Categories > Celebrities > My Chemical Romance > First of the Gang to Die

Note Bene

by unitedsuck007 10 reviews

Category: My Chemical Romance - Rating: G - Genres:  - Published: 2011-11-10 - Updated: 2011-11-10 - 797 words - Complete

5Funny
Update tonight-
Jane


Hey guys.

This is just a pretty important note concerning First of the Gang; not about that I can’t write or something-I actually finished the last chapter today-just that I got some criticism this week from this chick in my English class and I got a wee bit huffy and defensive, because, being honest, this story is like my child and I don’t like it when people pick at it.

(My gay, Great Depression, fictional Mafia child, that is.)

Now, before I start, just lemme get one thing straight; I’m not an arrogant person. I know that’s how it’s gonna sound like in a minute, but I’m really not. I don’t love myself; I don’t think I’m God’s gift to readers everywhere; I don’t make out with the mirror.

But it’s just that certain things were said to me about the story that could be interpreted a different way. So I want to clear those things up and we can get on with our fan fiction lives. Looking over what I have written for FOTG, I realise it's quite different from the real-life MCR guys, so it could be easily misunderstood and shit.

Possible Claims Made About FOTGTD From Some Bitch In My Class As She Read My Paper Over My Shoulder

Italiacs: claims

Bold: my response

1. Not all Italians are in the Mafia, ya know.

I know several Italians and they’re all really nice, really friendly lads. In fact, several of them have helped with this story. But the Mafia is Italian. They don’t allow people from, I dunno, Mongolia in it. You have to be Italian in some sort-it says that in the Omerta; that’s the pledge they make at the very start when they swear into the Cosa. I'm not racist or anything, but it's like dude, it's an exclusively Italian association. Sorry to burst your bubble.

2. Your Italian is pretty bad.

I know that, and I apologize. I speak four languages fluently, and unfortunately Italian is not one, though I really wish it was. I use my friend’s eighth grade Italian textbook to write sentences because I have made a vow not to step near that festering hellhole we call Google Translate. I would also just like to say that English isn’t my first language either, so you can cut me a little slack if my Italian is not up to your standards.

3. You make some people (i.e. Donald Way, Marilyn Manson, Mikey Way) terrible and they could be lovely in real life.

Again, I am aware of that. I said at the start of the story; this is completely fictitious. Fiction meaning I made it up, it's a bunch of lies and I have no idea what the personalities of these men are actually like. I am not going to repeat myself about owning/knowing people from MCR.

4. Frank is waaaay too sensitive/girly/annoying.

Well, not much to say on this other than: so what? Of course I know Frank is very feminine in this story, you'd have to be deaf, dumb and blind not to see that. I'm sorry if it bothers you, but I do it for two reasons:

1. Gerard is manly, violent and powerful in the story. I felt it would be a nice sharp contrast if Frank is girly and his little bunny rabbit.

2. I like it. And I'm the author. So, yeah. Sorry to shit in your Cheerios.


5. You have such a weird taste in music.

I will take this as a compliment.

6. This fic is way too violent.

The mafia, especially the Italian-American one, is extremely violent. Writing a mafia fic without violence would be like producing a porno with no sex; it may be hard to take in and you may not be into it, but it belongs in the story and would be pretty laughable without it.

7. How come Frank never calls Gerard ‘baby, honey’ ect? Seems weird.

*shrugs* I just figure that’s how Frank rolls is all. How his character is. It’s like how Gerard wouldn’t be all girly and effeminate-it doesn’t mean he doesn’t love him or whatever, it just means he’s not into that.

8.Gay people couldn't get married in the 1920s/1930s.

Yes, I am aware of this, surprising as it may seem. Many countries have still not legalised gay marriage. However, the story is fictitious, and therefore I'm totally using poetic license to my advantage here. But yeah, gay people were not treated nicely back then, I get it.

9. Your writing style is pretty weird.

I regret nothing.

10. So...is Gerard Way a real person or what?



*gunshot*

-L.N.I.
Sign up to rate and review this story