dug deeply into the upholstery. He turned and fixed an even glare at his friend and leader. “You're crazy.”
Party wiped a tear from his eye. “Yep.”
“Absolutely insane!”
“U-huh.”
“That should never have worked!”
“Nope.”
“The combined g-force of the spin and that drac car dragging us towards our doom should have taken us over the edge!”
Gerard shrugged. “So much for physics.”
There was a brief interval of silence before Ray smiled. “Thanks Party, I owe you my life. I don't know how you always manage to-”
Party cut him off with a smirk. “You're welcome.”


Bleach's head was buzzing - ears ringing with a high pitched sound. It wavered, cutting off then starting up again in a continuous round, repeating one syllable.
“Bleach!”
It took her a moment to realise that it was her name being shouted, not some random sound. Her eyes were fastened shut, front of her body pressed against something cool and slightly rough which shifted under her weight.
'What's happening... Where....?' she thought to herself.
It felt as though she was stuck in glue. Her limbs were alarmingly heavy, but she could feel them. Bleach wriggled her fingertips experimentally, then her toes.
'Yep, that's all fine. So why do I feel like a lump of stone? Nothing hurts, but I'm so tired....'
“Bleach!”
Her eyes fluttered at the sound of her voice and she groaned slightly, trying to find the energy to rise. She opened her mouth to breathe in, but inhaled a mouthful of something unpleasantly gritty.
“Ugh!” she coughed, rolling over and sitting bolt upright. She spluttered for a few seconds, spitting teaspoons of sand back onto the ground. Her body protested at the sudden movement, but she was relieved to find that she still had some sort of control.
Bleach's watering eyes flicked left and right, but it was dark and the only light was coming from vibrant laser flashes. There was shouting nearby as well. Her muddled thoughts suddenly cleared and she jumped to her feet.
“Frank!? Mikey!? Where are you guys?”
A muffled shout kick started her memory and she dashed towards Mikey's car. The poor thing was scorched back with laser marks. As she sprinted for cover Bleach glanced behind her to see the dozen dracs they had to fend off. A wave of helplessness washed over her, but was immediately replaced by fiery determination. The hatred she felt for BL/ind was now fuelled with lust for revenge. They had shot Mikey, and there was no chance in hell she was letting them get away with that.
Too late she realised that her newly acquired drac gun was lying uselessly in the sand where she had fallen, but that didn't matter. She had an idea. Korse may be one of them, but at least he had taught her a few valuable tricks.


Frank stared, open mouthed at the sight before him. Bleach had been shot. He knew that. He saw her go down, saw the blood spilling onto the sand. Mikey, in his delirious state hadn't seen a thing, so it was no surprise to him when the miraculously revived girl leapt over the bonnet of the Beamer and parked herself in between them.
“So what's the plan?” she asked, turning to Fun Ghoul.
He stuttered for a few moments, gripping his almost chargeless raygun tightly.
Bleach raised an eyebrow, mouth pressed into a hard line. “What's wrong Ghoul? You look like you've seen a ghost.” Something dark flashed in her eyes.
Kobra chuckled, then groaned as his arm began to throb again. “He's just worried because we have no hope of getting out of here alive. We're outnumb-” he was cut off as their cover was peppered by a fresh onslaught of laser fire. “Oh my car...” he grumbled, pouting.
Frank sighed. Mikey was delirious.
Bleach rolled her eyes. You guys have gotten too soft in your old age.” she grinned, a cheeky dimple adding to the effect. “Has everyone forgotten the value of good old gun powder?”
Fun Ghoul frowned, “Gun powder was outlawed years ago – the last rebel stocks of it were used up in June of '14.”
Bleach smirked. “Obviously you never paid any attention in science class. But before I begin our lesson in explosives we're gonna need something to hold off that laser fire.” she turned to Miker. “Hey Kobra, pass me your scarf.”
The pain-groggy killjoy handed her the scrap of fabric. “I'm not gonna get that back, am I?”
Bleach shook her head. “Nope!”
Frank watched her as she grabbed the two water canisters from the front seat. He cried out as she emptied a whole litre of water on the parched desert ground. “You're gonna want that back one day.” he growled.
She shrugged. “No I wont – not unless we make it out of here alive.”
Before Ghoul could stop her, Bleach leant under the car, knife in hand, punched a hole in the fuel tank and let the virulent liquid spray into the canister. Frank was glad Mikey couldn't see what she was doing to his car.
