Categories > Celebrities > My Chemical Romance > A Celebrated Man Amongst The Gurneys

And All The Things That You Never Ever Told Me (chapter 9)

by striketoincinerate 0 reviews

Well, I'm concluding!

Category: My Chemical Romance - Rating: PG-13 - Genres: Romance - Characters: Gerard Way,Mikey Way - Warnings: [!] - Published: 2011-10-31 - Updated: 2011-10-31 - 975 words - Complete

1Ambiance
So I think this is going to be the last chapter for now. PG-13 for language, I hope thats right? I'm not very fond of this at all, but if anyone's really disappointed please R&R with suggestions to make it better? I think I'll add a mini chapter on at the very end as a sort of flashforward so watch this space! Thank you all so much for reading and reviewing, you guys are awesome. I'm hoping to start another story soon if anyones interested! Mwah. xo

Gerard's POV.
A month later.

Gerard surveyed the lonely, empty room with his wide brown eyes. At his feet sat a small, battered suitcase holding all of his belongings, meagre though they were. He wouldn't miss the hospital. He wouldn't miss any of the patients- he hadn't met very many during his stay, and any he had left long before him. He wouldn't miss much about Belleville Institute. But he would miss Frank. A part of him had hoped against hope that he would have come to say goodbye. If nothing else, Gerard had assumed they were friends. But he supposed people don't make friends in hospitals, specially not with their patients. Frank would be too busy to see him, of course he would. Gerard was no longer ill- Frank didnt need to say goodbye. He looked out for the last time over the grounds they had spent so much time in, and wondered vaguely what Frank had thought during the time they had spent together. He supposed, as he watched the new leaves the trees had sprouted for spring be battered around by the wind, that he hadn't been thinking the same as Gerard.
As he was thinking this, the door swung open and Gerard whipped his head around, only to be met with a young, pretty blonde nurse standing in the door way. 'Mr Way?', she asked with a beaming smile. 'Your mother and brother are here to collect you. Are you ready to go?'
Gerard surveyed the room one last time, his eyes deliberately steering clear of the window onto the grounds. 'Yeah. Yeah, I am.' He turned from the room and followed the nurse down the corridor, stopping by the office as he ran towards his family. He was ready to start a new life.


Frank's POV.

Frank ran along the corridor, his white coat flapping behind him as the doors in the corridor passed in a blur. After an hour of furiously debating with himself, he had decided to tell him. To just tell Gerard how he felt and fuck everyone else because he wasn't spending another night thinking 'what if.' He was driving himself crazy and he decided that before Gerard left the hospital he would tell him. Reaching number 403, he took a breath, composed himself and pushed the door open. 'Gerard, I...'
Frank realised with a start that the room was empty. The bed next to the window was made up neatly, with fresh sheets and without a single crease, the same as any other bed in the room. He was too late. Frank felt like kicking something. He scrubbed his fingers through his freshly washed and neatly arranged hair, dragging his nails across his scalp. He was an idiot. A stupid, fucking idiot, and now Gerard was gone and would totally hate him and fuck fuck fuck. He paced around the room, cursing under his breath and resisting from kicking the wall. Exiting the room, he ran in direction of the office. 'Sarah?', he adressed the blonde working behind the desk. 'Where's Gerard? I mean, when did Mr Way leave the hospital?'
Sarah smiled sadly at Frank as she answered, 'I'm afraid you just missed him sir, he left about 15 minutes ago, but sir wait a moment!' The rest of her sentence fell on deaf ears as Frank sprinted to the front exit, in case by some miracle Gerard was still inside the hospital grounds. Of course, that was highly unlikely and Frank was left standing in the middle of the driveway, dejected and kicking himself for not finding the courage to tell Gerard sooner. He lashed out at the door at the hospital entrance without thinking, kicking the wood hard in his soft soled shoes. So, to add insult to injury, he now had a throbbing toe as well as a horrible twisting feeling in his stomach. Wonderful. He had managed to ruin any chance at being happy for the first time in God knows how long, and he couldn't blame anyone else but himself. Turning to re-enter the building, staring at the floor in an effort to ignore his thoughts, he hardly noticed that Sarah from the office was standing behind him. 'Oh, sorry Sarah,' he said in an almost whisper. 'I didn't see you there.' Looking up quickly, he saw she was smiling at him. 'It's alright, sir. I just wanted to give you this.' She handed him a small white envelope, smiling further as she did so. 'I was going to give it to you earlier but you, you know, ran away?' Frank couldn't help but smile with her as he slipped the small letter into his pocket. 'Thank you, Sarah.'
Once he had a moment to himself, Frank tore the envelope apart. He knew just from looking at it that it wasn't his usual dreary note from another doctor. Sure enough, the note was short and hastily scribbled onto scrap paper.

'Missed you when I was leaving. I don't know if you'll want to but here's my number so um, call me or something, if you'd like? Gee xoxo'.

Frank scanned the number jotted down on the small piece of paper and smiled to himself. Okay, things we're definitely looking up.
Sign up to rate and review this story