Categories > Anime/Manga > Fruits Basket > "Bad Things Happen for a Reason" (I Hope)

Fun

by stargate-lover 1 review

Inora hits a bar with Shigure and Ayame!!!

Category: Fruits Basket - Rating: PG-13 - Genres: Drama,Humor,Romance - Characters: Ayame,Hatori,Shigure - Warnings: [!!] - Published: 2011-10-10 - Updated: 2011-10-10 - 4310 words - Complete

1Funny
(A/N): Sooo… sorry about the short last chapter! And I hope nobody minds too much that I did this chapter from someone else’s point of view. You will find it was kind of necessary. Lol
**

I creped into the living room to see if her uncle was asleep yet. I leaned around the back of the couch to see Dan snoring softly and sprawled all over the floor. I had wondered before now why he didn’t sleep on the couch but as I looked at him I realized why, he was huge. He was too tall to fit on the couch length wise and his shoulders were too broad to fit comfortably width wise. As I looked at him for another second I realized that I should really thank Inora for saving me, he could have easily done permanent damage to me.
“He is out like a light,” I informed Ayame as soon as I closed the living room door behind me. “Is she not done yet?”
“Well you can’t blame her ‘Gure,” Aya said. “Trying to find something sexy to wear in Tohru’s wardrobe is bound to be…difficult.” Inora had run upstairs more then fifteen minutes ago to find something to wear. I had expected Aya to go help but I could see he was curious as to how she would do on her own. It took me two minutes to get ready; I grabbed a black button down shirt and some dark blue jeans. Aya looked as amazing as always so he didn’t need to change a thing.
“Tohru’s outfits are cute,” I said in a gushing voice.
“That’s just the problem, they’re cute not sexy,” aya said simply, and I had to agree with him on that. However, he hadn’t been around that first day with Inora wearing one of Tohru’s dresses, which was a sight to see. I was off in my own world thinking of a certain something she had done in that dress…I wonder if I can get her to wear it again? I was brought out of my scheming by footsteps on the stairs.
“Ok I think I hit the jack pot,” Inora said from the hallway and she stepped into the dining room where we were. I felt my mouth fall open; she had on a red shirt that left her shoulders and chest bare. It would have just looked ok except for the fact that she was wearing a black corset type thing over it. She had on dark blue jeans that she had tucked into black high-heeled boots that went almost up to her knee. She looked… amazing. I tried to remember how to close my mouth.
“I turns out Tohru was a pirate for Halloween one year so I built off of this thing,” she said grinning and tapping on the corset.
“I- you…” I stuttered, come on I need to be calmer than this! I cleared my throat and started again. “You look great!”
“Great?” Aya gushed. “She looks simply amazing!” And there it is, I see that spark in his eye that tells me that he is going to start a new pirate line in his store.
“Well you have the great Ayame’s seal of approval!” I said brightly. “So I just checked before you came down, your uncle is passed out. Shall we go?”
“Yeah! But why would Ayame’s…” she trailed off, and then I remembered that we never told her what aya did.
“Aya has his own clothing store! He designs and makes everything in it,” I explained while Aya struck a pose.
“Oh that awesome! I’ll have to go there someday,” she said beaming at him. Sometimes she reminds me so much of Tohru, but most of the time I just wonder how the two kindest people I have ever met can be so drastically different. Ayame started going on about how, thanks to her, there was going to be a new pirate line in the store. We walked out into the night laughing and talking as though we were all old friends. We made it out of the woods surrounding my house when she suddenly stopped.
“Wait guys,” she said then slapped her hand to her forehead. “Where exactly were you planning on going? I mean, I can’t get into bars yet.” I was confused for a moment but then I recalled a conversation that we had a few weeks ago.
“Oh because your not 21? Don’t worry the drinking age here is 20,” I said with a smile. I watched as that sunk in, her lips slowly pulled into a huge grin and she had an excited look in her eye. Without another word she started off down the street again with a determined walk. Oh I see, she already likes drinking, she just wasn’t able to do it much because she was too young. I may have created a monster, I giggled at that.
About a half hour later we were entering my favorite bar, Inora still couldn’t keep the smile off her face. I liked this place because there was a huge dance floor but it was around a corner from the bar so you could still hear yourself talk over the music. Plus they always played good music, and the DJ knew me, so I could get him to play pretty much whatever.
“Aya why don’t you two go get us a table I’ll be right back,” I said. He nodded and led her away. I walked up to the DJ and pulled out Inora’s MP3 player and handed it to him with his instructions, and of course some cash. He was very willing to help out; of course that smile could have been from the amount of money I gave him. I went back to the bar side to find them again when I did I also found a very handsome man making a bee line for Inora. I got there right after he did, but he was already working her.