Bleach wriggled out from under the vehicle and stuffed most of Kobra Kid's bandanna into the bottle; screwing the lid half on so that a small flap of fabric was still ticking out the top.
“Lighter?” she enquired, looking at Frank with crazed eyes.
He stared at her petrol soaked fingers and shook his head. “I'll do the honours.” And with that he lit the bandanna and hurled the canister over the top of the Beamer. There was a low thud as the heavy bottle hit the sand, then a long pause. One of the dracs must have figured out what it was all too late because there was a panicked shout before the explosion.
Fun Ghoul grinned, leaning forward to get up and see the damage, but Bleach held his arm and shook her head. “That wouldn't have got 'em all. Besides,” her adrenaline glazed eyes met his, “that was just to give them something to think about before they come creeping any closer.”
Before he could ask what her plan was she was opening the back door and sliding onto the seat, keeping low enough to stop her head rising into laser fire range.
“Bleach!” Frank hissed, “What are you doing?”
She rummaged through the assortment of packages and crumpled papers on the car floor. “You were patching up the tyres the other day, weren't you?”
He gritted his teeth, wondering where this was going. “Yes. Gerard blew a tyre in zone 4 so I had to go fix it.”
“And Ray went to the Sanctum black food market on Tuesday, right? In this car?”
Ghoul wiped the sweat from his forehead. “Yeah, he was picking up some dried beef.”
Bleach smiled, her hands falling on the three objects she was looking for. “See that's what I love about you Killjoys. You have a whole car full of ammo and you don't even fuckin' know it!”
She slithered from the back seat and shut the door. “Kobra, do you wanna find me a stick?” Mikey happily obliged, too far gone in pain to wonder what for.
Bleach meanwhile dumped her armful of goods and turned to one of the wheels. “Give me a hand, will you Ghoul?” she asked, undoing the nuts holding the tyre in place. When he didn't rush to help her, the blonde haired girl turned and gave him a confident smirk. “Trust me. If this goes well you'll never be short of ammo again!”
“You're insane.” he muttered, but started working.
“So, your raygun.” Bleach began, pulling the rim free of the rubber part. “How does it work?”
Ghoul raised an eyebrow, but told her anyway. “The energy comes from the magazine which can be recharged many different ways. The energy is in a dormant form before it is ignited, similar to the old style gunpower, then shot from the nose. Ignition occurs when the internal spark system is activated. Um....”
She grinned. “Brilliant. That's all I needed to know.” Mikey handed her the stick he had found. “Now, Ghoul can I borrow your raygun?”
“But-”
She turned her luminescent eyes on him, and he saw the desperation and determination swimming in the yellow depths. He sighed, handing over the weapon. “I hope you know what you're doing.”
Bleach nodded, “I do.” then fired off a single, low setting round at the tip of the stick. It burned brightly for a second before darkening into black. “Perfect...” she knocked the burnt tip of the stick off onto the tyre rim which she was using as a mixing platform.
Then she rummaged through Frank's tyre repair kit. “Gotta be some in here.... Aha!” Bleach crowed, extracting a tub full of yellow powder.
“Sulphur?” Ghoul asked, watching her as she spooned the substance onto the tyre rim.
“Yep. I know that you use it as a hardening agent when making the rubber patches that fix the holes in your tyres, but this stuff has many uses.” she babbled, grinding the charcoal and sulphur together until it resembled a dark tan powder. Bleach grabbed the other water bottle and paused. “I'm supposed to boil this before I add it...”
“Here,” Frank picked up the raygun, “I'll show you a trick.” He aimed the raygun at the bottom of the metal container and fired off a shot. Immediately the metal heated and began to warm the water inside.
“Fabulous!” Bleach cried. The thin piece of circular metal curved slightly so that when she poured in some water from the second canister, it pooled in the centre. She then tipped the rest of the water onto the sand. “Make me another petrol bomb?” she asked Ghoul, handing him the bottle.
He smiled and nodded. “Those dracs will be getting brave enough to mount another attack soon.”
Bleach flashed him a winning smile. “I doubt they'll be brave when they find out what I have in store for them.”
She used the rest of the stick to stir the powder into the water so that it became a sludge. Next she grabbed the dried meat that Ray had purchased in Sanctum and looked closely at the packaging. It had been shrink wrapped with clear plastic and a slow smile tugged her lips apart when she saw what she wanted. “Californian rebels really are very crude when it comes to preserving their meat.” Bleach announced, pointing at the white crystals that congregated in the corner of the packaging. She shook it and more fell into the plastic air bubble.
