Categories > Celebrities > My Chemical Romance

Coke Bottles: A Frerard Short.

by xDcee 1 review

Who knew customized Coke bottles could mean so much? [one shot?]

Category: My Chemical Romance - Rating: G - Genres: Romance - Characters: Frank Iero,Gerard Way,Ray Toro - Published: 2011-11-10 - Updated: 2011-11-10 - 2393 words

2Exciting
Coke Bottles: A Frerard Story.
A/N: I was standing in the line of my local supermarket and I was staring at the Coke bottles with names on it and then I thought about how there was a place in the shops not far from where I lived where you could pay to have certain things written on them. So, I put two and two together, Thus! Coke bottle Frerard was born! I almost did a victory dance in the line of the self serve AND I didn't go to school because I NEEDED to write this (even though is sucks ass) ENJOY!

It was another ordinary day in New Jersey. It was cold and dull and- Heck it was just New Jersey. The only thing noticeably different about today was the color of the leaves.
It was Autumn now, Franks favorite time of year, but here he was, sitting in a coffee shop by himself staring out the window letting his coffee go cold. Again. This was his third coffee, and the first` was long gone, drank and keeping him awake. His second had ended up on his jeans once it was cold because the lovely cleaning ladies clumsiness. He thanked her sarcastically for that and had been receiving glares from her since.

Outside he watched people walk past, pulling hoods on to their heads to shelter from the rain and pulling parkas and numerous layers of clothing around themselves in attempt to keep warm. For a moment he almost felt bad for being the one inside a warm building, jacket, gloves and scarf off. But then he realized ‘It’s their own fault’
He vibration of his phone in his pocket tore him away from his thoughts of people freezing outside and cleaning ladies ugly glares staying on their faces forever. Leaning back into the green star bucks chair, he pulled his phone out and looked at the text, smiling as soon as he saw the name flash across the screen.
‘Come home babe? I need you-Gee’ he laughed and shook his head before it vibrated again. ‘Shit. That sounded dirty, I meant I just need you here. Please come?-xx Gee’
With a small smile, Frank stood up and wrapped his scarf (well, theoretically it’s Gerard’s scarf) around his neck, straightened his beanie and pulled on Gerard’s thick, warm parka jacket. (So what if he always wore his boyfriend’s clothes?)
Leaving his cold coffee on the table, he started to the door, replying his texts. ‘Be there soon-xx’
Shoving his phone deep into his pocket, he pushed the doors open and stepped into the unbelievably cold air outside, making him automatically pull his gloves on and wrap his arms around himself as he let out a long tendril of breath.
At least I won’t be out here long he thought as he trudged down the dampened street, turning down the next street.
“Hey! Frank!” a slightly high voice called out. Frank turned around and watched one of his best friends running towards him, afro bouncing and water flying off his shoes. “Hey, you’re going home now, right?” he asked as he bent over to breathe.
“Uh huh” Frank nodded and watched Ray try to catch his breath amusedly. “Why?”
“I need” he took a deep breath, stood up straight and placed a hand on the shorter mans shoulder. “I need you to take this to Gerard” he held out an envelope. “It’s from Mikey”
Frank nodded and slowly took the envelope from Ray’s slightly shaky hand and shrugged. “Sure, alright”
“Alright, well I gotta run. Christa needs stuff from the shops ASAP, so yeah. See you later!” he turned and started running down the street. “Make sure you give it to him!” he yelled before turning the corner. Frank just nodded to himself slowly and started down the dull, damp street.

