Categories > Celebrities > My Chemical Romance

Hello? Is anybody there?

by Unicorns-are-real 0 reviews

(sad one-shot) Gerard has to face the truth... (This is purely fictional, all said scenarios are fanatical and any relation of them to the real world are entirely coincidental I DO NOT OWN MCR JUST...

Category: My Chemical Romance - Rating: G - Genres: Drama - Published: 2011-11-09 - Updated: 2011-11-09 - 575 words

0Unrated
Gerard's POV

Hello? Is anybody there?

I can't think nor can I breathe. I'm drowning, smothered by the truth. Time has stopped for me, but it continues for everyone else. Everything I see is so fake and all that I touch seems unreal now. My body is numb. So is my mind.

Hello? Is anybody there?

My heart is beating still, a soft thud against my ribs a gentle woosh of blood in my ears. But it feels like my body has shut down already. My mouth is dry, my tongue like a rough bar of sandpaper that cuts my throat. A moment has fallen on this scene, but it has stayed longer than it should have and now the clock has stopped, the world has shattered at my feet and crumbled into dust.

Hello? Is anybody there?

Hot sweaty hands can no longer feel the cold beneath them, feet can't feel the floor and lungs can't be filled with air. A second becomes a minute, an hour, a day, a week. It just keeps melting, tumbling like sand through a clenched fist. My clenched fist.

Hello? Is anybody there?

Time cannot be grabbed, pulled back or saved. It's a continuous cycle moving on. It waits for no one and leaves them behind. That's what it's doing to me. It's moving away and leaves me trapped, caught in this awful moment which just won't break.

Hello? Is anybody there?

I've never been religious but now it strikes me that I'm praying over and over. It's just one small cry from one small mouth; Hello? Is anybody there?
A once strong person screaming for help, for an answer, for guidance. A shout that I'm hoping is heard all the way to the farthest corners of the universe.

Hello? Is anybody there?

A voice says my name,
'Gerard'
Time is still frozen and the moment will not lift. The palm of my hand can no longer feel the doorhandle.
'Gerard'
The handle slips out of my grasp.

Hello? Is anybody there?

Something warm touches my limp hand and the wretched moment finally shatters. A soft smile, welcoming arms and a warm embrace. I feel so small so lost, the question screaming out of my head; Hello? Is anybody there?
The inevitable is asked,
'What did she say?'
And there is no hiding from those eyes.
I find the truth pouring out, all the words I didn't want to hear tumble out in a river of the complete and utter truth. The words that sounded so wrong to my ears sounded so right in my mouth.
'I have cancer, Mikey.'
And that's when he holds me again, tight to his chest with all the love only a brother can give.
'Then we'll get through it together.' He says.

Hello? Is anybody there?

And my call has been answered. It reached the farthest corners of the universe and was heard. Hope was given and accepted. And time was finally caught up with. And I will get better.

I will.






Ugh, I'm sorry for such a depressing one-shot I had to get this off my chest :/ One of my family members this week was diagnosed with cancer again. I wrote this in dedication to her, and all those who have fought, are still fighting or have lost their lives to this horrible disease. Together we can and will beat cancer.


Let me know your thoughts,

-Sara xoxo
Sign up to rate and review this story