“Salt?” Frank snorted as he filled the other canister with petrol. “What's salt going to do to the dracs?”
Bleach grinned. “Not salt – KNO3, otherwise known as Potassium Nitrate. Used in fertilisers, preservative, fireworks, and black powder.”
Fun Ghoul nearly choked on air. “You're – please tell me you're not doing what I think you're doing!”
She shrugged. “You wanna live or not?”
He gaped at her, then nodded. If she succeeded in making what he though she was, then no drac would make it out alive.”
Bleach cut the plastic and watched as the Potassium granules tipped into her mixture like fine sand. She mixed it in and, satisfied with the appearance of her brew, grabbed her next ingredient.
Frank was crouched, ready to throw the next petrol bomb at the first sign of invading dracs, when he saw Bleach's next additive. “That was a gift for Harlequin Diamond you know.”
The blonde girl shrugged, pouring Cyanide into the tyre rim. The alcohol cooled the boiling sludge as it touched it. She turned to Frank. “This next part I'm not so sure of. The mixture shouldn't explode unless it comes into direct contact with a spark, but then again it can be unstable at high temperatures.”
Fun Ghoul rolled his eyes. “Why do you have to tell me these things?” he groaned.
Bleach ignored his sarcasm and turned to Mikey. “Sit behind me. At least then you'll have some protection if this stuff goes off.”
Kobra stared at her, eyes glazed with pain. She knew he had barely heard her, so she grabbed Frank's raygun and held it under the tyre rim. The sludge in the centre shifted as she tried to hold the flat piece of metal straight. Taking a deep breath she shot off a laser at the underside of the rim. Almost instantly the metal in the palm of her hand burned red hot. She bit down on her lip, tasting blood as she aimed and shot again. The metal glowed red beneath the sludge, which was fast drying into a hard black lump. The water and liquid elements of the alcohol were evaporating fast, but no sudden explosion occurred. Bleach hurriedly put the tyre rim down and clutched her scorched hand to her chest.
Fun Ghoul watched her, canister of fuel held tightly in his hand. He knew that if the sludge had ignited there wouldn't have been a scrap of bone left to mark where they had died.
The sound of cautiously approaching feet on the sand alerted Frank to approaching dracs. He signled to Bleach, who nodded. There were tears of pain in her eyes, but she was no longer holding her injured hand.
Bleach watched as Ghoul lit his own bandanna, half submerged in the canister and threw it over the top of the car. There was a series of shouts and running feet. The dracs knew what it was this time and they didn't want to be anywhere near the metal bottle when it went off. The explosion occurred only a few seconds later and the surrounding landscape was lit up. In the shadow of the car Bleach started to grind the grey lump down into a dry, black powder.
She dug a small hole and put a pinch of the fine, explosive material inside. Taking the lighter she set fire to a small leaf and chucked it into the hole from a distance. There was a burst of white light and where the hole had been was now a patch of blackened sand.
“It works.” Frank breathed.
Bleach nodded, holding out her hand. He passed her his raygun. Using her knife she pried open the chargeless magazine and removed the batteries.
“We have the explosive, now we need the bullet.” She tore a length of fabric from her dress and wrapped it around her fist.
Ghoul noticed as she covered her hand that the charred and broken blisters from when she held the burning metal rim was gone. In it's place was smooth, unmarked skin. He felt a tingle of suspicion and fear shoot up his spine, but he gritted his teeth against it. 'Even if she's lying about who she is, she's helping me now. I can deal with this later.'
Using her protected hand Bleach punched a hole in the already laser riddled window. Fragments of glass fell onto the sand, which she collected and shoved into the magazine. She didn't look up to see the distrust on Frank's face. “Even if this isn't lead and wont poison their blood, one piece of glass blown through their body should be enough to at least stop them, if not kill.” She grabbed the makeshift metal dish and titled it so that half of the black powder mingled with the glass fragments. “As one piece is fired off tilt the raygun down so that the next piece falls into the bridge. There's no spring load so you're gonna have to do that manually.”
Frank looked at his now loaded weapon, full of explosive powder and razor sharp glass. “Where did you learn all of this?” he asked, suspicion creeping into his voice.
Bleach looked away from him, busying herself by filling up Mikey's gun for herself. “Uh, you know. Around.” The sound of drac fire hitting the Beamer's already ruined bodywork alerted them to the danger they were facing. “Well,” Bleach said, taking in a deep breath, “here goes nothing!”


