Categories > Original > Drama > Chicana

Ruinous

by sickly_ill 0 reviews

"Well, shit! I've given you everything and you can't even give me any!" He pushed off the bed. I was shocked and enraged. This rat!

Category: Drama - Rating: PG-13 - Genres: Angst,Drama - Published: 2011-10-29 - Updated: 2011-10-29 - 2680 words

0Unrated

A/N: I'm so sorry. School started up again and junior year has just been kinda hectic so bear with me.

Ricky took me out to the nice, little Mexican restaurant his dad owned. We got a private table. There were candles, and flowers and ellegant place settings. It was really romantic. No one has ever done this for me. "Do you like it?" Ricky smiles.
"No," I frown.
"Well, we can go somewhere else!" He starts for the exit, but I pull him back.
"I love it." I smile and kiss his cheek.
"You had me going there, mija!" Ricky breathed. I just laughed.
We both had enchiladas and virgin margaritas since his dad wouldn't let us have real ones. Which was a relief for me seeing I don't drink at all. "Well, mijo, you picked a real pretty one." His dad smiled at me while he cleared our table.
"I can take that for you." I stood up and was about to take the plate from his hands.
"Leave it. You're my date and my dad's guest." Ricky jumped up to put me back in my seat.
"Mija, I can handle it." His dad smiled at me again.
"Just relax, chicita." Ricky went back to his seat and his dad left with our plates.
"I was trying to be helpful." I looked down at the table.
"Babe, I don't want you to lift a finger when you're with me. I want to pamper you. When you're with me you don't have to worry about anything. I don't want you to have to." He smiled and placed his warm hand over mine. I just nodded. "You want dessert?" He asked.
"I don't know. What do they have here?" I picked up the menu and looked. "Fried ice cream sounds hella good right now." I smiled.
"Okay," Ricky nodded and called, "Chucho!" A young tan man came in the back. "Nieve frita, porfa?" He said and the guy nodded.
"Who was that?"
"That's my cousin. He is staying with us for a while until he gets enough money to get his own place." Ricky said.
"Well, that's nice of you guys." I nodded.
"Yeah, he's cool."
Our fried ice cream came and we took our time eating it and then left. We walked to a park nearby and sat on the swings. "This was a good day. Thanks." I smiled at Ricky.
"De nada, amor." Ricky pulled the chains of my swing and stole a soft kiss from me. "I really like you, Raquel." He whispered. I blushed. Another kiss, then another and we were making out. His tongue grazing mine, his lips moving softly. I felt all fuzzy and wobbly. Like if I didn't hold onto him I'd melt into a pool beneath him, so I grabbed the back of his neck and ran my hands through his stiff hair. We stayed that way till I heard a rumble of thunder.
"Oh shit." I looked up to the gray clouds that formed over our heads.
"Looks like it's gonna rain." I heard Ricky say.
"It smells like it's gonna rain." I smiled. I loved the smell of rain on dry sidewalks.
"Rain smells?" Ricky asked.
"Yeah," I smiled and then I felt a small drop splash on my cheek. I closed my eyes and let the drops drench my face. "Everything is getting nature's wash." I smiled and stood up from the swing.
"You like the rain?" Ricky asked.
"Yes." Was all I said before I started walking around with my eyes closed, in the rain.
"A donde vas, loca?" Ricky grabbed my hand. I was brought back to Earth. I looked at him.
