Categories > Original > Drama > Chapter 1 - Never on time

Chapter 2 Part 1 - Second and Final chance

by katieblathers 0 reviews

The big night finally arrives but how are the crowd going to react?

Category: Drama - Rating: G - Genres: Drama - Published: 2011-10-15 - Updated: 2011-10-15 - 671 words

0Unrated
Chapter 2 Part 1 – Second and final chance

They arrived at the night club and let’s just say the atmosphere wasn’t very ‘lively’... at all.

‘Hey mate!’ whispered a voice behind Stefan, tapping his shoulder.
Stefan turned around ‘ASHLEY!’ he shouted in excitement.

Ashley was Stefan and Dru’s best friend. He had messy brunette hair, his eyes were a nutty brown. He wore a sleeveless blue Vans shirt that stopped perfectly at his hips, his jeans were plain black skinnies. Oh, and his shoes were the coolest, electric blue converse.

Holding hands with Ashley was his girlfriend, Abi. She had silky short chocolate brown hair, sky blue eyes that you could easily get lost in a trance with in a click of a finger. Everything about her was defined and perfect, she was the right height, she had the right style and the personality to match. Her and Ashley had been dating for 2 years, 3 months, 6 days and 5 hours (to be precise). She was obviously a keeper.

‘Ah, hey Abi!’ Stefan said happily while hugging her.
‘Mate, can’t believe you’ve finally bagged your first gig; you’ll have to do your best though, they’re a pretty tough crowd! Seems like just yesterday when you told me you wanted to be a singer!’ smiled Ashley.
‘Oh, tell me about it! It’s tough work, this singing shit.’
‘You’ve always liked a challenge, haha! Anyway, where’s Alice?’
‘I don’t know dude, I kind of miss her even though the last time I saw her was just two days ago, but it just seems too long.’ Stefan replied while looking down at his feet, almost like he was embarrassed.
‘Aw, little Stefan’s in love!’ teased Ashley while pinching Stefan’s cheeks playfully.

Alice was Stefan’s girlfriend, they had been dating for 3 years, on and off. This was their second try after a horrible break up, Stefan lied to her about going out with his friends and she was convinced he was cheating on her but after 2 long months of crying, heart break, arguments and shouting, they finally got back together but on Stefan’s last chance. If he messed up again, that would be it. They promised to never do anything to hurt each other and that was a promise Alice wanted Stefan to keep.

Alice had long, flowing, honey-blonde hair that mirrored the sun’s rays. She had bright emerald eyes that shone from a mile away. Alice was just a bit shorter than Stefan, but it didn’t matter because they made the perfect couple. Even if she was 7 ft tall it still wouldn’t matter!

‘Stefan, come on dude we’re on in 20 minutes!’ nervously said Henry as he grabbed Stefan.
‘Bye guys!’ shouted Stefan to Abi and Ashley while he was being dragged away.
Maya and Dru gave a sigh of relief when they saw Stefan walking in backstage.
‘It’s alright guys, I’m here, was just catching up with Ash and Abs. Anyway, we’ve got a show to rock!’

The rest of the band giggled, while making the way on the stage with their hearts beating 6 beats a second.

The room was square and small, but it was packed! About 200 people stood staring at them gormlessly with widen eyes, expecting the worse. Then, Dru counted in while hitting his drum sticks together at the same time ‘1, 2, 3’. Stefan and Henry started strumming their guitars to the beat and suddenly as Stefan and Maya started singing, a rush of excitement streamed through the room and in no time everyone was bouncing with the music. They loved it! To Stefan, those short 10 minutes seemed to go on forever, but he wouldn’t change it for the world, he loved every second of it, the same goes for his band mates.

As the band got off the stage and made their way to the exit, meeting Ashley and Abi on the way, Stefan’s phone rang, it was Alice.

END OF CHAPTER 2 PART 1
Sign up to rate and review this story