Gerard was going flat out once they reach Route Guano. The Trans Am screamed as his foot pressed down on the accelerator. Ray looked at the dashboard and was nearly sick when he saw the needle hovering in the red section over eight thousand revs.
“Party, I think we should-”
“Nothing is more important than getting to Mikey and Frank. God knows what's happened to them....” he trailed off, biting his lip hard, eyes straining to see anything in the dark ahead.
Jet Star closed his eyes and tried to keep his voice steady. “I know that, but if the engine blows up we'll never get to them.”
Gerard conceded to that and let the car slow just a touch.
Ray looked at the dashboard. Seven and a half thousand revs. “Good enough.” he sighed.
Party gasped. He could see flashes of light in the distance, not far off the road in Nuke Valley. “There they are!”
Jet Star grabbed their ray guns, checking the charge before handing one to his friend. “Careful Gerard, we don't know how many of them there are. Slow down a bit as we get closer, because barging in there with no clue as to what's happening will help no one.”
All Party wanted to do was go in, guns blazing and protect his younger brother, but he knew that Ray was right. He nodded stiffly. “Let's go ghost some dracs.”


Bleach and Fun Ghoul were just managing to hold off the dracs, fighting back to back, working together that both were covering the other from attack. The makeshift bullet design that Bleach had devised was working perfectly, except for one thing. The force of the black powder explosion was shattering the glass before if left the barrel of the gun. Instead of solid lumps of deadly sharp missiles, the dracs were being sprayed with small slivers of stinging pellets. That wasn't to say the dracs weren't being harmed – two had been taken down with shots to the head, but anything long range or aimed at the arms or legs inflicted minimal damage.
“What do we do now?” Frank panted, punching out at a drac that got too close.
Bleach snarled and kicked another in the torso, hearing the satisfying crunch as she shattered his ribs. “I dunno... I hadn't thought of this. If Kobra wasn't down we could make a run for one of their cars, but as it is...”
Suddenly there was the roar of a familiar engine and the dracs they were fighting paused, spinning around to face their now foe. Fun Ghoul cried out in relief as he saw the familiar headlights, and even Bleach managed to smile.
'Never thought I'd be happy to see Party Posion.' she thought, then resuming her assault on the BL/ind agents.


Gerard braked hard, turning so that the Trans Am skidded across the loose sand and knocked one of the dracs down.
There was a definite thud and Ray rolled his eyes. “Was that really necessary Party?” he asked, shoving a fresh magazine into the hilt of his ray gun.
The red haired man nodded. “Yes, yes it was.” Then he leapt from the car and started firing.
“Party!” he heard his name being called and turned towards the source. He could see Frank fighting back to back with the girl. They were holding off the dracs... Just. Even with the addition of the two new Killjoys and their rayguns it was hard holding the dracs back. They seemed determined to finish the rebel group off.
“What on earth are you two firing?” Jet Star cried, hearing the strange bang every time Ghoul or Bleach let off a shot.
Bleach shrugged, grinning cheekily. “Oh you know, just a bit of sulphur mixed with crushed charcoal and Potassium Nitrate, held together with evaporated Cyanide.”
Ray pressed back against the Beamer. “Huh?”
Frank managed to shoot one of the dracs in the foot, and smirked at the howl of pain he received. “Bleach taught me to make black powder.”
“Black powder!? As in gun powder?” Party Poison exclaimed. The mention of the explosive piqued his interest. “How'd you get the materials needed to make it?”
Frank shook his head. “Don't have the time to explain.” He ducked to avoid laser fire. “I'll get Bleach to tell you later, that is if we make it out of here alive!”
Suddenly Gerard realised that no matter where he looked he couldn't see Mikey.
“Ghoul! Where's Kobra?” he shouted.
Frank seemed to wince as he fought. “Kobra got hit! We've got him behind the Beamer!”
Jet Star saw Gerard's face change from determined to horrified. Without wasting a moment Party sprinted towards the shell of his brother's car and leapt over it.
“Kobra!” he cried, kneeling beside the figure slumped on the ground.
Mikey looked up at the sound of his sibling's voice and smiled weakly. “Hey bro, you came back for us. I knew those dracs wouldn't stop you...”
Party saw the wound on the skinny man's arm and grimaced. The gash was seeping blood, but it wasn't life threatening... for now. The most important thing for him to do was to get Mikey back to the Diner as soon as possible.