"Al cielo." I started walking to no particular place. Ricky followed with his hand on my hip. "I love Oregon." I smiled.
"Why?"
"Because, unlike California, Oregon's a rain forest. Just not tropical. And it's green!" I laughed.
"So is California."
"Nothern Cali, maybe. But southern California is just smog." I said.
"And that's the part I'm from." Ricky smiled.
"No wonder you're so ghetto!" I joked.
"At least I'm street smart, not a suburb brat." He laughed.
"Hey! It isn't my fault I was brought up here. My dad moved here when my mom died." I said.
"I'm sorry, babe." We stopped and sat on a nearby bench. "How did she die?"
"She was hit by a car." I looked down at the sidewalk. "I was three. I don't remember much. Just that my mom was gone forever and my brother wasn't even there for me. Not even my dad."
"Where was your brother?" Ricky questioned.
"He was away at my tia's. My dad and mom couldn't handle him anymore so they settled that he would live with my aunt till he felt he wanted to come back. He never said goodbye to me. I went to sleep and when I woke up he was gone. I saw him at the funeral, but we were too upset to even look at each other. Now he's somewhere in Iraq." Ricky wrapped me in his arms.
"Well, I'm here for you." He whispered. I smiled.
"Yeah, you are." I looked at him. He winked at me and we went back to my place. "Well, I guess you gotta go." I pouted.
"Hey, I'll see you tomorrow." He tried to cheer me up. "How 'bout I come and pick you up. We can get some breakfast before I take you to school." He suggested. I nodded. "Be ready by 6:30." He touched my cheek and left.
I couldn't sleep that night. Ricky's got me so tangled up. And he let me open up. Guys hate when girls talk about their personal lives. But Ricky isn't like that. He cared and he showed me that today. But talking about my brother was awkward for me. I had never talked about him to anybody. Not even my dad. It was like he never existed. Now thinking about it. I miss him. Even though I was so young when he left and the last time I saw him was at Mom's funeral I miss his presence. I missed his messy bed hair. I miss everything about him. Even though I didn't get to know him for very long, but I feel like I've known him all my life, but never noticed it.
Since I couldn't sleep I got up and called my Tia Licha. She was the tia I remember calling all the time for my brother. Wondering when he was going to go live with her. And the most fucked up thing is I don't even know his name. I just can't remember calling him by another name than just Pelon. That was his nickname I grew up with when he lived with us.
It rang once, twice, thrice, "Hello?" I groggy voice answered.
"Tia?" I asked.
"Raquel?"
"Yeah," I laughed out of awkwardness.
"What's up, mija?" She asked.
"Sorry I called late, but I was wondering about Pelon." I said. "It came up today that I haven't ever talked to him since he left." A knot formed in my throat. "And I was wondering if you've heard from him in Iraq."
"Yeah, we send letters. He calls whenever he can." She said.
"Well, where is he? I want to contact him." I got right to the point.
"Oh, mija, I don't know. It's been two weeks since he sent me a letter last." A sinking feeling swept across my body.
"Well, when you hear from him, can you tell him I'm looking for him?" I asked.
"Yeah, sure. He'll be surprised to hear from you. I can give you his name and stuff so you can send him a letter." She suggested.
"Yeah?" I wrote down everything and finally slept for a few hours before getting up and getting ready for Ricky.