“Damn girl! You have got to be the finest thing I have ever seen!” he said. I saw her eyebrow rise when he called her a ‘thing’, which made me smile. There was one thing even I made sure to do with her, treat her with respect, if I hadn’t I know I would have gotten some black eyes. Of course if this man hadn’t been drunk he would have just known that she wasn’t someone to mess with, she gave off that vibe of a strong woman. But then she surprised me.
“You’re not so bad yourself,” she said simply.
“Would you care to dance?” he asked full of confidence.
“Sure!” she said and stood up. What the hell? I defiantly wasn’t expecting that.
“Inora,” I said quietly, the man had already started for the dance floor so he couldn’t hear us. “Are you sure? I don’t like the look in his eyes.”
“Come on ‘Gure it’s just one dance,” she said rolling her eyes. And with that she was gone; she had already caught up with the man who was too stupid to notice that she hadn’t been there the whole time.
“’Gure-” Aya started but I cut him off.
“I’m just going to keep an eye on her,” I said shortly and walked away with him saying something about me being protective of her. Well… I was, but aya would be too if he had known her for more then a day. But more then that, if he saw the way Hatori looked at her… he would stop at nothing to protect her. I walked over to the corner of the bar there the dancers started and I spotted them after a few seconds of searching. She kept trying to back up and he kept trying to grind on her, the sight made my skin crawl. I was about to go stop it when she had enough and turned to leave. He grabbed her wrist and spun her around and into his chest, she immediately took a step back and I caught the look in her eyes.
Man she looked pissed, and honestly really scary. I thought I had been on her bad side once before but I saw now that I had been wrong. He either missed that look or he was too drunk to think he was in any danger. Then there was the fact that he hadn’t seen her take down a man twice her size. He stepped up too her again and started running his hands all over her. That did it. I made my way towards them but of course I couldn’t go as fast as I wanted, I had to make sure I wasn’t going to bump into any of the women. As I was walking she took another step back but instead of trying to leave again she pulled her right arm back and aimed her fist right at his nose. He stumbled backward clutching at his nose then finally fell on his ass.
“YOU BITCH!” he screamed as I finally reached her. I looked at her face to see if she was ok, she was giving him a glare that made me cower even though it wasn’t aimed at me. Everyone had stopped dancing at his yell and the head bouncer came over to us.
“Ok guys, what happened?” he asked calmly. Inora was just as calm when she replied.
“He was getting a little handsy; I gave him two warnings then let him have it. And I also tried to leave twice before I punched him, he wouldn’t let me,” she said.
“That’s true I saw it,” I said quickly, she jumped a little, not realizing I had been there.
“Yeah I saw it too, I was about to send my man over to help,” a woman said gesturing to a burly man beside her.
“Alright, alright,” he said as other people began to agree. Without another word he grabbed the bleeding man from the floor and pulled him out to the front.
“Jerk,” Inora said staring after them, and then she looked at me and smiled. “Let’s get something to drink huh?” We made our way back over to Aya and sat down; I could tell that he had seen what happened because he was looking at Inora in a whole new way. Well, she may not know it be she just earned his respect. I ordered us some drinks, to my surprise she asked for whiskey, though I laughed when she also ordered a Diet Pepsi.
When the drinks got there my suspicions were confirmed, she had drank some hard stuff before. She took the shot no problem, no gag or scrunching of the face. The only sign of weakness was that she was obviously using the soda to get the taste out of her mouth.
“So,” she said with a huge grin. “Are two good looking guys such as yourselves gonna let that be my only dance tonight?” She was right that would suck if the only dance she had tonight was with that bastard. Plus I already had things set up.
“You are absolutely right. We wouldn’t be good dates if we let that happen. Right Aya?” I asked looking at him and winking. I had told him what my plan was before we left and he gave me a knowing smile.
“Shall we all go together?” he asked her.
“That sounds awesome,” she said then jumped up and started towards the dancers. Aya and I gave each other a smile, we were about to find out if this girl could really handle us. Also with the way Hatori looks at her… well it would be good if his friends got along with her right? That reminds me, I’ll have to show Aya that later. As soon as I was in sight of the DJ I gave him a wave, I guessed he understood because he nodded at me and gave a thumbs up. We found a less crowded place and Inora immediately began to move her hips and bounce to the rhythm of the current song. Aya beamed at her and stepped up to her left side leaving me a place on her right. The song ended as I stepped up to her, Aya and I smiled as the DJ’s voice rang through the bar.