“He'll be fine Party.” Ghoul said, running behind and Beamer and crouching behind the metal wall. Bleach and Jet Star followed him and all five of them pressed into the comforting hulk of the trashed BMW.
“We've got a new problem guys.” Ray announced. “The dracs in the car seem to have some heavier firepower on them. I think that they've realised we're not as they initially thought and they're setting it up as we speak. Could be a bazooka, I'm not real sure.”
Bleach frowned, looking at the handful of black powder still sitting in the tyre rim in the sand. An idea started to form in her mind. “Don't worry guys, I've got a plan.” And with that she grabbed the metal dish and sprang out from behind the cover of the car. She dodged the laser fire aimed at her and dove behind the solid wall of a rock.
“Bleach!” Ray shouted. “Come back!”
She looked and saw the wild-haired man beaconing to her. Gerard and Frank however hung back, distrust and suspicion on both their faces. Mikey was too far gone to know what was happening.
“Don't worry about me!” she called, “I know what I'm doing.”
She crept forward and scuttled from bush to bush, getting further and further away from the clearing where the drac were. They appeared to have forgotten about her and were focusing on the BMW, which by now was starting to fall apart. Bleach chuckled, of course they'd forget about the girl – what threat was she?
Changing direction she began to head towards the BL/ind car. Inside she could see the dracs assembling something big. Bleach looked at the half-cup of powder she had left.
“Looks like I've got one shot at this.” she said to herself.
Bleach tore another strip of fabric from her dress, blushing slightly as she realised that a very indecent amount of her legs were showing. 'Don't be silly,' she told herself, 'survival is more important than modesty right now.'
The petrol that had spilt from Mikey's gas tank had soaked the sand she sat on, so the fabric she now poured the precious black powder into was saturated with highly flammable liquid. She pondered her insanity as she wrapped the wet fabric into a tight ball and flicked her lighter. The flame burned brightly, illuminating the greasy fuel coating her finger tips.
“No time now for regrets.” she hissed to herself, and instead of dousing the flame and saving her fingers she stuck the lighter against the fabric. It caught fire immediately and before the thing could explode, Bleach threw it as hard as she could at the BL/ind car.
Her feeling of triumph however was quickly smothered with frustration. The explosive ball of petrol sodden fabric rolled under the car as it ignited, throwing the vehicle onto it's side, but the stupid thing didn't ignite the fuel tank. The dracs inside were knocked about for sure, but she doubted they were dead.
A searing pain in her hand alerted her to her burning fingers and she growled, shoving the blackening digits into the sand. After a few seconds the petrol on her hand burnt out and the flame died. She retracted her now mutilated hand and watched with disgust as the fleash began knitting itself together. She could see the delicate wires wrapped around her bones for a few seconds, before it was once again submerged beneath the repaired muscle. A wave of exhaustion rolled over her, drowning the euphoria of killing her enemy and replacing her satisfaction with the sour taste of hatred.
There were a few shouts of triumph and she looked over to see the Killjoys beating back the remaining dracs.
Party Posion had punched a hole in the window of the BMW and was shooting through that while remaining protected behind the shield of the car. His hand was bleeding from cuts inflicted by the glass, but his aim never faltered. Frank and Ray were also getting off a few good shots at the dracs. Ghoul seemed to be shoving small stones down the barrel of his raygun which were far more effective than the fragments of glass she had employed.
The remaining dracs, though there were enough to be a threat, seemed to loose heart when their car was blown over. It was easy pickings for the Killjoys.
Bleach wanted to run away. She had helped save Frank and Mikey, but she knew that Fun Ghoul had seen her heal. The suspicion on his face made that very clear. She shied away from the thought of explaining herself to him. The truth wasn't an option and she doubted she could keep up any more lies.
'So what?' she thought, 'I don't have to explain myself to anyone. I've helped these guys fend off dracs more than once. They have no reason to demand answers. And Frank can't prove anything. It's dark and we were in the middle of a fight. How could he be sure of what he saw?'
She saw a drac trying to make a run for it and jumped to her feet. The body of a dead blindo lay in her path and she snatched their raygun from the cold, stiffening hands. The drac was running into the night, not even trying to go from bush to bush for protection. Bleach sniggered and aimed lazily, firing off a low frequency round that hit them in the leg.
The drac fell, shrieking into the sand, writhing like a snake. Bleach snarled and let off another shot, this time in the stomach. The white figure screamed, and she could tell from the pitch that he was young.