Breakfast went by so fast. I never wanted it to end. But I had to get to school. I had some tests I needed to pass. So, Ricky drove me to school. "I'll be back to pick you up after school." He smiled.
"Don't you go to school?" I asked. Where did he get all his free time from?
"I take classes online." He said.
"Oh, that works." I smiled. He just giggled.
"Then, maybe after school we can go to my house and just chill out?" He asked.
"Yeah, that sounds like fun." I smiled and kissed him goodbye.
The whole day was a blur. All I was thinking about was Ricky. I still aced my tests, but that took a lot of concentration from me. By the end of the day I was drained. But even then I rushed to the parking lot to find his car parked and him waiting for me on the hood of his Cadillac. When he saw me he smiled and waved.
At his house we just chilled out and ate junk food. I was sitting on the couch doing some chem homework when Ricky came up behind me and started kissing my neck. "Ricky," I giggled, "I need to get this done."
"You work too hard, baby." He tried to take my homework from me.
"I know, but I'm almost done." Which was a total lie because I still had more shit to study for my AP tests.
"No you're not." He kept kissing me. I was starting to like it.
"C'mon, let me just get this done." I said, but he didn't answer me. He just took my book and set it aside. I looked up at him. "You're a bad influence on me." I laughed. He smiled in satisfaction and trailed kisses all over my neck. Then, his hands found the back my thighs and he lifted me off the couch, all while behind the couch. He dragged me over the couch and his lips found mine. He wrapped his arms around my waist and my hands found the hem of his white shirt he always wears under his flannel. I raped my nails over his abs and I felt his body shiver.
We pulled apart to breathe. "You make me crazy, loca." He said, I laughed. Then he attacked my lips again. I started lifting his shirt up his body while his hands fell down my backside and slid over my butt. And when I got his shirt up to his armpits he stopped so I could remove it from him. Everything got more heated when he started unbuttoning my blouse. Once it was all unbuttoned he stopped again to look at me.
"What?" I asked. "What's wrong?"
"Nothing, babe." He laughed. "I just want to look at you." He smiled, which made me smile.
"Do I look okay?" I asked just out of stupididty. He chuckled.
"You looked perfect, loca." We started kissing again. Then, we jumped when we heard the door swing open and slam shut. We looked up and saw his cousin, Benny staring at us. "Shit, Benny. Don't you ever knock first!?" I started buttoning up my blouse all the while he was holding up his shirt so his cousin wouldn't see me. Which I thought was sweet.
"Sorry, primo. But I just got me some new rims on my truck and it looks bitchin', primo." He smiled.
"You interupted us for that!" Ricky asked in disbelief.
"Sorry, Ricky." Benny just shurgged.
"It's okay, Benny." I smiled and started cleaning up my books and papers.
"Hey, babe, you don't have to leave because of this moron." Ricky said.
"Why do you think I would leave just because of him? Do you want me to leave?" I asked.
"No, I just thought you wre packing up to leave because of Benny."
"No." I shook my head. "I'm not even embarassed. I'm sure he is more embarassed because he walked in on you gettin' some and he's not gettin' any." I said.
"Oooooo!" Ricky laughed. Benny just turned red. "I love you, loca." Ricky doubled over laughing.
"Hey! Abstinance is key!" Benny got mad and left. Now I felt bad.
"Babe, don't feel bad. He's just over sensitive. He's always been." Ricky came over and hugged me.
"Next time we do that, let's get to your room first." I smiled.
"Why don't we pick up where we left off right now?" Ricky grinned and started for my neck.
"'Cause I need to finish my homework first." I pushed him away and he just sighed. I sat back down on the couch and finished everything up. Then, I put everything away back in my backpack.
"Now?" Ricky asked, who was sitting next to me on the couch. I laughed and nodded. He smiled and started kissing me again. His fingers working on my buttons again. Then the door opened. Ricky sighed and hung his head down. "You've got to be kidding me?" He looked up and saw his mom and dad come in with bags of groceries.
"Andale, Ricky. Help us with the rest of the bags." His mom said. I got up too and helped. There weren't very many bags so we finished in two rounds. "Who's this, Ricky?" His mom asked.
"Ama, this is Raquel." I extended my hand.
"Tu novia?" She asked, taking my hand and shaking it gently.
"Mom," Ricky grumbled. "I haven't asked her yet. We're just going out." He said.
"Do you like him, mija?" She asked me.
"Yeah, a lot." I smiled. She just nodded and smiled at Ricky, who was covering his face in embarassment.
"C'mon, Raquel, let's go upstairs." He grabbed my hand.
"Uh, okay." I said. "It was nice to meet you." I waved at his mom.
"Would you like to stay for dinner?" She asked.
"That would be awesome!" I said before being dragged upstairs. "Why are you so embarassed?" I asked Ricky.
"'Cause my mom asks stupid questions." He opened the door to his room and I followed him in.
"Don't be mean." I laughed. "At least you got a mom." I said.
"I'm sorry, babe." He frowned ashamed.
"I'm not trying to guilt trip you or anything, I just want you to be grateful of what you have." I smiled and grabbed his hand.
"I am. I always am, but my mom can be kinda....annoying." He laughed. I just giggled and sat on his bed. "Now, hopefully we don't get interupted again." He put one hand on each side of my hips and leaned down to kiss me. We removed each others shirts and were laying side by side on his bed. His hands ran down my waist and slowly unbuttoned my jeans, then unzipped my zipper. His hand went to grab my hip inside my jeans. His hands were rough and as he grazed my skin. Then, he tried to get my pants off. I pulled away. "What's wrong?" He asked confused.
"I just think it's too early for that." I said.
"What?" He asked in shock.
"We've only been dating for a while. We aren't even boyfriend and girlfriend." I said. He just sighed. I waited for him to respond.
"Raquel, do you want to be my girlfriend?" He asked insincerely. This seemed sketchy. It seems that all he wanted was sex. That doesn't work for me.
"Why are you asking all of a sudden?"
"Why can't I ask?"
"Well, it just seems your askin' to get some." I said.
"Well, shit! I've given you everything and you can't even give me any!" He pushed off the bed. I was shocked and enraged. This rat!
"Here!" I reach for my wallet and throw all my money at him. "I paid you back so now I don't owe you anything!" I grabbed my clothes and got dressed and left. His mom was yelling after me but I didn't stop. I just kept walking till I reached my house. This fucking asshole!
I open the door and slam it shut. And immediatley I see the Wicked Bitch of the West on top of the counter kissing some guy. "What the fuck!?"
Sign up to rate and review this story