Categories > Celebrities > My Chemical Romance > Twist of Fate

Batteries

by WeAreTheFallen 0 reviews

"Frankie. He's wild just like you."

Category: My Chemical Romance - Rating: PG-13 - Genres: Angst,Drama,Romance - Characters: Frank Iero - Published: 2011-10-17 - Updated: 2011-10-17 - 1171 words - Complete

0Unrated
My mom doesn’t let me spend the night. She says that I’ve not been doing my homework and my grades are falling because of Amber. Sometimes I hate my mother. Amber needs me and if my grades drop I don’t give a damn…not right now anyway.

I sit in my room and wait for the walkie to crack. It never does. Watching Amber’s window I can see her moving back and forth, her eyes darting over here then back to the floor. What in the world is going on?

After a few moments a piece of paper is held up the window, ‘they took the batteries’ is written across it in purple sharpie.

Quickly I scan my room for paper and a sharpie. Eventually I find some, writing back to her. ‘Why’d they do that?’

For a few seconds I watch her write, hair covering her face, ‘no clue. I can’t find any spares, I miss your voice.’

My heart sinks, ‘hold on.’

Sneaking downstairs I try to find extra batteries. Eventually I come across some. As I go to exit through the back door my mom stops me, pointing me back towards my room. Again I feel a pang of hate towards the women who birthed me. I don’t understand why she’s being such a bitch about the whole thing.

Grumbling I go and look out my window and hold the batteries up for Amber to see, her face lights up a little but there is no smile. I miss her smile more than anything. I’d give a few organs to just see that perfect smile grace Amber’s face again.

‘I’ll have Gerard come get them,’ she writes disappearing for a second,coming back holding up a little kitten in front of the window.

It’s white with black splotches around its eyes. The tip of the kitten’s tail along with its ears and paws are doused in black. Amber’s mom did a good job in finding her a companion. I just hope she enjoys it.

Just then the back door opens and Gerard comes to get the batteries, “You’re mom is upset about this.”

“I don’t give a fuck,” I respond as he leaves.

I wait a few minutes before I hear Amber’s soft voice over the walkie talkie. I just about lunge for it, glad the batteries work.

“Thanks for the batteries Frank,” she says still looking at me from her window.

“No problem. What’s your cat’s name?”

I can see her glance behind her, the kitten appearing on her lap, “Frankie. He’s wild just like you.”

I feel warm inside. I honestly cannot believe she’d name her pet after me. It’s a sweet gesture that almost makes me give in and tell Amber just how I feel…that I’ve been in love with her for a very long time but I don’t. She’s still not ready…she doesn’t need anymore stress right now. Besides, I’m coming up with a plan, something sweet that will make it very special.

“Frank, can I tell you something?”

“Of course, Ambo, you can tell me anything,” I answer wondering what will come out of her mouth.

“Today, right after I they took Garry away, I felt like I defeated a monster. I felt like a weight was lifted,” she explains.

“That’s really good Amber. He’s not coming back. He can’t ever get you again,” I say. She’s being so brave.

“Then my dad called. He’s coming tomorrow,” she continues.

Goddammit, Amber hates her father and it’s not just cause he cheated on her mother. Anytime anything goes even a little bit wrong or some story on the news talks about something bad happening in Belleville her dad comes by to try and talk Amber into living with him. Normally she handles it with a very simple explanation of how happy she is here. I don’t know how she’ll handle it this time. Will this be the thing that pushes her over the edge?

“What are you gonna say to him?”

Amber sighs, “The same thing I say every time he comes over; that I don’t want to leave. That I like it here and I couldn’t leave my best friend.”

“You’re a very brave girl Amber,” I say meaning it. “You ready for bed?”

“Yeah, it’s been a stressful day and tomorrow isn’t going to be any better. Sing to me,” she answers and I see her light go out.

“Are you in bed?”

“Yes.”

“Alright, put the walkie on the floor, close your eyes,” I say. “When I see your smile tears run down my face. I can’t replace. And now that I’m stronger I’ve figured out how this world turns cold and breaks through my soul and I know, I’ll find deep inside me I can be the one. I will never let you fall. I’ll stand up with you forever. I’ll be there for you through it all, even if saving you sends me to Heaven. It’s okay…it’s okay…it’s okay. Seasons are changing and waves are crashing and stars are falling all for us. Day grow longer and nights grow shorter; I can show you, I’ll be the one. I will never let you fall. I’ll stand up with you forever. I’ll be there for you through it all, even if saving you sends me to Heaven cause you’re my, you’re my, my, my true love, my whole heart, please don’t throw that away. Cause I’m here for you, please don’t walk away and please tell me you’ll stay, stay. Use me as you will, pull my strings just for a thrill and know I’ll be okay though my skies are turning grey. I will never let you fall. I’ll stand up with you forever. I’ll be there for you through it all, even if saving you sends me to Heaven.”

For a very long time I stay quiet, letting her fall asleep. There is indeed one more thing I need to say but I don’t know if I want Amber to hear. After about ten minutes I press the little button down, letting out a long breath.

“You know the night…the one five days before everything happened? Well, that night, when I got to hold you in my arms, when you belonged to me for those few hours…that was the best night of my life,” I say. “I love you Amber.”

Note: I'm in love with this chapter. Not sure why, I just feel like I did a good job with it. You'll have to let me know what you think. Anways, going to a soccer game. I'll update later tonight. :)
Sign up to rate and review this story