“You fool.” she growled, standing over the thrashing body. “As if you could escape me.”
The trembling drac didn't reply, just hunched over their bleeding stomach.
Bleach didn't spare a moments pity for the person behind the mask. In her mind she could see the face of Korse whimpering beneath her.
“I hate you all.” she hissed, “You think you've made me obedient by transforming me – but you're wrong.” she leant down, staring into the black eyes of the mask. “All you've done is made me stronger. You'll never tame me now!”



Party Poison saw the BL/ind vehicle flip over, and frowned. He was sure Bleach had meant for it to explode and kill the dracs inside. When there was a gap in the fighting he darted over to the overturned car.
'It would be nice to have a car like this.' he thought, 'But I'm sure it'd be more trouble than it's worth.'
Gerard slipped his pocket knife from his jeans and stabbed the fuel tank. Clear, iridescent liquid splattered onto his hand, stinging the lacerations breaking the skin. A thickly scented fog closed over his nose. The killjoy coughed once before casually flicking his lighter and dropping it into the stream of petrol. From inside the cracked window Party saw the slowly blinking eyes of the stunned drac, but his frozen heart spared no thought of pity. Turning sharply on his heel he walked away, lighting a cigarette as he went.
The explosion was loud, and pieces of warped metal flew after the rebel, however he didn't turn. The heat from the wreckage warmed his back and a droplet of sweat rolled town his temple, soaking up the dust coating his skin. Flames crawled into patches of solitary grass and momentarily he could see the illuminated figures of his comrades.
Ray was holding a piece of fabric against his brothers arm and even from where he was standing Gerard could see the red seeping beneath the pressure hold. However Mikey's face was composed and Ray didn't seem worried.
Frank was leaning against the Trans Am, wiping his switchblade on his jeans, but his eyes were fixed on something else. Party followed his gaze and saw Bleach calmly firing shot after shot into the head of a drac. The mask was long gone and now fragments of the blindos skull were being blasted into the night sky. Firelight traced the blood splattered silhouette of the girl's face and he could see the mindless savagery shining in her glassy, yellow eyes. Her lips were drawn back from her teeth in a snarl.
Party Poison's eyes flicked between the expression of suspicion on Fun Ghoul's face and Bleach's strained grimace. Something had happened, and he wasn't sure what. He got a distinct impression that Frank was... could it be afraid? He shook his head slightly. Fun Ghoul was never afraid.
A stab of doubt hit Party as he focused once more on the grim determination on the girl's face. Her endeavour to obliterate any remainder of the drac seemed genuine...
Kobra Kid sighed, trying to suppress the groan in the back of his throat. His mind had cleared significantly, but now he wished he could be oblivious again. Jet Star murmured comforting words, but the burn across his biceps was throbbing relentlessly. He focused on the spits of sand in his boots, the heat of the fire on his face and the constant thud of something wet nearby - anything other than the pain. Ray took off the pressure bandage and wiped some salve over the laser mark. Though the blood was still sluggishly seeping, but the numbing effect of the lotion reduced the pain greatly. He let out a long breath and thanked Ray. Mikey glanced up and saw his elder brother standing alone, the light from his cigarette shining in his eyes. Party Poison's brows were knitted together, concentrating on something. Kobra looked over and realized that the wet thudding was Bleach shooting round after round into the head of a drac. A quick glance at Frank and Ray affirmed that they were all observing the girl's behaviour, however the mistrust on Ghoul's face and the disapproval on Jet's sent warning bells off in his head. He hurried over to the hunched figure and grabbed her hand, gently tugging the weapon away from her twitching fingers. She resisted for a moment before relinquishing the gun, but her eyes remained fixed on the bloody pulp at her feet.
"Bleach?" he whispered.
She remained impassive, unblinking. The eerie light of the fires danced on her glassy eyes and across the bloody streaks on her cheeks. Mikey reached up and turned her face towards his. When her gaze met his he was shocked at the hopelessness etched in her expression.
Mikey struggled for words, so he settled with "Why?"
She shrugged, an unsettling smirk curling the corner of her lips. "Why not?" then pushed past him and stalked towards the Trans Am. Frank eyed her warily and she muttered "What are you looking at?" under her breath. The killjoys exchanged troubled glances before slipping one by one into the Trans Am and turning around to head back to the Diner.

Ratings and Reviews are greatly appreciated
Sign up to rate and review this story