It was quietly rumbling over head by the time he had reached the end of the street and the rain was slowly starting. So being the nice and considerate boyfriend he was, he unzipped his jacket, placed the letter flat against his ribs and zipped it up again so Gerard wouldn’t receive a soggy and unreadable letter.
Turning up their narrow drive way, he grabbed the damp letters from their mailbox and stopped at the door. “Gerard! Can you come open the door?” he called out once he had made sure his keys were not in his pockets at all. “Please? It’s raining! Babe! You wanted me home!” he banged on the door harder and tried to hide under the small piece of roofing above the door. He knocked the door again as he whined. “Geeeeee!”
“Alright! Alright… Go to the back door. I broke the lock” Gerard said from the other side of the door.
Frank stared at the door and slammed his head on it. “Are you fucking shitting me?” he asked with a sigh. “Can’t you just open a window for me?”
Gerard, on the other side of the door smirked and shook his head. “No, the water‘ll get in”
“Gee, choose. Water or a hell load of mud in the carpet cause if you make me climb the gate and walk to the back door, I will not take off my boots”
“Go to the back, Frank. I don’t care because I will physically take your boots off your feet”
With a loud groan from Frank, Gerard let out a satisfied laugh. “Fine. But I’m shoving this shit under the door” he said as he shoved letters and Gerard’s magazine under the door, making sure to crinkle and rip it as much as he could. He smiled when he heard Gerard let out a small groan and a whine.
“You ripped it!”
“Deal with it the same as I have to deal with going through the back” Frank said smugly before sloshing through the mud to the black gate. “Gerard! How am I meant to climb it?! It’s wet and my boots are muddy!” he whined.
“You can do it, you’ve climbed in worse conditions so don’t give me that shit” He called back. “Do you want a coffee when you get in?”
Frank sighed and glared at the gate as rain the size of bullets pelted his body. He gripped onto the gate and hooked his foot on the horizontal bar and hoisted himself up, place his other foot on the next bar and pulled himself up, slipping and almost bashing his chin on the top of the gate.
“Stupid fucking Gerard” he mumbled as he sat up on top of the gate and inspected his new and, now holey and dirty, gloves. “Make me climb a fucking gate… YOU ARE TOTALLY NOT GETTING ANY EVER AGAIN” he yelled before jumping down to the floor, then regretting it straight away as his boots slipped in slightly deep mud. He glared up at the dark, raining sky before pulling himself up, back soaked and covered thick in mud and stomped his way to the back door, tore his boots off his feet and burst through the backdoor into the kitchen where Gerard was happily humming and making coffees. Frank, as angry as he was, slammed the door, scared the shit out of Gerard and stormed up stairs leaving a small trail of mud behind on the white tiles.
“Babe? You alright?” Gerard called up the stairs. Frank didn’t reply, he just threw his muddy clothes into a basket and pulled on warm clean Marvel lounge pants and a white shirt. Then stomped his way to the bathroom, slamming that door loudly too, leaving Gerard at the bottom of the stairs concerned. He started up the stairs. “Frankie?” he stopped outside the bathroom where the sink water was running. “Frank? Are you okay?”
“Why couldn’t you just have opened a fucking window?” Frank asked angrily as he scrubbed mud off the back of his neck.
Gerard frowned. “Are you mad at me?”
“Mad?! No! What would give you that fucking impression?” he yelled sarcastically. “Because you wouldn’t open a damned simple window, I had to climb a fence, nearly bite my tongue off and then almost drown in mud. I hope you’re happy”
While Frank tried to clean the mud from the back of his head and untangle his hair, Gerard, on the outside, pressed his forehead against the door with a frown. “Frankie… I’m sorry it’s just… my art stuff was at the window—my canvas I did today was sitting there, I didn’t want to damage it and… “ he paused and smirked. “Wait… Frankie. Did you even try to open the gate?”
Frank stopped cleaning his hair and grabbed a towel, then opened the door. “What?”
Gerard stared at Frank, brown water slowly soaking into his white shirt as he dried his muddy hair. “The gate… it’s… unlocked”
Frank stopped drying his hair and looked up at Gerard with a glare. “The gate was unlocked and you didn’t tell me?!” he threw the towel at Gerard and pushed past him. “You’re an asshole!” Frank started down the stairs while Gerard threw the towel to the ground and ran after him.
