Categories > Celebrities > My Chemical Romance > Animal

Press.

by Rocket_Dog 7 reviews

Frank and Gerard continue to be hassled by journalists.

Category: My Chemical Romance - Rating: G - Genres: Angst,Drama - Characters: Frank Iero,Gerard Way - Published: 2011-10-09 - Updated: 2011-10-09 - 1067 words

2Exciting

I buy the things I need from the shop and then rush back home. Once again I have to fight my way past the crowd of journalists, all hungry for a scrap of news about their latest story. That all Gerard is to them - a story. I doubt they care that he's suffering from a life threatening illness, or that he's still grieving for his dead brother.

Well, perhaps they do care, but if so its only so they can sell that piece of juicy news they found out to the papers and get even more fucking rich than they already are, I think in disgust. I quickly put the shopping in the kitchen, then I make a beeline for the living room, where Gerard was when I left.

Gerard is sitting there, seemingly happy, I’m guessing he's still blissfully unaware of what's been going on outside. He's watching the news which I find a little odd, I never watch the news, I normally find it either boring or depressing. I guess he must be trying to catch up on all that's happened in the years he was held captive, although it's only been four years, a lot can change in that amount of time. It must be very frightening for him to be so alone in a world he doesn't know.

"Hi, Frank." He says brightly, interrupting my thoughts, then turns his
attention back to the TV.

"Hey.. Um, I'll just go make us some breakfast." I say then dash out into the kitchen. I've just put some bread in the toaster when I hear a horrified yelp come from Gerard. I run back into the living room and the first thing I hear is the news reader. Her tone is serious but cold. "The animal testing company, ACME, is now under investigation on allegations that they have been experimenting on people. Gerard Way, age 28, was found by a civilian in one of ACME's labs. He has been infected with hepatitis C and HIV and is said to be 'extremely disturbed' by the experience..."

Gerard is looking at the TV with a mix of horror and fear on his face. "Our reporter is outside the house Gerard Way is supposedly staying in now..." I quickly turn off the TV, not wanting Gerard to hear any more, but it's to late. He rushes to the window and opens the curtains then almost closes them immediately. When he turns around I can tell from the look on his face that he's seen the mass of people outside.

"Frank.." He whispers, "Everyone knows.." His eyes are wide and shocked as he looks at me. He keeps staring at me like that as if I can just magically everything better, unfortunately, I can't. Gerard keeps doing this until he sits down on the sofa. He runs a hand through his ebony hair, then makes a fist, grabbing the hair in his hand. His face is screwed up and his eyes are pink like he's going to cry. Dear god, not again.

I sit down next to him, putting an arm around his shoulders.

"Hey, hey it's gonna be alight." I say softly. Gerard leans into me, resting his head on my shoulder. He shakes his head and let's out a small sob.

"I know, I know, but..." Gerard says, "It's just the thought of them all out there.... It's horrible."

"It won't be like this for long. They'll lose interest soon."

"Yeah.. But, I mean, how did they even find out?" He asks, looking up at me.

"I must have been someone at the hospital." I realise out loud. How fucking dare they. What happened to patent confidentiality? "Whoever it was, I'll make 'em pay for what they did." I say dangerously.

"Yeah Frank, you're really a fighters build.." He says in a sarcastic tone of voice, while giggling at me. "I'd like to see you try to beat someone up." He says with a smirk. I know he's only kidding and as much as I love hearing him laugh, I'm not about to let him get away with mocking me because of my height.

"Oh, you'll pay for that one, Way." I say playfully. I push him down onto the sofa and then proceed to tickle him. He giggles, trying to bat my hands away but he's eaisly overpowered.

"Frankie, stop!" He laughs, squirming under my touch.

"Say I could beat someone up!" I say childishly, ignoring, but secretly liking, the nickname he gave me.

"Fine! You could beat someone up! You're the strongest guy I know!" Now that's more like it. I stop tickling him immediately and he sits up, his face pink. He leans on my shoulder, we're both breathing heavily. We sit there together for a few minutes, our problems momentarily forgotten.

"I mean it Frank, you are strongest guy I know." Gerard says after a while, looking over at me, and I swear he flutters his eye lashes a little.

"Gerard," I say with a smile, "I'm the only guy you know." I look at him pointedly.
"Yeah, but.. Y'know.." He says, struggling to find words he can't think of. He trails off and our blissful moment continues. And, surprisingly, it continues to continue for the next week.

The crowd of paparazzi drains away over the course of the week, just like I said they would, although Gerard refuses to leave our apartment, even when there's less than half a dozen bored looking journalists there. It's the day before Gerard has to go to the clinic to get his weekly injection and he is increasingly nervous.

It's a normal day, Gerard is sitting in our room drawing and I'm fiddling about with my guitar. That's when I get the call. I answer it, assuming it's Ray, or even my mum, calling to check up on my. It’s not, it's DCI Paul Jones.

“Hello?” I say casually as I pick up the phone.

“Hello, this is DCI Paul Jones, Is this Frank Iero I'm speaking to?”

“Um, yes, that's me” I reply awkwardly.

“I have some news about the investigation.”

“Great, what have you found out?”

“We have arrested one of the workers from the testing lab, and she's admitted that the company kidnapped Gerard and Mikey, and.. she's told us where his body is buried” He pauses, “And we've found it.”

"Oh..."
Sign up to rate and review this story