“Alright! Tonight we have a special guest all the way from America! Her name is Inora, by the way give the girl her props for that punch!” he said clapping. The whole room burst into noise for her and she blushed a deep red. “Also I have a little treat for ya all in her Honor, one of her favorite songs: RL Burnside – Rollin’ and Tumblin’ Remix.” Inora turned and looked at me with a huge blush still on her cheeks.
“’Gure,” she said softly and went up on her toes and kissed my cheek, a far cry from what she would have done just a few days ago. No, now that I think about it, it had been more than a week. Ever since she met Hatori and they talked about that rose. He had let slip that he had seen her that day when he called and I wriggled the whole story out of him. Of course he wanted me to know in some way or else he would have just hung up on me. She started pulling away from me that day when she came in all wet, sure we kissed… a lot, but nothing more. And now that I think about it she had been asking me about age’s right? Oh… clever girl. She just wanted to know how old Ha’ri was.
I became distracted as the first line in the song was echoed, they sounded like “(you gotta move)” whatever that meant. Inora squealed and started shaking her hips to the heavy beat. As the song went on more sounds were added, I noticed that it ended up having a country-like feel. Aya was getting into the song as much as she was; I listened to the man raspy voice singing and began to dance with them. As the song went on I decided that I loved it, then the song slowed and it sounded like there was a woman whispering over what sounded like a didgeridoo. Inora twirled her hips in a circle while revolving her body in the opposite direction. Aya and I stopped dancing to admire this move, the music picked back up and we all danced again.
When the song ended to the echoing of “(You gotta move)” again the room burst into applause. Particularly right next to us, I looked over and saw that a lot of people had stopped dancing to watch the three of us go at it. Inora blushed even more then before as people told her how amazing her dancing was. They were absolutely right, it was some of the best dancing I had ever seen, and Aya obviously agreed. People started to offer to buy her drinks and she accepted most of them. She was being smart though, she didn’t take the ones that guys brought her directly. And when they gave her a choice she got nonalcoholic ones…sometimes. At about one in the morning, despite her trying to pace herself, she was drunk off her ass.
“I think we should call it a night huh?” I asked talking mostly to Aya who nodded in agreement.
“Do you know what I think?” Inora asked leaning closer to me then was necessary. “I think we should go see Hatori.”
“Hatori?” Aya asked. “Why’s that?” Damn it she is going to ruin my surprise if I don’t think of something.
“Your right we should go get your hand checked on, I hadn’t realized it was bothering you” I said smoothly, she didn’t know what was going on because she was trying to make a square out of her straw, and failing. We left the bar a while later because no one wanted her to leave, she promised to ‘come back for them’ soon. As we made our way down the street she walked pretty ok but her heels were giving her a bit of a problem, Aya and I took turns being her fall guard. We weren’t that far from the estate so we made it in no time, we tried not to draw too much attention as we picked our way to Hatori’s. When we got there the lights inside were already out but we knocked anyway, after a minute Ha’ri popped his head out of the door frame. I had pulled Inora off to the side so all he would se was Aya.
“Hi Ha’ri,” Aya said in his obnoxious voice. Hatori looked at him for a second then tried to slam the door shut.
“Go away,” he said sounding angry. Aya caught the door before it could close.
“But Inora’s hurt,” Aya said. Perfect, he said exactly what I wanted him to say, it was as if he was reading my mind. I sat back to watch as Hatori did exactly what I expected him to do as well. As soon as the words were out of Aya’s mouth Hatori’s eyes widened so he looked halfway between shocked and scared. He threw open the door and darted out onto the porch looking around wildly.
“Where,” he demanded. I looked at Aya who was staring at his friend with his mouth hanging open.
“Right here Ha’ri,” I said calmly. “Don’t worry it’s just her hand.” I saw him relax a little as he saw her, but his face was still full of concern. Aya came to stand by me, just like I was hoping he would, so he could still see Hatori’s face.
“Oh my, what do we have here?” Aya asked so only I could hear. I smiled and winked at him as Hatori walked up to us, I was holding her upright.
“Hatori,” she said in such a way that made his name sound like the most beautiful thing in the world, and that seeing him was all she would ever want from life. He froze at the sound, his eyes full of emotion. She reached out and placed her hand gently on his cheek, on the side that had been injured.
“I don’t know what happened to your eye,” she started quietly, then got louder. “But whoever would hurt such a warm and kind man deserves to burn in hell.”
“Wha-" Hatori started but she cut him off.
“I’m sorry for whatever happened, I wish there was something I could do… I can see that it still hurts you…inside.” She slid her hand off his face and down his chest; she rested it right over his heart. Everyone was silent for a long time, and Hatori just didn’t seem to know how to deal with all of the emotion running through him. Inora started giggling.
