Categories > TV > Charmed > Is this what I became?

Is this what I became?

by cdfe88 0 reviews

Drew is Piper's third son, but was conceived when Leo wasn't a whitelighter. He's got mostly useless powers and has to deal living with twice-blessed Wyatt and a newly empowered Chris. He suddenly ...

Category: Charmed - Rating: PG-13 - Genres: Angst, Drama - Characters: Chris, Wyatt - Warnings: [!] [?] - Published: 2006-06-14 - Updated: 2006-06-14 - 2315 words

1Moving
A/N: This is my first Charmed fic, so please try and keep flames to a minimum, or at least try to be constructive, if this sucks, just don't say "It sucks", at least tell me why it sucks. Before we begin, this story will take place in a slightly AU future. In this future Wyatt is not evil (still not a saint thought), and instead of having a daughter, Piper had a third son. More changes to the canon will be explained in this chapter. Enjoy and please R/R, any critic is good as long as it is constructive. So, onto the story...but first, the disclaimer

Disclaimer:
I don't own Charmed, if I did I'd had hired writers that wouldn't mess up the story and I would have forced the actors to sign up for more seasons, I also don't own anything in this fic related to the real world, any similarities is a mere coincidence (or me using my clairvoyance power to copy it =P)...still any original content not featured on any show or other (older) fic, I claim it as mine. Still I release this story as public domain, as long as I'm credited...and now, our feature presentation...

"Is this what I became?" by cdfe88

Prologue


"Drew Farris Halliwell! Come down right now, there's someone here to see you" said a female voice downstairs. It was midday somewhen in the future, the year doesn't matter that much. But it was going to be a really important day for Drew Farris Halliwell. He had known about his powers and wiccan heritage since he learned to talk for the first time. Now he was 16, he didn't feel really excited in his birthday because the only thing he wanted to do was hunt demons like his brothers did. He lived in the Halliwell Manor with both his parents and his two brothers. Piper Halliwell finally had his normal and happy life with his normal and happy family, well at least the most "normal" and "happy" the Warren line could be at a given time. She had left P3 in care of Billie, the witch she took care of when her parents were killed and her sister was destroyed in sake for a greater good, but Billie won't be a very important character in this story. Back to Piper, she finally achieved her dream of owning her own restaurant, Twilight, which was established in Quake's old local. Piper loved her children like nothing else in the world; she had given them both the magical and human nurturing they required. She was surprised when Drew was born because she was expecting a girl, but had given up on that because she decided to have her uterus removed after giving birth to her newborn. She had successfully convinced Leo to send them to a normal school, but reluctantly agreed with him on sending the boys to Magic School in the afternoons. Surprisingly, she coped with her menopause pretty well, she only blew up Leo, Chris and Wyatt randomly...

Leo had learned the lesson from future Chris that he had to be there for his sons, so he did. He remained at the Manor and cared and loved his sons equally. He was there at night to read them stories, he was there to guide the through puberty and give them the talk, he was there to train Wyatt and Chris on their whitelighter powers. He had his wings given back at him by the Elder so he could accomplish this. He managed to compensate not being there for the other Chris and gained their trust as the parent they could go to if the boys didn't want to talk with their mother.

The three boys had learned the truth about the alternate timeline Chris who saved Wyatt from becoming evil. The thought of hurting his family haunted Wyatt for several years until he saved the family from a big threat and finally realized he was not evil. Wyatt had blond, curly hair and blue eyes; he was 18 years old, senior in Hyde high school and hade taken the football team, as a quarterback, to the championship ever since he was discovered as a talented freshman. Due to his football training and also the magical training he had received, he developed a very muscular build and had very good looks. He wasn't a bully, but still not a saint by any means, he made his own portions of mischief in school, causing his mother to ground him in a crystal cage so he couldn't orb away to Tahiti or somewhere else. He, the double-blessed child could've easily escaped the entrapment but the only thing he couldn't defend himself from, was his mother's rage. He was accepted in law school in UCLA, which he was going to attend the next term. He had almost full white-lighter powers: healing, sensing, orbing, telekinetic orbing, energy balls; and witch powers: shielding, sending energy waves, and had his mother's powers of molecule manipulation, albeit reserving the latter for only necessary occasions due to the damage they could cause. He was the best in combat class at magic school.

Chris managed to get over his inferiority complex, since his other self succeed in saving the world, he was cosmically rewarded with the power of Channeling and a double blessing of his own. He was a junior in Hyde High School and captain of the swim team. He is 17 years old. His green eyes and slim athletic body caught every girl's eyes, but Chris only had eyes for his girlfriend Bianca. She was a senior but that didn't mess up with the fact that they were destined for each other, they knew each other's secret which only helped to bring them closer together. Chris wanted to become a doctor, medicine and saving people was his call; even though he already did it. His powers are: orbing, telekinetic orbing, healing, sensing, channeling, regular telekinesis and astral projection. Even though he wasn't as powerful as his brother Wyatt, Chris ended up saving him in more than one occasion with his knowledge on magical stuff, his channeling power and his natural talent in potion brewing. His channeling power besides being a cosmic reward, it was given to Chris if Wyatt ever went out of control and there was need for anyone to control him. He did a great vanquishing team with Wyatt, but he preferred working with Bianca mostly.

