Categories > Celebrities > Panic! At The Disco

Beware Of What You Eat

by LePanicFan 4 reviews

Ryan and Brendon find a strangely decorated banana, but what will happen when they try to eat it? [Oneshot] Just a stupid little thing I wrote because it was in my head. Enjoy!

Category: Panic! At The Disco - Rating: G - Genres: Fantasy,Humor - Warnings: [?] - Published: 2011-11-01 - Updated: 2011-11-01 - 1238 words - Complete

1Funny
Well, I'm home sick and decided to write this :D (pity rates anyone?) Sorry it's not slash, but I have a very dark chapter Rydon coming up! Love you lots like jelly tots

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

It was a Saturday morning, and Brendon and Ryan were sitting in Ryan’s living room, utterly bored. “So... what d’you want to do?” Brendon looked up at his best friend, considering the question. His chocolate-brown eyes darkened, and his sixteen-year-old, pale forehead creased with the effort.

Finally, Brendon spoke. “Have lunch?” he suggested, and Ryan stared.

“It took you three minutes to come up with that.” Brendon nodded. Sighing at his friend’s slowness, Ryan rose from the pale blue sofa he’d been reclining on, unfolding his stick-thin figure and stretching creakily. “Go on then.” Ryan smiled, making his way past the piles of books on the floor. The two were supposed to be revising for an upcoming exam, but what could they say? The day was too nice for books.

Brendon’s face split wide into a smile as he raced towards the small kitchen, and Ryan laughed. That boy really could move when food was involved. Ryan entered the tiny space to see Brendon searching the fridge, a pout on his face. “Ryyyy,” he whined, turning on the smaller boy with puppy-dog eyes “There’s nothing to eat!” Ryan ran a hand through his honey brown hair, pushing Brendon out of the way so he could inspect the fridge himself. Sad as it was, Brendon was right. The fridge was completely empty, apart from a piece of blue cheese that on closer inspection, proclaimed itself to be cheddar. Ryan dropped it in disgust before turning to the dark haired boy next to him.

“What about a banana?” For a second Brendon ‘hmm’ed, and then his face lit up.

“Yes! Bananas are good.” He stated, grabbing one out of the fruit bowl behind him. There were three other bananas in the bowl, and Ryan inspected them carefully. The first one had a nasty-looking bruise down its whole length; the second had green splotches on it. But the third...

“Brendon did you do this?” Ryan indicated the weird, crudely drawn face, complete with fangs that decorated the top half of the banana in indented black lines. The strangest part was that it had a whole body drawn on too, a leg and arm on each side and a cute little tuxedo on the front, where the banana curved forwards.

“Mmph?” Brendon swallowed the monster bite of his own banana before trying again. “Nuh-uh, not me. You’re the one that does that arty nonsense.” He smiled to show it was a joke, but Ryan hit him lightly over the back of the head anyway. Brendon stuck his tongue out before chomping on another third of banana.

“Huh.” Ryan looked at the caricature once more before taking hold of the top, trying to break it open to get to the creamy food inside. “Ow!” Ryan yelped, dropping the fruit like it was hot.

“What ha- Ryan! You’re bleeding!” Brendon gasped, taking Ryan’s hand to examine the two puncture wounds on his palm. “What did you do?” Ryan shook his head; the punctures were really deep and stung when the air hit them. They both stared down at the banana on the floor; it was just lying there innocently. But when Brendon bent down to pick it up, the thing jumped at him!

“Ahh!” Brendon screamed, beating at the tiny attacker with his hands. The etched arms and legs had disengaged themselves from the rest of the banana’s skin, and were at that moment clinging tightly to Brendon’s hair, covering his face. Ryan yelped again, trying to pluck the thing off his friend’s face. “Brendon stay still!” he commanded, because the boy’s flailing was making it impossible to get a grip. Brendon must have heard over the noise he was making, because his movements became smaller within seconds.

Finally Ryan was able to get a grip on the slippery body, ripping it away from Brendon and holding it at arm’s length. Brendon cried out in pain, one hand coming up to cover his face. Ryan inspected the banana for a second, seeing that the fangs had also popped out, and more importantly, stained red!

“Hey!” Ryan exclaimed. “This has been sucking our blood, the little- Brendon? Are you OK, Brendon?” Concern twisted Ryan’s fragile features as he noticed that Brendon had sunk to the ground, blood pouring profusely from two deep cuts in his left cheek just below his eye. “Oh no, oh no...” Ryan muttered the words repeatedly, patting at Brendon’s body ineffectually with one hand, the other being full of vampire banana. “Where do I put this?!” Ryan cried, shaking the evilly grinning fruit.

Then Brendon pointed with one shaking hand, the other still clamped to his face.

“Fridge..” Ryan darted over, opening up the fridge in a matter of seconds before shoving the tuxedoed banana in next to the blue cheddar. Slamming the door hard, he rushed back to Brendon, gently removing his hand to inspect the wounds. They were deep and grisly, but clean-cut and not that long. Setting Brendon’s had back on the wound, Ryan raced to the cupboard where his family kept medical supplies and back in double-quick time with an absorbent square to patch over the wounds while they were healing; some bandages to keep the square on; antibacterial spray to kill any germs and a lot of tissue to clean up the already-spilt crimson liquid.

After spraying liberal amounts of antibacterial spray onto the two wounds, clearing off the thick trails of blood and dabbing at the small rose spots on Brendon’s cream t-shirt, Ryan saw that Brendon was already a little light-headed from loss of blood and could barely hear Ryan telling him to press the wadding onto his cuts. But with a small bit of encouragement he managed it, keeping relatively still while Ryan wound the length of bandage round and round his best friend’s head, almost obliterating the fluffy mess of dark hair before he was finished.

“OK. You’re OK. Breathe Ryan,” Ryan followed his own orders, inhaling and exhaling exaggeratedly. “Breathe.” Rising from the position he had been in previously, namely kneeling by Brendon’s side on the cold linoleum floor, Ryan looked down at his friend wearily. Brendon looked up, equally tired.

“Did that really just happen?” Brendon questioned his voice stronger now that he’d been patched up. Ryan looked at him for a long time before answering. “I don’t know Bren, I really don’t.”

“What have you boys been doing?” Mrs Ross, Ryan’s mother, stared at her son, demanding and answer. “Really, mum, you don’t want to know.” Ryan smiled at his mother before hauling Brendon to his feet, holding his friend by the shoulders as they made their way back into the front room, ready to settle down on the sofas. But before they could, Mrs Ross remarked, “Well you can help me put this shopping away.” Brendon groaned, swinging around just in time to her hand reaching for the fridge door.

“Mrs Ross! DON’T OPEN THAT DOOR!!”

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

So, what do you think? Reveiw or I will hit you with a sock full of jelly :P
*]
[*- Betsy xx
Sign up to rate and review this story