Categories > Anime/Manga > Yami no Matsuei > Bittersweet

Cry for Help

by Noizchild 0 reviews

Anna's hand begins to revel more to her message.

Category: Yami no Matsuei - Rating: R - Genres: Angst,Drama - Characters: Hisoka,Tatsumi,Watari - Published: 2011-11-07 - Updated: 2011-11-08 - 485 words - Complete

0Unrated
Chapter Twenty-Eight: Cry for Help:

December 23rd, 2009.

Anna’s hand didn’t stop. It kept writing and writing on many sheets of paper. Her friends couldn’t figure it out.

Why? Why? Why?

Watari observed her with the girls.

“Any change?” he asked. Becky shook her head.

“I see,” the scientist said. He looked at his phone. Still no calls.

“Something wrong?” Willow asked. The Shinigami looked up. Both women eyed him Watari nodded.

“Yeah,” he said. “I’m expecting someone to call.”

“Who?” Becky asked.

“Tsuzuki,” the scientist mumbled. The leader blinked.

“Who?” she asked.

“Oh,” Willow said. Becky turned to her.

“What’s going on?” she asked. “Who’s Tsuzuki?” Willow put her hand on her shoulder. Becky looked up at her.

“Willow?” she asked. Her friend gave her a serious look.

“What’s going on?” Becky asked.

“Come with me,” Willow said. Then, she led the friend out into the hall.

“Willow?” Becky asked again. Watari watched on silent. He turned back to Anna. She still hadn’t returned. Her mind was elsewhere, but her hand…

/What are you trying to tell us?/, he thought. Then, something caught Watari’s eye.

“Hm?” he asked. The Shinigami looked at the paper. His eyes slowly widened.

“The pattern changed?” he asked. This time another message came with “Why”.

Help me…

Watari eyed her. “Help you?” he asked. “What do you mean?”

Help me. Help me. Help me. Why? Why? Why? Help me.

Watari read on. He noticed that her hand had gotten a little faster. The writing got smaller and denser on the page. The scientist took the paper away for her to write on a fresh one.

Why? Why? Why? Help me. Help me. Help…

Watari read over the paper. Something clicked in his mind. He raced out of the room and down the hall.

“Tatsumi-san, Bon! Come look at this!” he yelled. In five minutes, he showed them the results. The other two Shinigami eyed him.

“What does it mean?” Hisoka asked.

“Hard to say for the time being,” Watari replied. “I say we let her keep writing.” The men quickly got it.

“Then maybe she’ll tell us what happened,” Hisoka said.

“Exactly!” Watari replied.

“But how do we keep track?” Tatsumi asked. The blonde scientist smiled.

“We just have to keep watch over her like we have been,” he said. The other two went quiet. Watari clapped his hands.

“Any other questions?” he asked.

“What about Tsuzuki?” Hisoka asked.

“Keep trying to call him,” Watari said. “Anything else?”

“Her friends?” Tatsumi asked.

“We’ll deal with them along the way,” the scientist replied. “Anything else?” The other two stayed quiet. Watari clapped his hands together.

“Right,” he said. ‘Let’s go.” The Shinigami went back to Anna’s room.

Meanwhile, Anna added something new to her message.

Why? Why? Why? Help me… Help me… Why? A-sa-to…

Back inside her prison…
Sign up to rate and review this story