Categories > Anime/Manga > Naruto

And Sand Becomes Glass

by tsukiyuuki 1 review

A short scene between Gaara and Temari following their return to Sunagakure after the Chuunin exam, potential mild spoilers for the end of the exam. Drabble, 100 words. (Not exactly drama, but ther...

Category: Naruto - Rating: G - Genres: Drama - Characters: Gaara, Temari - Warnings: [!] - Published: 2006-06-11 - Updated: 2006-06-11 - 209 words - Complete

4Insightful
Disclaimer: I do not own in part or full any aspect of Naruto. This is the property of Kishimoto Masashi-sensei, his relevant partners and subsidiaries. I do own all original aspects of this fanfiction including but not limited to original characters and plot. This fanfiction has been published at no profit, purely for the enjoyment of the fans and the collective good of the series.

And Sand Becomes Glass
by Tsuki Yuuki


With time, heat, and pressure, coal becomes diamonds.

He'd learned that years ago, and remembered it after the Chuunin exam. He'd wondered if it was true, and had asked Temari. Still adjusting to him not being utterly vicious and homicidal, she'd looked at him strangely, then confirmed it was true.

Something so ugly and cheap turning into something so pretty and valuable was amazing.

Coal becomes diamonds. He wasn't coal, he'd told Temari.

No, she'd said, he wasn't. He was sand.

And sand? He'd asked. What about sand?

Coal becomes diamonds, she'd replied, and sand...

...Sand becomes glass.

Gaara smiled.


~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
fin
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Written for the 20_inkspots community on LiveJournal; from the Light Themes, One Word Trigger 12: Optimism

This was the first drabble I ever wrote, so please tell me how I did. Constructive criticism is encouraged and cherished!
Sign up to rate and review this story