“What is it,” I asked.
“His face,” she said and giggled again. “He looks so surprised! You know what? You are really cute.” She told him, almost as if she was trying to get more of a response from him. And she did, he blushed furiously. “By the way I have to pee like no other.”
“Oh, um-” Hatori stuttered, she didn’t wait for him though she just walked into the house like she owned it.
“My, my, Ha’ri is that a blush?” Aya asked as soon as she was inside. Hatori touched his cheek where she had and ignored Aya’s question. It took him a minute but then he was able to speak again.
“She been drinking, it’s fairly obvious from what she’s been saying even if I didn’t smell it on her breath,” he said with a glare at me.
“Don’t blame me it was her idea,” I said holding my hands up in surrender. He was about to say something when we heard her yell from inside.
“WERE THE (FUCK) IS THE BATHROOM!!!” she yelled sounding thoroughly pissed off. Ha’ri took a step towards the door when she yelled again. “Oh I found it, NEVERMIND!”
“Ok… so putting aside the drinking how did she hurt her hand?” Hatori asked glaring at me again. I told him the story about the man, making sure to put in how I was trying to get to her, and he got angrier. Thankfully he wasn’t angry at me though, this was one of Hatori’s rare seriously angry moments. I had maybe only seen this twice from him. He took a full five minutes to calm down and be able to talk again.
“Ok, putting that aside as well what about her uncle?” he asked.
“He’s back at my place passed out,” I said simply.
“Whatever, I’m going to check her hand,” he muttered. I winked at Aya and we followed him in, but we bumped into him just on the other side of the door. I looked around his shoulder and saw why. It had been dark outside so Ha’ri hadn’t been able to really see what Inora was wearing. Now, however, she stood in front of a mirror in the hallway right under a light. She was playing with her hair and the light bounced off of it to make it look golden, she looked like an angle. Well… an angle in slightly slutty clothing but still. While playing with her hair she noticed something wrong with her hand.
“Why does my hand feel funny?” she asked to no one in particular but Hatori was at her side in a flash. He gently took her hand and examined it closely, the whole time he was doing that she was staring at his face. I saw him relax even without seeing his face.
“It’s just a sprain, I’ll wrap it for you,” he said warmly, she smiled at him and he led her into his office. Aya and I followed again and Hatori sighed.
“Don’t you two have something better to do?” he asked.
“Not really,” I said with a smile. “Why? Would you like some alone time?” he didn’t respond to that which was no surprise. He gently wrapped her hand up, but by the time he was finished Inora was slumping forward, falling asleep. Hatori hadn’t noticed so he froze when she rested her head on his chest while her chest was still a good six inches away from him.
“Awww,” Aya gushed. “I wish I had a camera.”
“Yeah we could replace the picture he has of Kana,” I whispered so only Aya could hear and he snorted. Hatori was still ignoring us, we watched as he slowly wrapped his arms around her shoulders, gently stroking her hair. I started to really get the feeling that Aya and I shouldn’t be here, Aya seemed to agree with me. We started to edge towards the door, but that just seemed to remind Hatori that we were there. He pulled his arms away from her and she whined a little from the movement.
“So what are you going to do now? You can’t carry her with out transforming, and I can’t get a car out without drawing attention…” he trailed of as Inora snuggled her face closer to his chest.
“Well…” Aya said with a grin slowly spreading on his face. “Slumber party!”
“Oh I love it!” I said clapping my hands.
“Gure, Aya,” Inora mumbled from Ha’ri’s chest. “Shut up.” Early into the night Ayame had insisted that she call him ‘Aya’ and she loved it to no end. Hatori sighed at us but then looked back at Inora, it was clear he didn’t want her to go even if she was just sleeping.
“I guess that’s the only option, of course you guys could go and she could-” he stopped himself realizing who he was talking to but it was too late.
“Ha’ri you dirty man!” I gushed.
“We wouldn’t dream to leave such a flower in your perverted hands!” Aya said sounding heroic. Hatori just sighed and leaned Inora away from him. He got on the side of her and lifted her off the table she had been sitting on. He made sure to hold her away from his body as he walked by us and down the hall to his room. When he came back a minute later, without Inora, he looked at us and ran his hand through his hair and sighed.
“You guys can have the guest room. I’ll go sleep on the couch,” he said and turned towards the living room.
“But Ha’ri, if your alone in the living room how will Aya and I make sure that you don’t sneak into Inora’s bed?” I asked with an evil grin.
“Shut up,” Hatori said while Aya giggled.

(A/N): You see why I needed to do this from Shigure’s POV? She was in a drunken stupor! Lol I think I might do the rest of the story in first person but I’m not sure… Let me know what you think! And as for the song i mentioned i would suggest hearing it. It is awesome! if you go to youtube type in: Rl Burnside- Rollin' Tumblin' (Remix) ;)
Sign up to rate and review this story