Categories > Anime/Manga > Pokemon

Aura's Chosen

by DauthRen

Ash goes through a life-changing transformation that hasn't been seen for centuries. Will the changes that affect him mentally and physically be enough to save the world? Is the world worth saving?...

Category: Pokemon - Rating: NC-17 - Genres: Angst,Romance - Characters: Ash - Warnings: [V] [X] - Published: 2011-10-18 - Updated: 2011-10-19 - 2440 words

?Blocked
Pairing: Ash/Cynthia

Ages: Cynthia: 21. Ash: 16.

Disclaimer: I do not own Pokemon. I figure that is pretty obvious...

This story is also on fanfiction(dot)net. Yes. Tis Me. MyLifeMyRules. Figured I would expand myself and bring you Rayshippers here on FicWad some Ash/Cynthia fluffiness

Aura's Chosen

Chapter 1 – New Endings and Old Beginnings.


--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

A young man with unruly black hair hidden under a Pokemon League hat was staring at the floor, a blank expression on his face as thoughts whirled around in his head. No one spared the young man a second glance as they continued on, having places to go, things to do, and people to meet. That would be nice, not having a care, being able to ignore the sorrow, agony, pain, and anger that plagued their world. To be able to ignore the people that experience such emotions every day, to turn a blind eye to those who are unable to take everything they have for granted. He would give anything to go back to such a life, he would give anything to go back in time and change what had taken place that day.

Would it make any difference though? Could he really have done anything to change the outcome of today? Certainly he would have tried, he may very well have died doing it, lost several things he had lost anyway, but the one thing that mattered most to him might have made it. If he had been stronger, if he hadn't wasted all the time that he had acting so childish, if he had been able to read the signs and take the precautions he should have taken.

It wasn't completely his fault, and he knew that, though he loathed to admit it. At the same time, it was more his fault than anyone else. He could have prevented this, he should have prevented this, but he was too busy living in a fantasy, a childish dream of becoming a Pokemon Master had taken that which was most important to him.

What had he expected, honestly. He had messed with too many people for this to come as a surprise to him, yet he had foolishly believed himself invincible, and now he was paying the price. There were consequences for everything in life, some good and some bad. This had been a bad one, and the worst part was someone else had taken the brunt of it, all he had was the emotional consequence, someone else had taken the physical.

"Ash Ketchum, your pokemon are ready for you." The sound of a sweet voice broke the young man out of his thoughts.

With a sigh the black haired trainer walked over to the counter the sweet voice had come from, eying the pretty nurse warily. The young man took the five poke-balls from the tray and felt a weight on his shoulder. Turning his head to see the yellow electric mouse pokemon staring at him in concern.

He felt slightly better, seeing the familiar face on his shoulder. "You alright?" he asked his partner softly, sure that had the electric mouse not have sensitive hearing he would not have heard the question.

"Pika." The small mouse nuzzled his cheek and nodded.

"Thank you." the young trainer said, turning back to the pink haired nurse, still unable to find the strength to put any emotion onto his face.

"You're quite welcome, is there anything else you need?" Ash immediately saw the look of pity that was on her face and he bit back a rather rude remark. He didn't need anyone feeling sorry for him, he had plenty of that on his own.

"I'm fine."

The pink haired nurse nodded but as an after thought she called to his retreating back. "If you ever need someone to talk to, I'm right here."

The young man with a Pikachu on his shoulder stopped, and turned slightly. He opened his mouth to say something but the words died in his throat. Instead he gave her a small nod before exiting the center.


--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Ash Ketchum walked along the fairly deserted path that led from the Pokemon Center to the Stadium. His head tilted up as he saw the large screen on far side of the stadium. The final two in the final eight were going at it, trying to secure a spot in the final four. Shaking his head with a sigh he continued walking with his head down, not caring where he was going, and not noticing the growing look of concern on his yellow companion's face.

The emotionally confused young man had been wondering the paths, never looking up, trying hard to clear his head with little success. Finally he was forced to a stop when he saw two shadows, elongated by the setting sun, in his path. His head tilted up and he inwardly groaned, of all the people he didn't want to see right now, they were on the top of the list.

"Ash! Where have you been? We have been worried sick, you better have a good excuse for making us wait so long!" The young black haired trainer sighed, he wasn't in the mood for one of Dawn's rants or Brock trying to give advice, acting as if he were all knowing and wise.

"I was at the Pokemon Center." Ash said in an emotionless voice that seemed to match his face.

"Oh... Well what took you so long! Why didn't you tell us where you were going? Also, what happened today? I haven't seen you battle so poorly since that gym battle with Roark." Dawn simply didn't get that he wanted to be left alone, and her constant nagging was grating on his nerves more than usual.

"Ash, are you feeling alright? We should go have a talk, I could probably give you some advice for what you're going through, I was your age once and I probably went through the same thing." Ah, there it was, the wise Brock with his fountain of knowledge.

Of course Brock didn't know what he was going through or how he felt, Ash himself didn't even know how he felt. Would that stop them from trying to meddle into his life? No, no it wouldn't, he was sick and tired of them treating him like a child, everyone treating him like a child. He had saved the bloody world several times, and their lives personally more times than he cared to count.

Everyone looked to him when they needed him to do something heroic, but any other time he was a child that couldn't care for himself. The pain, anguish, and anger that had been building in him was slowly starting to make its presence known, and he had to bite back more sarcastic remarks than he ever thought he was capable of.