Finally, there was Drew, the only one of his brother not to have whitelighter powers since he was conceived before Leo got back his wings. He was mentally gifted, and also, the only one of the brothers not to study in Hyde high school. He was admitted in an International Baccalaureate World School in San Francisco, Piper was very proud of him for this. He also attended Magic School with his brothers, though he had hard times in the combat class since his only active power was levitation. Besides that, his other powers were Clairvoyance, empathy and telepathy, but he had always hidden the latter one from everyone else. You're right, he was his Aunt Phoebe's favorite, not only because they shared almost the same abilities but because she understood how Drew felt about being the youngest sibling. She was his mentor in the use of his powers and the only one he confided his secret power to. He was the most disciplined of the three; he practiced Karate and was two belts away from mastering the martial art, which also allowed him to bond closer to his aunt Phoebe. He meditated everyday and was very methodical in his thinking.

Drew had met Sarah in his normal school the first day in Pre-IB a year ago, their eyes met but their encounter was interrupted by the classes; they shared almost every subject, except that Drew studied Psychology and Physics while Sarah did History and Biology. They met again later that day, surprisingly, at Magic School. They became best friends. He wanted to become an engineer. In Magic School he proved his worth to everyone else in the Magical community. Even though Wyatt had enormous power in his hands and recently started using Excalibur; and Chris always was there for the 411 and mastered the skill of potion brewing; Drew, as his aunt Phoebe in her early carreer, relied on spell-casting for protection, and he was a hell of a spell-caster, he was good to find rhyming words and his vanquishing spells were almost as powerful as Wyatt's molecular acceleration.

Even though he was the best spell-caster, his brothers wouldn't take him demon-hunting because he was the only one that couldn't self-heal, but using his telepathy Drew found out they were only trying to keep him form dying. So he passed his time meditating, making his powers grow and building magical gadgets. He managed to sync his laptop with the book of shadows and had a fairly large amount of unfinished inventions in his room. I forgot to describe Drew, he had blond, spiky hair, green eyes, he was a little slimmer in complexion than Wyatt, but still a little buffer than Chris, let's say he was an exact middle term between his older brothers.

Back to the story, it was Drew's 16th birthday, and he wanted to go demon hunting. The only way he magically helped his family was with his visions and building his gadgets, but he wanted to make a difference. That day, he was happy to see his aunt Phoebe again, and had a long talk about his feelings while Prue, Melinda and Penny, Phobe and Coop's 14 year-old daughters went in the kitchen with Piper, uncle Coop was on a mission. Aunt Paige, uncle Henry and his cousins Henry, Patricia and Julie were at his party too. After the rather lousy birthday party, well, not that lousy, at least the food was good, the cake was too until Paige, Wyatt, Chris, Henry Jr., Patricia and Julie combined their powers and telekinetically orbed the cake and slammed it against his face, everyone laughed, and then it was time to open his presents. Henry and Paige gave him a certificate to attend a Defensive Driving Course with the SFPD. He opened his mother's gift and it was a silver necklace with a triquetra, it was like his brothers', they glowed when something important was happening to the other person, Wyatt's glowed blue and Chris's yellow.

"Now open mine" said Phoebe. It was the coolest gift ever. "It's a katana sword, I got it in Japan" explained Phoebe.

"What!" exclaimed Piper, "you bought my son a weapon! How could you!", you could see worry in her face.

"Don't worry" said Phoebe, "it's for demonstration purposes only, Drew has advanced much in his martial arts study, and he told me he wanted to attend the weapon fighting classes with the other members of the Dojo".

"Wow, you remembered" exclaimed Drew while he hugged his Aunt. I wanted a hug too Drew heard his mom and Aunt Paige think, so he also thanked them and hugged them.

"Oh, by the way" said Aunt Phoebe, "the sword has an ancient charm on it, if you ever get in a life threatening situation, it will protect you".

At the sound of 'life-threatening', Piper immediately said, "Ok mister, just remember that you will only use it at the Dojo and your exhibitions".

"Aww...ok" moaned Drew in disappointment.

"Too bad kiddo" said Wyatt, "I would have liked to challenge your katana against Excalibur", he laughed, and then stopped once he saw his mother giving him a glare that clearly said /Do that and I'll make you wish you never came out of my uterus/.

Later, everyone left, Paige and her family orbed back home in Los Angeles, Phoebe and her daughters went back to her apartment downtown. Piper said he had to check on Billie in P3 and later he was going to Twilight. Leo answered a call from a charge, leaving the three brothers in the manor.

"So, we should go back to the demon hunting now" said Chris.

"Ooh, can I come?" queried Drew.

"Sorry, kiddo, not gonna happen" answered Wyatt.

"But why, I'm sixteen years old and you two went demon hunting since you were fifteen, besides I have the triquetra now" replied Drew.

"Sorry" said Chris as he and Wyatt orbed away to the Underworld.

A/N: I intended to write more as part of the prologue, but it became way too long, so I decided to break the prologue and put the rest in Chapter 1. Please R/R and tell me how am I doing, questions and comments welcome, I'll personally reply every signed review and answer in A/N's anything important for the story. It's all plotted out, but I think the real plot won't begin until chapter 2, although chapter 1 will contain things important in the climax. And now, a sneak peak...

Next time, on "Is this what I became?"

Drew held the silver necklace and put it on when he felt a premonition coming...He saw his brothers chasing a demon...Their eyes started glowing green and they started attacking each other!
...
"My father my call, to answer won't bother,
This is not all, I couldn't tell my mother,
To help me save, more than one brother,
Bring them up here, one way or another"
...
Drew knew this was not going to be easy, but he had a plan...
...
Leo and the Charmed Ones arrived at the Manor just to see Drew's body lying unconscious on the floor with Wyatt and Chris knelt beside it, crying..."We couldn't heal him" said Chris with tears on his eyes.
...
"It's time" said the Angel, Drew nodded.
...
"It wasn't his time yet". "He did many noble things". "He was destined to do greater good". "We have to intervene"...
Sign up to rate and review this story