“Frank!” he jumped down half the stairs and fell, grabbing onto Frank, the two rolled down half the stairs until Gerard his the door at the bottom with a loud thud.
“What…” Frank sat up and turned to Gerard. “Are you alright?” Gerard just nodded and sat up, ignoring the small pain in his shoulder blades. Nothing was going to ruin tonight. Well, nothing but a few words anyway. “Why did you tackle me down the stairs?” Frank stood up and offered a hand.
“I… I didn’t… I-I fell” Gerard took his hands and allowed Frank to pull him up. “But I was going to” he smiled. “I didn’t want you to ruin it…”
Frank, still holding Gerard’s hands, looked up at him confusedly. “Ruin it? Ruin what?” Gerard winked and let go of his hands, wrapped his arms around Frank’s chest and walked him towards the dim living room.
“Close your eyes, please” Gerard whispered. Frank obeyed and shut his eyes, then allowed Gerard to lead him into the living room and sat him on the couch.
“You’re not going to hurt me like last time… are you?” Frank asked, all confidence gone as he semi coward into the couch.
Gerard, frowning at his boyfriend shook his head and leant over the back of the couch to place his hands on his cheeks. “Not going to hurt you, I promise” he ran his thumbs over Frank’s cheek bones before taking back his hands. Frank then sat up straight again as Gerard said a quiet “Open your eyes”
Frank slowly cracked his eyes open, afraid of what he was going to see because, knowing as little about Gerard’s mind as he did, it could have been a naked homeless guy sprawled out on the floor to be their new roomy.
As his eyes adjusted from the blurry state they were left in after closing then, he looked at the table with four bottles of coke sitting there.
“Coke? Gee, I appreciate it, but after all these years I thought you’d know I’m a Dr. Pepper fan” Frank said softly as he turned around to his nervous boyfriend. “Gee? Are you alright?” he kneeled up and leant forward, snatching Gerard’s hand away from his mouth. “What are you nervous about? You only chew your nails when you’re nervous-Oh shit… You’re breaking up with me, aren’t you?” he let go of Gerard’s had and sunk down into the chair. “I’m sorry for being a shitty boyfriend-“
Gerard, shaking his head, spun Frank to face the coke bottles again. “F-Frankie… Look”
Frank stared at the table and shrugged. “At what?”
“The bottles, Frank. L-Look at the flipping bottles” Gerard shakily lifted his hand to his mouth again. “L-Look at them like you’re drawing them”
Frank looked at the bottles. He stared at the shape, the colors and the shadows. The way they stood on the table and the condensation dripping down the side’s right over the word coke. Frank froze. It didn’t say coke at all, it said Will.
“G-Gee… Who’s Will?” Frank asked quietly and, somewhat glumly.
“Just keep looking”
Frank eyed the next bottle sadly, looking at it the same way as the other until he got to the label. “you…?” Frank furrowed his eyebrows and looked at Gerard who was having a nervous feast on his nails. Gerard nodded towards the bottles again, mentally slapping himself for his boyfriend’s stupidity. Even a five year old would be able to tell what was going on.
Frank moved to the last two, not caring about anything but the labels. “Marry… Me?” Frank stared at the bottles for a few moments, confused. Will… you… marry… me? His eyes travelled up the last bottle and landed on a small golden item at the top. It was only then Frank realized what the bottles meant. “WILL YOU MARRY ME?!” Frank yelled as he turned around. He leapt over the back of the couch and landed on a surprised Gerard, landing on the ground with a thud. “Yes! Yes! Yes! Yes! Yes!” he squealed as he planted kisses all over Gerard’s pink tinged cheeks.
With a smile, the older of the two picked them both up from the floor, sat Frank back on the couch and picked up the ring, then got down on one knee and slid the ring on Franks skinny and tattooed finger.
“I love you, Frankie” Gerard smiled as he let a tear roll down his cheek. Frank, with more tears than Gerard, wrapped his arms around him mumbling an “I love you” back.
In their small embrace, Frank now wearing a ring and both crying with happiness, Frank could help but laugh into Gerard’s shoulder. “Trust a fucking artist to come up with this” Frank said with a small sniff. Gerard just chuckled.

Who knew coke making customized bottles could bring two lovers to marry?
Sign up to rate and review this story