Where was their pain? They had been at his side when he had been out there, saving the world. Ash rolled his eyes at the description, 'saving the world'... more like 'making enemies'. He didn't wish the pain he felt right now on anyone, but he still felt cheated that he was the only one paying the price of his 'heroic actions'. They had been there, they had never done much to help, mostly they just got in the way, but still they had been there, why weren't they being targeted?

"Ash! Are you even listening to us! So you lost your battle to Paul, big whoop. Just because you got creamed by your arch rival again doesn't mean you can go around moping about it and treating us like crap!" Once again he was torn away from his thoughts, she really couldn't just keep her mouth shut.

The fact that she thought he was acting this way because of some stupid battle would have been amusing, but with all the other emotions running through the teenage trainer's body he just didn't have any room for amusement.

With a sigh he tried to push past them but they seemed intent on not letting him leave. "Just... Just leave me alone, alright?" Ash tried brushing past them once more, he would talk to them later, explain why he wasn't in the mood to talk right now, but of course they would never allow that. They wouldn't just leave him alone to think, they had to crowd him and offer him advice he didn't want on a subject they knew nothing about. All the smothering was making him mentally and physically ill.

Dawn apparently didn't understand what 'leave me alone' meant though, as the young man tried brushing past them once more she shoved him hard in the chest, effectively sending him several feet backwards. Not expecting this he lost his footing and landed hard on his ass. Pikachu was getting annoyed at the two standing in their way and hopped off Ash's shoulder, sparks flying around his tail and cheeks as he glared at the two.

"They aren't worth it Pi." The mouse pokemon hopped back on his now standing trainer's shoulder, still glaring at them from his perch. All the emotions he had been feeling during the day came rushing forward in a tidal wave. The normally gentle brown eyes flashed a dangerous cold blue as he glared at the two standing in his way.

"If you do not move, I will move you." The sound of his voice shocked even himself. It sounded cold and hard. The vicious sound of his voice combined with the cold blue eyes they had never seen before shocked them into moving. Finally he was able to push past them, the urge to lash out at them physically was barely contained as he stalked forward, his entire body running off of pure emotion.

"Ash! Stop! What's wrong with you!"

He stopped, turning on his heel to face them, the piercing blue ripping into them. "Don't pretend that you know me. Don't pretend you know what I'm going through. I will say it one last time. Leave. Me. Alone." With that Ash turned and started walking away, leaving the two stuttering and wide-eyed. The words had a strong affect, but stronger still was the hate and anger that had been seeping out of him. Neither had ever seen Ash like this, the strange piercing and cold blue eyes, the feral snarl on his lips, and the emotion that he seemed to almost physically unleash on them. Both of them gave each other a quick look before high tailing it back to the Pokemon Center.


--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Ash had been stalking through the dense forest for what felt like hours now. He didn't know where he was going, but he had left the path long ago and was now traveling blindly through the dark forest as the sun was almost completely set. Every single emotion he had been feeling all day was erupting from where he had sealed them deep inside himself. Sadness, pain, anger, disgust, regret, sorrow, and disappointment were only a few of the emotions that were now running rampant in his body.

If he had bothered to look he would have realized that his body had taken on a blue glow, the pure energy of the emotions surrounding him, growing more and more by the minute. The urge to destroy something had been trying to force itself into his mind, but so far he had been able to force it back.

Unable to stand the growing energy any longer he broke out into a full sprint. The black haired youth dodged left and right to avoid any obstacles, jumping over fallen trees, and ducking under low hanging branches. He felt alive, he could feel the forest around him, feel the branches, the trees, the mud puddles. Ash could have easily closed his eyes and continued at the same breakneck pace, he wasn't using them anyway. He was feeling his way through the forest, pushing himself as hard as he could, using all of his pent up emotions as energy he ran faster than he ever had before, at a speed that would put even the best quick attack to shame.

Pikachu was hanging onto his companion's shoulder for dear life. The growing energy he felt from his trainer and the blue light surrounding his body had begun to make him nervous. The small mouse was amazed at how fast his friend was moving, and how agile he was in dodging anything in his way. The yellow mouse pokemon had no choice but to wait until his trainer stopped, he knew if he let go now he would not be able to keep up with him in the dark and dense forest.


--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Ash was starting to feel the emotions drain from him as he used the energy to run. He couldn't be sure how long he had been running, but it had to have been at least more than an hour. The ebon haired trainer's legs were burning and he was having to gasp for air as he continued running. The forest around him was starting to grow darker. Before he had been able to feel everything within several hundred feet, but the distance was slowly waning as he was forced to slow down, only being able to feel things within roughly five feet of him.

The emotions had exhausted themselves and he had slowed down to little more than a jog. Having used all of his pent up energy he quickly slowed from a jog to a walk, the blue aura still engulfing him in its bright light. His ability to feel the things around him left him abruptly. The forest was pitch black, he finally noticed the blue light surrounding him and was entranced by its ethereal beauty.

All his energy left almost as suddenly as it had come. He could feel Pikachu still on his shoulder but the mouse felt as if he weighed a ton. Every last bit of energy he had he could feel going into the blue light surrounding him. After a few more steps he fell to the ground, panting heavily, unable to lift his weary limbs. Ash heard a soft squeak from his companion as he nudged his head trying to get him up. He wanted to get up, he did, but the pretty light around him needed his energy.

Pouring every last ounce of energy that he was able to call on at will into the pretty blue light, he felt the weight of his weary limbs drifting away as his eyes closed and he entered the blissful realm of darkness.


--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

~MyLifeMyRules~
Sign up to rate and review this story