Categories > Comics > X-Men > Champions of War

Epilouge

by Quik_sylver 0 reviews

Category: X-Men - Rating: G - Genres:  - Characters: Cyclops,Jean Grey - Published: 2011-10-30 - Updated: 2011-10-31 - 950 words - Complete

0Unrated
Final part! Short and sweet! Sorry if the sentences jumble up - I keep editing but it still stays the same! It happens to the italics and some of the bold words. Sorry.

EPILOUGE

It was a good day for everyone. The chaos was over. They now had time to relax and let go of their worries. It was especially a rare moment for Scott and Jean. They were now able reconnect. They had a chance to be closer than ever before. In fact, they even took time to take a stroll around Utopia.

"This is nice."

"What is?"

"Utopia. It's a grand place… You've created a safe haven for all mutants, Scott. It's such an incredible feat."

"Well, I couldn't have done it without the help of everyone. We all did it."

"Stop being so modest. You led us here. It was because of the decisions you made that got us here. You answered the questions of all mutants and united them."

"Speaking of questions… I kinda have one myself."

"Well, I'm sure all of us can help out in finding the answers– "

"No. I have a question for you. This isn't about being mutants, Utopia or the team, the question is about us."

"What is it?"

"Do you remember when we went to the supermarket and I said that I had an errand to run?"

"Yes, I did. What was that all about anyway?"

"About this… About us... I don't want you to get too excited or freaked out but…" Scott kneeled down in front of her.

Jean's eyes widened. "Scott… I'm not getting what you're saying…Why are you kneeling!"

"It's not what you think – sort of…"

"Then what is it? I'm confused here – "

"Jean Grey, I dreamed of you when I was an orphaned child. My heart jumped the day we met. And I'll reach for your hand the day I die… And I always will. You kept me going, Jean. Even when all odds were against me, you kept me going."

"Scott, what are you – Are you?"

"I don't want to rush things. I know it hasn't been that long – well, maybe it has been. But I want you to know I am ready to commit to you. I will marry you again, Jean. When we're ready, I will marry you…That is, if you still want me."

"Oh my God. You don't know how long I've wanted to hear you say that," Jean started to cry." Of course I do! What made you even think of doing this?"

"My life isn't easy. I admit there are things I'd like to do over or change… But you know the one decision I'll never change? It's us. I realized that being with you – I'll never change it. You are the best thing that still is happening to me."

She was still crying. She was speechless. She didn't know what to say or how to say it. So she knelt down as well. She hugged Scott tightly.

"I… I wanted to give you this… This is where I ran off to while you were at the supermarket." Scott reached into his pocket and pulled out a small box. He opened it in front of Jean and inside was a ring. "It's not an engagement ring or anything. It's just… Well, let's call it a promise."

"Oh, Scott… It's beautiful. But…" Jean kissed him. "…Aren't we a little old for promise rings?"

"Maybe," he laughed. "I don't want to waste any more time. I've lost you before. I'm not taking any more chances this time. I'm making it count. I love you, Jean."

"I love you, too, Scott. With all my heart."

Scott leaned forward and Jean did the same. Their lips met with a passionate kiss.

"And by the way, I liked your speech."

"Really? I copied it from someone else."

"I'm sure you did." Jean kissed him again.

Unknown to the couple, their display of affection was being watched. Kurt, Storm, Kitty and the others were watching them through the mansion windows.

"Attaboy, Scott." Beast said.

"Indeed."

"It took them long enough! Finally!" Kitty exclaimed.

"….WAIT….."

"What is it, Bobby?"

"So, they're getting married? Did we just see a proposal!"

"OMIGOD! Are they? I saw Scott kneel down!"

Suddenly, the group heard a voice inside their heads.

'No, we're not. Not yet,anyway.Could you please think a little softer?I could hear your thoughts from here.' Jean sent through her telepathy.

"Sorry, Jean."

They heard no response.

"Jean? Yoohoo? Are you still there?"

Still no response.

"Jean?"

'She can't talk now. She will when we get back.' Now it was Scott who spoke through Jean. The others were baffled and looked out through the window again. There they saw Scott and Jean still kissing and holding each other close. They were smiling as they looked into each others eyes. They didn't want to let go. They had this chance to be together and that's what they plan on doing. They had each other again – and that's all that matters.

THE END

…And that's it! The end of my first ever fanfic! I hoped you liked reading it as much as I did writing it. I'll be making another one soon. If I don't like what Marvel is doing or the stories they're doing, I'll probably write my version of how I want it to go – like I did this one. Ha.

So, check up on my profile or something to see if I've posted anything new. I've actually written the first two chapters of a new story… still working on the kinks though.

Thanks for all who supported me and reviewed! Much appreciated!
Sign up to rate and review this story