Categories > Celebrities > My Chemical Romance > As Your Nightmare Comes To Life

As Your Nightmare Comes To Life

by XxxFallenAngelXxxx 2 reviews

Dreams and nightmares…they were not all that different. You were unable to have one without the other. Killjoys with a twist.

Category: My Chemical Romance - Rating: PG-13 - Genres: Angst,Drama,Fantasy - Characters: Frank Iero,Gerard Way,Mikey Way,Ray Toro - Published: 2011-10-27 - Updated: 2011-11-07 - 565 words

0Unrated
Hi! So the other day I posted a note on a current story of mine, "Danger Days:The Final Chapter" saying I had an idea for another killjoy story. Here it is. I know, I know that it doesn`t sound too killjoy-ey yet, but it will, do not fear. This is just setting the scene, it can`t really even be classed as the first chapter really, but you know. I know this kinda sucks, but it will get better (I hope!) and MCR will be in the next chapter. I hope that you like it, please let me know if you do. And if I need killjoys for it I will just use to ones from my other story, if you have a problem with this, please let me know.
xoxodakota
You`re a disgrace, Dakota, a fucking disgrace…how can you ever expect to make anything of yourself if you don`t even try? A law school dropout, what are we going to do with you young lady? We really thought you had changed, turned your pathetic excuse for a life around, but no…
This was your last chance Dakota, the last chance to actually be somebody, to make something of yourself…
The spiteful, hate filled words seeping with disappointment echoed in Dakota Nyx`s fabulously twisted, tainted mind. A single tear slid down the girl’s pale cheek, stopping upon her painted red lips, tasting of salt and unhappiness, along with regret, fear and quite possibly even despair.
She was sat all alone in a dark,silent room, in the middle of the deep crimson carpet, hundreds of sheets of flimsy, lined paper and multicoloured notebooks lay around her. Scrawled across the paper in the girl`s spidery, gothic handwriting were words. Words telling of fantasy worlds, full of dragons and captured princesses and happy endings full of love and joy. Not too different from the happy endings she had longed for ever since she was a young child of ten.
Or maybe they were the words of nightmares, telling the reality of her dismal looking situation, all bleak and empty. The stories haunted by the ghosts and demons of the girl`s past, monsters of all sorts feeding on the darkness and hatred of it all. Or maybe, just maybe, they were the words of both.
Dreams and nightmares…they were not all that different, were they? Dakota mused, scribbling down her slightly confused thoughts in the journal resting on her lap, the words gleaming back up at her in crimson ink.
After all to dream you had to wish for something, crave something that was better than your current reality, didn’t you? And to suffer a nightmare you had to know the difference between good and evil, light and dark, right?
You were unable to have one without the other.
She decided after giving it some thought.
Dakota Nyx slammed shut the red velvet journal with a soft click, getting slowly to her feet and placing back in its place in the black, jewelled box under her bed and climbed in. The warm, deep purple covers were comforting, soothing away all the bad memories, washing them away like the rain.
Sighing deeply, she closed her unusual emerald coloured eyes and fell asleep, her dreams far from peaceful but not quite the stuff of nightmares either. Not yet anyway…
Sign up to rate and review this story